Jordan Matthews: Forum Darling

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Jordan Matthews: Forum Darling

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:01 pm

As a Matthews lover (that sounds so weird), all I've read about him is that he's a great prospect, and will probably be a 2nd round pick with a chance he ends up as a late first. I mostly read fantasy articles though but in my limited draftnik reading I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about him. His speed was supposed to be a concern but he nixed that at the combine. You read about him having a tough time separating but somehow he's the most productive WR in SEC history so it almost seems like they're just looking for negatives on him to have them. I don't think he has the upside that some of the other WR's have so that's probably why you don't hear much about him.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:49 pm

Butt Liqueur wrote:
Team Tacos wrote:I like that he had a great combine showing, but isn't receiving much love in non-fantasy mock drafts. Dude is gonna be great in the NFL.
Mushin Muhammad
That's pretty spot on I'd say. The Muhammad part, not the great part. Still would rather have Benjamin or moncrief.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Loss Prevention wrote:Is there anyone who can now post a link to ANY scout or analyst talking this kid up as an excellent prospect (possibly first round receiver)? My point is, are we missing something? Or are they? Have we suddenly become better at judging talent than the guys who get paid to do this sort of thing?
Without a doubt, DLF is way higher on him than anywhere else, I'm not sure why. Looks more like a late 2nd round pick in the NFL draft and should be a late 1st in fantasy drafts.

Big Al
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Big Al » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:45 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
Loss Prevention wrote:Is there anyone who can now post a link to ANY scout or analyst talking this kid up as an excellent prospect (possibly first round receiver)? My point is, are we missing something? Or are they? Have we suddenly become better at judging talent than the guys who get paid to do this sort of thing?
Without a doubt, DLF is way higher on him than anywhere else, I'm not sure why. Looks more like a late 2nd round pick in the NFL draft and should be a late 1st in fantasy drafts.
This is how I see it. Someone is missing something. I do like Matthews but nothing like this site does. I am hard pressed to find another site that has him ranked in the top 5 at WR. Other propects seem to be getting more love elsewhere. I guess time will tell.