Gurley

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
cusefan115
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Gurley

Postby cusefan115 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:20 am

Where would he fit into this class? Would he beat out Sammy as the consensus #1?

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Gurley

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:40 am

I would think so. Normally a WR guy myself, but I don't think I could pass him up.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:14 am

Yes, I think would be comparable to when TRich and Blackmon came out
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:38 pm

I'd still take Watkins. Here's my rationale:

I'm not sure there is a WR next year better than Watkins (out of Cooper, Diggs, DGB, Strong, even Funchess now). I just don't see that slam-dunk guy.

There is a ton of RB talent next year, and though I place Gurley at the top of it, it's a great group and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the other guys surpass him when it's all said and done.

cusefan115
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cusefan115 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:52 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:I'd still take Watkins. Here's my rationale:

I'm not sure there is a WR next year better than Watkins (out of Cooper, Diggs, DGB, Strong, even Funchess now). I just don't see that slam-dunk guy.

There is a ton of RB talent next year, and though I place Gurley at the top of it, it's a great group and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the other guys surpass him when it's all said and done.

Who are they guys that you are interested in? Gordon, Yeldon, Davis, Ajayi, and Williams? Is Gordon next in line? I'm just crious.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm

cusefan115 wrote:

Who are they guys that you are interested in? Gordon, Yeldon, Davis, Ajayi, and Williams? Is Gordon next in line? I'm just crious.
Currently, my rankings are:

Gurley
Gordon
Williams (speculative, if he puts it all together he could be higher if he doesn't he could be lower)
Davis
Johnson
Yeldon
Ajayi

cusefan115
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cusefan115 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:34 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
cusefan115 wrote:

Gurley
Gordon
Williams (speculative, if he puts it all together he could be higher if he doesn't he could be lower)
Davis
Johnson
Yeldon
Ajayi
Thanks. That list looks pretty good to me. I appreciate the response.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 pm

cusefan115 wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:
cusefan115 wrote:Who are they guys that you are interested in? Gordon, Yeldon, Davis, Ajayi, and Williams? Is Gordon next in line? I'm just crious.

Gurley
Gordon
Davis
Johnson
Yeldon
Ajayi
Thanks. That list looks pretty good to me. I appreciate the response.
No problem man! I play in a devy league where a bunch of these guys (everyone but Ajayi actually, plus a bunch of younger guys) are already owned and it's so hard to find devy discussion (or at least 2015/2016 prospect talk) that I jump at any chance to throw thoughts around on the topic. Most dynasty owners are zeroed in on the current rookies with the NFL draft coming up, with many of the current crop just popping up on their radar...it's tough to find good conversation on the future guys.

cusefan115
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby cusefan115 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:28 am

No problem man! I play in a devy league where a bunch of these guys (everyone but Ajayi actually, plus a bunch of younger guys) are already owned and it's so hard to find devy discussion (or at least 2015/2016 prospect talk) that I jump at any chance to throw thoughts around on the topic. Most dynasty owners are zeroed in on the current rookies with the NFL draft coming up, with many of the current crop just popping up on their radar...it's tough to find good conversation on the future guys.
Yeah. My devy league isn't quite as deep as yours. But I was essentially offered Gurley for Watkins. I turned it down for 3 reasons mostly:
1. Watkins has already been thoroughly evaluated by nfl executives and come out as a top 10 pick (I am somewhat worried about Gurley's speed).
2. I like building around wide receivers.
3. I recently traded for a pick that I am hoping to use on gordon and don't see a great wr alternative there (cooper and diggs are alredy gone, dgb is constantly in trouble)

I guess we will see what happens.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:06 am

cusefan115 wrote:

Yeah. My devy league isn't quite as deep as yours. But I was essentially offered Gurley for Watkins. I turned it down for 3 reasons mostly:
1. Watkins has already been thoroughly evaluated by nfl executives and come out as a top 10 pick (I am somewhat worried about Gurley's speed).
3. I recently traded for a pick that I am hoping to use on gordon and don't see a great wr alternative there (cooper and diggs are alredy gone, dgb is constantly in trouble)

These would all pretty much be my reasons. Although my worry with Gurley isn't necessarily his speed so much as the fact that RB is so talented and deep in 2015 that I wouldn't be totally shocked if you're trading Watkins for the #3 RB next year or something. Which could still be good or could be disappointing, because the higher a RB goes the more likely he is to be handed an opportunity to start.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:49 am

Nice discussion on Gurley. Although I read the OP a little differently: if Gurley was entering the NFL THIS year, then where would he fit in the draft?

We don't have a combine to help judge him with and that is a complication. But Gurley clearly dominated college football for the better part of 2 years. He catches passes, he is improving as a blocker and runs extremely well. Assuming the college tape is correct, he is BIG at 6'1" and 230 lbs. Watching him pull away from linebackers I would guess he runs about a 4.55 forty.

For me it would be a toss-up between Gurley and Watkins. Given my current needs, I'd probably lean towards taking Gurley with the 1.01 pick ... if he was playing in the NFL this season. The last time a college RB impressed me like this he blew out his knee as a sophomore; he then returned as a junior only to blow out the other knee.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Am I the only person concerned with the pounding that Gurley's taken in his career thus far? He was injured a couple of times last season and is still the feeling the effects of it right now. Gurley's an incredible talent but he's behind Gordon right now for me because of his health.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Yes I'd take him over Watkins.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:22 am

cusefan115 wrote:

I like to build around Wr's too and I really like Watkins, but Gurley has been my top devy player for 2 years now. And don't worry about the speed.

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby boobam13 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:18 am

I'm just stoked to see a thread like this and know that I probably have the top 2 picks in 2015 already locked up with trades that I made, the teams have been 11th and 12th that past 4 seasons in our league...Just won the championship last year and if I can walk away from the draft with Gurley and Gordon, I'd be set for years to come
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-