Marqise Lee

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Hazmat Heifer
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Marqise Lee

Postby Hazmat Heifer » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:25 am

georg013 wrote:
kmbryant09 wrote:Butt Liqueur is much lower on Lee than the general consensus.

Lee is, on average, the #2 WR in this year's draft class behind Watkins. I'm guessing this time of year people get bored with the standard rankings and look for any excuse to shake things up - which is why some people want to put guys like Robinson, Evans, and Benjamin ahead of Lee and in some cases Watkins.

As for overall WR's - I'd put him in the low 20's. Remember, a year ago Lee was the #1 overall prospect in this year's draft class, and was talked up as a borderline top10 overall dynasty WR. One injury-riddled season with no QB shouldn't drop him 20 spots.

I think we can all agree (for the most part), that Lee is in the 1.2 - 1.5 range in this year's draft class. To me, that puts him ahead of some borderline WR 2's like T. Smith, T.Y. Hilton, K. Wright, R. Randle, E. Decker, etc.
This. I am borderline shocked by how quickly people have fallen out of love with this kid. He was THE college receiver to pursue in 2012. Research the scouting reports on this kid circa 2012. They paint a different picture. You typically see analysts (today) still giving him love. I hope my leaguemates are as low on him as some seem to be in here! Seems like the owners who know what this kid offers are remaining tight lipped. Interesting.
All of this. Keenan Allen 2.0. Picking 9th in both leagues hoping he falls.
Team 1- (13 year)10 Team Dynasty (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, K, D/ST - 18 roster spots) No PPR, Pass- 200yds= 3 pts, td's= 4pts, Rush/Rec- 50yds= 2pts, td's 6pts
QB - T Brady, C Kaepernick, R Tannehill
RB - L McCoy, A Peterson, M Forte, L Bell, C Michael
WR - D Bryant, J Gordon, R Cobb, A Jeffery, M Floyd, R White, K Wright,
K - D Bailey, M Crosby
D/ST- Broncos

Team 2- (2nd year orphan) 10 Team Dynasty (1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR/TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, K, - 18 roster spots) All TD's 6 points, Passing 1 point -25yds, -1 int. 2pt bonus 300yds. Rush/Rec - 1 point 10 yds 2 pt bonus 100 yds. -2 fumbles
QB - T Brady, N Foles, R Tannehill
RB - M Lynch, K Moreno, MJD, S Vereen, C Michael, D Lewis, J Todman, J Franklin
WR/TE -Julio, J Gordon , K Allen, W Welker, R Randle, K Wright, J Hunter
K- open

Bronx Bomber
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bronx Bomber » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:46 am

swinderman wrote:
Bronx Bomber wrote:Maclin was considered a top 15 WR a couple years ago. I'll take that if that's what Lee winds up as. Not much room with the youth of the position currently to go too much higher. To turn an unknown (draft pick) into a top 15 guy would be a good outcome IMO.
Ehhhhh.... very much depended on who you asked. Maclin was as divisive as Lee appears to be. You had some people that suggested he was a top 15 WR and then a lot of others had the feeling he was much closer to the WR2/WR3 border than WR1/WR2. It seemed pretty 50/50 to me. There was always hope that he could become that guy but he never was. He averaged 63/861/6.5 over his 4 seasons, numbers that would have put him between Marvin Jones and Golden Tate in a PPR this year with the WR29. Per game averages he would be WR28. Maclin was never actually a top 15 WR.
That may be true and good analysis. I agree Maclin was a debated guy in the rankings and 15 was probably the high end of his value. But here's the deal, Lee is at a low point now, but he was at one point the top (drool over) prospect...by many. If he never becomes a top 15 WR but starts to have that debate then you'd be buying low and be able to sell high when he's the 2nd/3rd year guy that people start hyping again. There are tons of players that you can cash in on, are ranked higher then, or valued higher then their actual production. FF would be very black and white if everyone went based on actual proven production. Look at guys like Christine Michael, Ladarius Green, Patterson, Wilson, Miller, etc. Guys will get hyped and value will be regained.

Give me Lee turning into an actual WR15 or discussed as a WR15 (in the future) and either is fine with me. I'll either keep him and reap the rewards in the first case or cash in when he's a hot topic in the second scenario. His previous prospect status, athleticism and college production will spark a hype train at some point if he shows even a slight flash a few times this year.

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:00 am

Bronx Bomber wrote:
That may be true and good analysis. I agree Maclin was a debated guy in the rankings and 15 was probably the high end of his value. But here's the deal, Lee is at a low point now, but he was at one point the top (drool over) prospect...by many. If he never becomes a top 15 WR but starts to have that debate then you'd be buying low and be able to sell high when he's the 2nd/3rd year guy that people start hyping again. There are tons of players that you can cash in on, are ranked higher then, or valued higher then their actual production. FF would be very black and white if everyone went based on actual proven production. Look at guys like Christine Michael, Ladarius Green, Patterson, Wilson, Miller, etc. Guys will get hyped and value will be regained.

Give me Lee turning into an actual WR15 or discussed as a WR15 (in the future) and either is fine with me. I'll either keep him and reap the rewards in the first case or cash in when he's a hot topic in the second scenario. His previous prospect status, athleticism and college production will spark a hype train at some point if he shows even a slight flash a few times this year.
Oh I don't disagree. In most of my leagues there is probably a point at which I will take him becuase I know the hype will take over and I can sell high on him for more than whoever I'd rather take with the pick. I also know that he will probably get taken before it gets to that pick for me. I'm currently trying to cash in on Christine Michael myself :)

I really do hope Lee works out and proves me wrong. I like the way he plays when he is in there and is running in the open field. He's an exciting guy to watch. I just can't find myself desiring to go in on him as an owner.
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
RB Foster, Peterson, Spiller, Khiry Robinson, Riddick,
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin
TE Cameron, Pitta, Bostick, Kelce, Griffin

2014: 2.01, 2.03, 2.04, 2.09, 2.10; 3.01, 3.02, 3.04, 3.05, 3.09

Team 2 - 12 team ppr - 21 man roster/4 man TS - 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1 DST 1 K
QB - Romo, Vick
RB - Lamar, Greene, Woodhead, Pierre Thomas, Daniel Thomas, Helu
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith
TE - Green, Witten, Robinson
2014: 1.08, 2.05, 3.08, 4.05

Follow me on Twitter! https://twitter.com/a_swinderman

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:22 am

Lee has been passed by prospects I like better, but that doesn't change the fact he is a baller in his own right.
He's trending toward being a value pick in rookie drafts where I have 1.02 because I won't be picking him there.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham

Matticus
Captain
Captain

Postby Matticus » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Not personally a big fan of Lee, but the hype will definitely be there when we find out where he lands. I can hear it now... "OMG, he's the next Mike Wallace (if the Steelers grab him)." I see him as the #2 WR when all is said and done (not on mine :snooty: ).

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 pm

this is the only place I have seen ppl rank him outside the top 3 wr in this draft. but a lot of ppl on this forum form their opinion and can be proven 100% wrong and will still stick to their opinion so its best to read what ppl here say and take it with a grain of salt.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:24 am

knotts4372 wrote:this is the only place I have seen ppl rank him outside the top 3 wr in this draft. but a lot of ppl on this forum form their opinion and can be proven 100% wrong and will still stick to their opinion so its best to read what ppl here say and take it with a grain of salt.
I hate to tell you this, but if you think that this is the only place where that happens you're in for a very rude awakening.

You're also going to struggle to prove anyone 100% wrong on their opinion on a college prospect when the player hasn't even been drafted yet...
Team 1 -12 team ppr league - 23 man roster/4 man TS - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

QB Rivers, Kaepernick
WR Demayrius, James Jones, Crabtree, Dobson, Boyce, Holmes, Malcolm Floyd, Goodwin

QB - Romo, Vick
WR - Gordon, Jeffery, Floyd, Cruz, Bailey, Blackmon, Britt, Holmes, Patton, Steve Smith

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:33 am

knotts4372 wrote:this is the only place I have seen ppl rank him outside the top 3 wr in this draft. but a lot of ppl on this forum form their opinion and can be proven 100% wrong and will still stick to their opinion so its best to read what ppl here say and take it with a grain of salt.
You must have read the Montee Ball sucks Ronnie Hillman is the man thread!
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:37 am

:lol: lol
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:30 am

Lee is a guy that I'm likely going to be forced to make a decision on. In my main league I'm picking 1.03 and the owner of 1.01 and 1.02 has both picks and pretty much already said that he's likely going to take Watkins and Evans. At this point, I like Matthews, Robinson and Sankey more than Lee but a lot is going to be decided by the actual draft and who goes where. I may end up pulling the trigger on Lee for no other reason than the consensus says that he's the best player available and hoping I can turn him into Robinson+ after the fact.

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Vendetta wrote:Lee is a guy that I'm likely going to be forced to make a decision on. In my main league I'm picking 1.03 and the owner of 1.01 and 1.02 has both picks and pretty much already said that he's likely going to take Watkins and Evans. At this point, I like Matthews, Robinson and Sankey more than Lee but a lot is going to be decided by the actual draft and who goes where. I may end up pulling the trigger on Lee for no other reason than the consensus says that he's the best player available and hoping I can turn him into Robinson+ after the fact.
Totally agree on this fact. Alternatively, I may just try to trade back in that situation. If you really like Matthews, Robinson, and Sankey, try to trade back a couple slots unless of course you have a major preference in that group of 3.

QB Rivers, Kaepernick

QB - Romo, Vick

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 pm

swinderman wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Lee is a guy that I'm likely going to be forced to make a decision on. In my main league I'm picking 1.03 and the owner of 1.01 and 1.02 has both picks and pretty much already said that he's likely going to take Watkins and Evans. At this point, I like Matthews, Robinson and Sankey more than Lee but a lot is going to be decided by the actual draft and who goes where. I may end up pulling the trigger on Lee for no other reason than the consensus says that he's the best player available and hoping I can turn him into Robinson+ after the fact.
Totally agree on this fact. Alternatively, I may just try to trade back in that situation. If you really like Matthews, Robinson, and Sankey, try to trade back a couple slots unless of course you have a major preference in that group of 3.

x2. I've always been a big proponent of trading back when you don't like what you see on the board.
The standard is the standard.

Monkey
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Monkey » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:36 pm

I own the 1.02, 1.06, 2.02, 2.06 picks in my starter keeper league and I've already had people inquiring on whether I'd trade down, but I'm waiting til draft day or right before to maximize their value. Unless I see something I really like, 1.02 will probably be a nice player, but I'm pretty sure I can trade back to 1.05 or even 1.07 and still pull in good players and maybe gain even more picks.

aaroneous
Captain
Captain

Postby aaroneous » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:41 am

jubben wrote:I own the 1.02, 1.06, 2.02, 2.06 picks in my starter keeper league and I've already had people inquiring on whether I'd trade down, but I'm waiting til draft day or right before to maximize their value. Unless I see something I really like, 1.02 will probably be a nice player, but I'm pretty sure I can trade back to 1.05 or even 1.07 and still pull in good players and maybe gain even more picks.
Definitely agree with all aspects of this. No reason to trade now when you know the value will be at its highest at a later point. Plus, it is good to see what's on the board when you make the deals so he can try to see how far back to go and still see your favorite player. In one of my leagues I own 1.08 and 1.09 (and 1.05) but I wouldn't be surprised to see Matthews and Robinson fall that far. I really like the value throughout the draft and think if you can trade back and land one of your guys while getting additional assets this is the perfect draft to do it in.

I'm planning on trading back with hopes of getting picks for next year.

QB Rivers, Kaepernick

QB - Romo, Vick

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:54 pm

The combine has come and gone, Marqise Lee didn't really WOW us with his 40 time. What are the general thoughts on him at this point in time? Is he in your top 3 still?
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry