Bishop Sankey: Tale of the Tape

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Bishop Sankey: Tale of the Tape

Postby Cy23 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:09 pm

DJB wrote:I too am in the manner that you draft the guy that "you" value the most. To me, I could really care less where the players current ADP is, if he is a guy I love and value highly on my board, than I take him where I have him ranked on my board. I suppose at times you can move back and hope that your guy is still there to gain more value, but it is a risky play. Take your guy and move along. You will never be able to live with yourself if you pass on your guy and he turns out to be a stud.

But... is he going to be a stud, moreso than the WR's?

It isn't that I love Sankey and hate the WR's, I'm just trying to figure out what is BPA there and how to maximize.

Although you are right, I shouldn't worry too much... I drafted Moreno at 1.01 in this league because I thought he was clear BPA despite loving McCoy. I could have even traded down to 1.03 to take McCoy, but I lacked the confidence.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Too early to tell as of right now I would say. I think as we get closer to the actual NFL draft, we will all have a better idea on players outlooks. Go with what your gut tells you.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 am

if he turns out it will not matter how high you picked him .... if he is mediocre or busts it won't matter how much of a steal hge seems to be on draft day. You mentioned you always take the best player available well do so .... if sankey is not BPA THEN PICK SOMEONE ELSE OR TRADE BACK until he is if you feel like you have to have him.
I used to acquire inventory for a living ..... we had a saying better to overpay for quality than under for junk I apply that to my dynasty acquisitions whether it be trades or draft choices . Everyone wants to be the smartest person in the room and I see guys outsmart themselves all the time .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:46 am

So Sankey was the first running back off the board. Mid-second round pick. He went to the only team in the NFL with a gaping hole at the RB position.

Can you say Rookie of the Year and my clear 1.3 selection?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

guyatwork37
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby guyatwork37 » Sat May 10, 2014 7:44 am

Both of those are legitimate possibilities.

Sharktank
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sharktank » Sat May 10, 2014 8:12 am

Top 4 pick in most leagues for sure.

sent from my Galaxy S4
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 WR/TE, 1 TE, 2DL, 3LB, 2DB
12 Teams 1 PPR IDP

QB - A. Rodgers, Eli, Bridgewater
RB - ADP, Ellington, T.Gerhart, B.Rainey, S.Taylor
RB - Gio, McKinnon, Turbin, D. Robinson, K.Davis,K.Moreno (ir)
WR - Megatron, P.Harvin, M.Wheaton, A. Holmes
WR - A.Jeffrey, B.Marshall, J. Blackmon, Marvin Jones
WR - A. Brown, Beckham Jr, H. Nicks
TE- J.Graham, T.Kelce, Harbor
DL - J.Casey, G.Hardy, M.Dareus, W.Young
LB - P.Willis, L.David, J.Houston, B.Marshall, D.Davis
DB - E.Berry, K. Vacarro (R), E.Thomas, A.Cason

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Tue May 13, 2014 4:53 am

He shouldn't be a top 4 pick, but he will end up being one.

Watkins, Evans, Lee, Cooks (top 4 in my non formatted rankings)
Watkins, Teddy, Manziel, Evans (top 4 in my 2 qb rankings)

Sankey should go in the top 12 picks, just don't think he warrants top 4-5 consideration, but someone will draft based on need not talent as it happens every year in every draft.
"Ask for the world in return, settle for a couple continents" - Trading Studs

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Tue May 13, 2014 6:57 am

BadgerYou wrote:He shouldn't be a top 4 pick, but he will end up being one.

Sankey should go in the top 12 picks, just don't think he warrants top 4-5 consideration, but someone will draft based on need not talent as it happens every year in every draft.
I understand your point that guys like Cooks/Lee might be better prospects at WR than Sankey is as a prospect at RB (though I disagree), but I think you are forgetting an important piece to the puzzle.

Even average RB's that are thrust into a great situation (like Sankey has been) carry A TON of value. As it currently stands, Giovani Bernard's ADP is 13, Eddie Lacy's ADP is 14, Le'Veon Bell's ADP is 17, and even Monte Ball's ADP is 32. Say what you will about Sankey as a prospect, but he's got to be as good if not better than Bell and Ball, and he's in every bit the situation that Bell was as a rookie.

I think people get caught up in only being interested in ELITE talents at the RB position. I tend to agree that the strategy works for WR's - it's why someone like Michael Floyd is ranked significantly higher than someone like Cecil Shorts, despite being in a worse situation. But I think the RB position is largely based on situation, save for the few ELITE talents in the league. Peterson, Charles, McCoy, and maybe Lynch are really the outliers at the position. All the rest? Nothing special, to be honest. Doug Martin, Matt Forte, Zac Stacy, Demarco Murray, the rookies mentioned above, do you really believe that all of those players would be top10 backs in crappy situations or timeshares? My answer is no.

But anyways, onto Sankey - I know people around here are enamored with Gio Bernard, and they were even when Bernard was a prospect a year ago. Sankey is starting to get comparisons to Bernard(and Doug Martin/LeSean McCoy), but the funny thing is - Sankey is the better athlete - he tested better than Gio ACROSS THE BOARD. I just don't know what more you need to see from Sankey - his college production was nothing short of spectacular. NFL Evaluators clearly love the guy since he was the #1 RB taken. He's in an ideal situation with no starter ahead of him and running behind an above-average OLine. He'll be involved in the passing game. What more do you want? No, he's not an Adrian Peterson-type prospect, but he looks destined to be the next young RB to enter top10 dynasty rankings.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Tue May 13, 2014 7:48 am

kmbryant09 wrote:

I understand your point that guys like Cooks/Lee might be better prospects at WR than Sankey is as a prospect at RB (though I disagree), but I think you are forgetting an important piece to the puzzle.

Even average RB's that are thrust into a great situation (like Sankey has been) carry A TON of value. As it currently stands, Giovani Bernard's ADP is 13, Eddie Lacy's ADP is 14, Le'Veon Bell's ADP is 17, and even Monte Ball's ADP is 32. Say what you will about Sankey as a prospect, but he's got to be as good if not better than Bell and Ball, and he's in every bit the situation that Bell was as a rookie.

I think people get caught up in only being interested in ELITE talents at the RB position. I tend to agree that the strategy works for WR's - it's why someone like Michael Floyd is ranked significantly higher than someone like Cecil Shorts, despite being in a worse situation. But I think the RB position is largely based on situation, save for the few ELITE talents in the league. Peterson, Charles, McCoy, and maybe Lynch are really the outliers at the position. All the rest? Nothing special, to be honest. Doug Martin, Matt Forte, Zac Stacy, Demarco Murray, the rookies mentioned above, do you really believe that all of those players would be top10 backs in crappy situations or timeshares? My answer is no.

But anyways, onto Sankey - I know people around here are enamored with Gio Bernard, and they were even when Bernard was a prospect a year ago. Sankey is starting to get comparisons to Bernard(and Doug Martin/LeSean McCoy), but the funny thing is - Sankey is the better athlete - he tested better than Gio ACROSS THE BOARD. I just don't know what more you need to see from Sankey - his college production was nothing short of spectacular. NFL Evaluators clearly love the guy since he was the #1 RB taken. He's in an ideal situation with no starter ahead of him and running behind an above-average OLine. He'll be involved in the passing game. What more do you want? No, he's not an Adrian Peterson-type prospect, but he looks destined to be the next young RB to enter top10 dynasty rankings.

Good Arguement - the past 3 rookie drafts, I've traded back and aquired proven talent because i refused to draft the Bells/Balls and at the time Lacys. I guess if i was top 4 in the draft and someone was drooling over Sankey, I'd trade back. Just preference on draft styles.

Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cy23 » Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 am

Lee went 2.05 in my draft.

I kept trying to trade up but nobody would trade, they all liked their guy too much.

BadgerYou
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby BadgerYou » Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 am

Cy23 wrote:

Lee went 2.05 in my draft.

I kept trying to trade up but nobody would trade, they all liked their guy too much.
If calling out your players for future odds at vegas was a thing, I'd put money on Lee being the next Keenan Allen type of player this year (obviously Bortles is a huge unknown) but by year 2 it could be a steal of the draft at 2.05