Favorite RB "Sleeper"

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Matticus
Captain
Captain

Favorite RB "Sleeper"

Postby Matticus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Give a shout-out to your favorite "unheralded" running back prospect this year.

Charles Sims, West Virginia

6'1 195 lbs.

Great hands and pass blocking ability. Has been compared to Matt Forte, and while I wouldn't go that far yet I see where it comes from.

FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Favorite RB "Sleeper"

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:39 pm

Marion Grice

I also have him in that Forte mold where he is a good runner and great hands. Grice is not as elusive as Forte but I can see a NFL team using him the same way. Think he can thrive on a team that utilizes the RB as a WR out of the backfield NO DET NE.

6'0
12 Team Dynasty PPR 4 per Pass TD

P.Manning
D.Martin J.Charles L.Miller C.Thompson M.Gillislee
P.Garçon J.Blacmon C.Givens A.Jeffery J.Kerley S.Holmes L.Hankerson M.Floyd(SD)
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:04 pm

Isaiah Crowell, RB, Alabama St/Georgia

He has great talent, but some off the field issues. Wouldn't touch him til the 3rd round of a rookie draft.

nfldraftscout.com:
"Former Georgia RB Isaiah Crowell to enter 2014 NFL Draft...Alabama State junior running back Isaiah Crowell will enter the 2014 NFL Draft, according to his head coach Reggie Barlow. The former five-star high school recruit was dismissed from Georgia prior to the 2012 season for a weapons-related arrest and transferred to FCS-level Alabama State. "Honestly, when he came here that was one of the things that we talked about when he arrived that he would be here two years and that would be his goal," Barlow said on Thursday regarding Crowell's intentions to play in the NFL next year. "Throughout the season, we haven't had much talk about it but we have confirmed that that's what he's gonna do as of right now."

"Crowell is currently ranked as the No. 13 eligible running back and No. 167 prospect overall by NFLDraftScout.com. In 12 games this season, he has rushed for 1,126 yards on 170 carries and 15 touchdowns, averaging 6.7 yards per rush. Crowell has been hampered by an ankle injury the last few weeks and was held to single-digit carries the last two games." - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
The standard is the standard.

1standgoal
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby 1standgoal » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:27 am

Kadeem Carey is my favorite running back this year, Yet he keeps getting ranked around the 4 or 5 mark. Oh well.

Charles Sims is my definite 2nd favorite.
2015 League Champion
12 Team Standard League
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/DEF/K

FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:16 am

Crowell was one if my guys but see him drafted late and to a bad situation. He is talented but not sure he is C.Michael talented where he looks better than the back up. It may take him 3 years to even touch field in regular season. Add off field issues can't touch him till 4th I might let someone draft him and cut him, then grab him off waivers.

Sims is right at 4/5/6 for me I think in a good situation he will have instant impact. If he goes to ATL or another RB needy team he might jump to top 3 for me. RB to me has a great deal to do with situation.

P.Manning
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 am

FF_EJuggernaut wrote:Crowell was one if my guys but see him drafted late and to a bad situation. He is talented but not sure he is C.Michael talented where he looks better than the back up. It may take him 3 years to even touch field in regular season. Add off field issues can't touch him till 4th I might let someone draft him and cut him, then grab him off waivers.
Crowell is overwhelmingly acknowledged to, at least talent wise, be one of the top 3 backs in this year's class (if not top 1-2). Unless you view Michael to be more talented than every RB in this year's class he is probably more talented than Michael.

Storm Johnson is my favorite sleeper. Big back that can run out of multiple schemes and has great versatility.

Devonta Freeman is up there too. His explosion and speed are incredible, but he is getting more hype of late so I struggle to call him a sleeper.

I'm big on a number of the backs but most of them I see going in the top 3-4 for RBs so I can't really call them sleepers.
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
RB Foster, Peterson, Spiller, Khiry Robinson, Riddick,
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin
TE Cameron, Pitta, Bostick, Kelce, Griffin

2014: 2.01, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.10; 3.01, 3.02, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09

Team 2 - 12 team ppr - 21 man roster/4 man TS - 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1 DST 1 K
QB - Romo, Vick
RB - Lamar, Greene, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Helu
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith
TE - Green, Witten, Robinson
2014: 1.08, 2.05, 3.08, 4.05

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/a_swinderman

FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:55 am

I loved loved loved Michael at Texas A&M and think if he was in this class he might be top back. If not for his injurys and falling out with the coach at A&M he might have been the 1st back off the board last year. With that being said it's kind of the same situation for me on Crowell my evaluation is off freshman tape, never watched at Alabama state. Michael was his tape the prior year and spot work his final year of A&M. Both I have watch limited tape on but I think if both are healthy Michael is better. Michael will be Seahawks starter in 2015 and if he didn't cost so much I would be buying( was drafted alil to early in my 1st dynasty start up). Will also like to add I didn't buy in on Michael off is hype during the draft he just jumped off the screen for me.

Like Storm Johnson too situation is key for a lot of these guys. If he gets a legit chance in offseason he will be on my team.

P.Manning
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:01 am

Jeremy Hill for me, kind of similar to Crowell as far as talented with character concerns, I see him as more likely to make an impact early in his career though.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:26 am

As a deeper sleeper, Marion Grice and Branden Oliver. I think Oliver has a chance to be this years Zac Stacy

As a mid level, more well known sleeper I would say J Hill. I think he could be the most productive RB from this class if he stays out of trouble

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:53 am

Matticus wrote:Give a shout-out to your favorite "unheralded" running back prospect this year.

6'1 195 lbs.

Great hands and pass blocking ability. Has been compared to Matt Forte, and while I wouldn't go that far yet I see where it comes from.
Are you sure about the 195 lbs? I think I saw him at over 200 somewhere.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1948 ... cks/page/8

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:46 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote:
Matticus wrote:Give a shout-out to your favorite "unheralded" running back prospect this year.

6'1 195 lbs.

Are you sure about the 195 lbs? I think I saw him at over 200 somewhere.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1948 ... cks/page/8
Sims is 5117 in height and 214 as per Senior Bowl measurements.
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
RB Foster, Peterson, Spiller, Khiry Robinson, Riddick,
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin
TE Cameron, Pitta, Bostick, Kelce, Griffin

2014: 2.01, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.10; 3.01, 3.02, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09

Team 2 - 12 team ppr - 21 man roster/4 man TS - 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1 DST 1 K
QB - Romo, Vick
RB - Lamar, Greene, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Helu
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith
TE - Green, Witten, Robinson
2014: 1.08, 2.05, 3.08, 4.05

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/a_swinderman

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:03 pm

Just went off what Roto had on site. Hasn't been updated apparently... I really like Freeman as well, "Bradshaw-like" in my mind without the injury concerns.

AZK
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby AZK » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:17 pm

I haven't seen anyone list Storm Johnson yet but he looks like a solid sleeper prospect to me.
Ainslie-Rachlin Law, "Our decisions... are guided by the perceived values at the moment of the decision - not by the potential final value."

all day
Starter
Starter

Postby all day » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:10 pm

David Fluellen from Toledo. 6' 215. I only have seen him in the senior bowl but he looked very good. I don't know much about him yet but he is on my list of players to learn more about. Just looking at stats he was very solid in college.

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:09 am

A lot will depend on his Combine performance but Terrance West is a kid I've got my eye on.