Dream Landing Spots

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
RossOfTheYear
Role Player
Role Player

Dream Landing Spots

Postby RossOfTheYear » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 pm

semi-ignoring draft order and a need for drafting defensive players, what are your dream landing spots for the rookies. Feel free to give a reason why you chose there

QB
Johnny Manziel - Vikings
Blake Bortles - Texans
Teddy Bridgewater - Browns
David Carr - Jaguars
Jimmy Garropolo - Raiders (process of elimination, don't really know enough about him)

RB (haven't started my RB research, but here is a list of most of the talked about guys)
Bishop Sankey -
Tre Mason -
Kadeem Carey -
Carlos Hyde -
Isaiah Crowell -
Jeremy Hill -
Lache Seastrunk -
Charles Sims -

WR
Sammy Watkins - Carolina
Kelvin Benjamin - Seahawks
Mike Evans - Eagles
Davante Adams -
Brandin Cooks - Browns
Jordan Matthews - Saints
Marqies Lee - Jets
Allen Robinson - Patriots
Odell Beckham - Buffalo

TE
Jase Amaro - Patriots
Eric Ebron - Green Bay
Austin Seferian Jenkins - Falcons
Troy Nicklas - Carolina
Game of Jones
10 team Dynasty, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST, 1 K
Ryan, Palmer, Wentz, Prescott
Gurley, Bell, Martin, Forte, Rawls, Henry, Don Jackson
Julio Jones, Evans, Benjamin, Crabtree, Watkins (IR), Diggs, Dorsett, Enunwa
Kelce, Henry
Carolina
Tucker

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Dream Landing Spots

Postby Jimmy Jones » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:45 am

Texas is the best spot for all QB's
Browns us second for all but Teddy since he's bad in cold weather
Jags would be third
Vikes 4th
Raiders 5th
Bucks 6th
Arizona 7th
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:25 am

For any WR, Carolina has to be the ideal landing spot.

Assuming Watkins / Evans both go in the 5-15 range, they'll most likely be 1-2 on just about all boards. I firmly believe that whichever WR gets drafted by Carolina (Lee/Cooks/Beckham/Benjamin/Matthews) will immediately vault up to the consensus #3 spot.

For RB's, the only "great" landing spot I see left is Tennessee (assuming they move on from Chris Johnson). I think Sankey is the perfect fit there, he can be the Gio Bernard while Greene plays the BJGE role. Except I think that Sankey can definitely hold up as a full-time RB, jury is still out on Bernard.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Seastrunk to Baltimore, Cleveland, Washington, or Pittsburgh would booost his balue greatly IMO.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:54 pm

Thought I'd go I slightly different direction. This is more of where I think/want them to land.

QB
Johnny Manziel - Raiders
Blake Bortles - Jaguars
Teddy Bridgewater - Browns
David Carr - Texans
Jimmy Garropolo - Vikings (really hoping he doesn't get over hyped & keeps his value)

DL
Jadeveon Clowney - Texans

RB
Bishop Sankey - Falcons
Tre Mason - Jets
Kadeem Carey - Jaguars
Carlos Hyde - Browns
Isaiah Crowell - Cardinals
Jeremy Hill - Titans
Lache Seastrunk - Raiders
Charles Sims - Vikings

WR
Sammy Watkins - Bucaneers
Kelvin Benjamin - 49ers
Mike Evans - Chiefs
Davante Adams - Jets
Brandin Cooks - Browns
Jordan Matthews - Jaguars
Marqies Lee - Lions
Allen Robinson - Panthers
Odell Beckham - Giants

TE
Jase Amaro - Patriots
Eric Ebron - Green Bay
The standard is the standard.

RossOfTheYear
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RossOfTheYear » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Mike Williams is certainly doing nothing to slow the "Sammy Watkins to TB" train
Game of Jones
10 team Dynasty, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST, 1 K
Ryan, Palmer, Wentz, Prescott
Gurley, Bell, Martin, Forte, Rawls, Henry, Don Jackson
Julio Jones, Evans, Benjamin, Crabtree, Watkins (IR), Diggs, Dorsett, Enunwa
Kelce, Henry
Carolina
Tucker

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:59 am

bortles - vikings norv turner could work wonders with that kids skillset
bridgewater - tennessee - they have some young wr and whiz would get the most out of him
manziel - oakland if ever a franchise needed an identity and a guy that could renew hope raiders are it - the oline issues might actually work to his favor letting him do his version of qb madness rather than some headstrong o coord trying to pound square peg in a round hole . schaub will be lucky to make it out of preseason
carr - cleveland - because I am a steeler fan and I enjoy seeing the browns flounder

mason - jax mjd lite makes sense to me
hyde - jets would allow rex to ground and pound with ivory
sankey - tennesee could do some of the things that cf does and they could still let greene handle the goalline stuff
freeman - chiefs similar burst w/o charles long seed but could spell him a few carries a week and be able to take over in like 2016
hill - cards perfect compliment to ellington I think
seastrunk - packers - they don't throw to the rbs much and he could be a perfect match to lacy - I know they drafted franklin last year but the neck injury is concerning.
crowell -texans - foster is nearing the end and a bit of seasoning /maturity could help this kid max out his tools
sims - chicago similar to forte who will be 28 soon they let michael bush walk and only have the ford kid behind forte

watkins - anywhere but new york or oakland where they will misuse him and limit his upside
evans - won't make it that deep but san diego rivers would welcome a guy like vjax - minnesota also as norv would use him right opposite patterson
beckham - denver - peyton hitting this guy in styride in the open field equals fireworks but since they signed sanders they will likely go def at 31
cooks philly chip will use him like djax
lee -detroit awesome compliment to megatron single coverage means lots of big plays
matthews - new england - smart reliable and a gym rat from all reports sounds like a patriot
adams pittsburgh calling him to my steelers in round 2
bryant - seattle at 64 perfect field stretcher for that offense
moncrief - new orleans seems a natural replacement for colston after a year or two
robinson - san fran ...... really good after the catch could reprise the bolden role
benjamin - ravens flacco needs a security blanket on the outside like bolden was

ebron - baltimore ...kubiak uses him like owen daniels and with his superior skillset he could be lethal
amaro - dallas better blocker than advertised and could take over for witten in a year or two
niklas - seattle or miami blocks catches perfect fit
asj - packers they need a te and he is ready made for what they do receiving and blocking
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

BwK
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BwK » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:07 am

Defender wrote: TE
Jase Amaro - Patriots
Eric Ebron - Green Bay

If this happened Id be forced to use my 1.9 and 1.10 on TE. Not sure which 2 I would prefer :think:
10 team non-ppr no FA pickups
QB- Ryan, Romo, Winston
RB-Foster, GIO, Mathews, L. Murray, JStew, Duke
WR-Green, Sammy, Benjamin, B. Coleman, Fitzgerald, Lee, Latimer, Algholar, C. Coleman, Doctson
TE-Graham, Green
K-Bailey, Prater
DEF-Rams

cgcthem
Rookie
Rookie

Postby cgcthem » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 am

Houston seems like a great landing spot for a RB coming out of this draft of course that would be anybody's guess as to who I kinda like Seastrunk going there with say a 3rd round pick Foster is on his last legs and they need a fresh pair off legs there.Anybody else with a guess please do share.

DRDOOM
Attachments
Fantastic four 88 5.5 6.0 001.jpg
Fantastic four 88 5.5 6.0 001.jpg (208.57 KiB) Viewed 851 times

Patmos
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Patmos » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Everybody is cherry-pickin'! :lol: Any RB to Tennessee and any WR to Carolina...who needs help with those?? :lol:

Let's pick some lower-end guys who could vault up, even if they are picked in the late rounds:

1- Tyler Gaffney to Houston
2- Cody Latimer to Philadelphia
3- Zack Mettenberger to Minnesota
aka Indy Speedway in the Lead Dog Championship League

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:16 am

kmbryant09 wrote:For any WR, Carolina has to be the ideal landing spot.

Assuming Watkins / Evans both go in the 5-15 range, they'll most likely be 1-2 on just about all boards. I firmly believe that whichever WR gets drafted by Carolina (Lee/Cooks/Beckham/Benjamin/Matthews) will immediately vault up to the consensus #3 spot.

For RB's, the only "great" landing spot I see left is Tennessee (assuming they move on from Chris Johnson). I think Sankey is the perfect fit there, he can be the Gio Bernard while Greene plays the BJGE role. Except I think that Sankey can definitely hold up as a full-time RB, jury is still out on Bernard.
Sankey has been the guy I loved for a few months now. I would love him going to the titans but hate it at same time cause if he goes there he will vault up everyone elses boards also
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:19 am

QB
Johnny Manziel - I'd like him to go to a team without any wrs I own. Vikings looks good.
Blake Bortles - Browns. A big-armed, pocket qb is what I want for Gordon.
Teddy Bridgewater - Raiders. I like that match although the bloom is way off the rose atm. Not sure they will draft a qb this year.
David Carr - CFL.
Jimmy Garropolo - Backup behind a solid qb. Has the yips when there's pressure, no thx.

RB
Bishop Sankey - Not a big fan but I'll take the Texans. We'll see what Foster has left.
Tre Mason - Falcons. Jackson is really done. Front office seems very inept, should have been cut already.
Kadeem Carey - NA-Didn't like him before the combine.
Carlos Hyde - Titans. I don't know why people keep mocking CoP guys as if Green is actually the answer. The Titans are the best spot for a rb this year. No competition, a coach who likes to run the ball, some wr talent to take pressure off, but no qb who will pass the ball 50 times a game.
Isaiah Crowell - Steelers. He's way better than Bell but they don't see it that way. So I'll take the Browns. I'd like to see Tate stay healthy but it doesn't seem likely.
Jeremy Hill - Saints. They are begging for a guy with some talent to provide a spark.
Lache Seastrunk - Tough one. Saints would be insane.
Charles Sims - The Colts are a good match. Pep will be gone soon and a real OC will take advantage of Lucks talent. I'm not a big fan but the Colts would be ideal.

The Raiders are also a good spot for a back. The Ravens and Jets have some appeal. The Lions could be a good spot in a year or 2. I don't think Bell is an early down back and the new coaches apparently don't think Bush is either and both are old. Still a mess in the short term though.

WR
Sammy Watkins - Oakland. Next year they can have their choice of a better qb crop (hopefully) and he'll have no competition for targets. When you are the only guy in town, you don't need a great qb. Might even allow me to get Watkins cheap.
Kelvin Benjamin - Jets, he's a bust waiting to happen so it's a good match.
Mike Evans - Newton. This is a perfect fit. He has the arm and scrambling to feed Evans. Won't happen obv.
Davante Adams - Steelers
Brandin Cooks - Eagles, though anyone who thinks he'll be used just like Jackson isn't paying attention.
Jordan Matthews - Panthers
Marqies Lee - Seattle
Allen Robinson - Saints
Odell Beckham - Chiefs, because he's another guy I'll be passing on and I don't want Smith ruining the career of a wr I like.

I also don't want a wr I like going to Cleveland (front office nightmare, 2nd target with a bad/rookie qb? no thx), buffalo (bad young qb, front office nightmare), and the jets, could be a trend here...

TE
Jase Amaro - Packers
Eric Ebron - Lions
Austin Seferian Jenkins - I won't be drafting him
Colt Lyerla - Falcons, I'll be watching him very closely. High ceiling, which is what it's all about at TE.