Lache Seastrunk is going to destroy the combine

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Lache Seastrunk is going to destroy the combine

Postby RobertBobson » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Seastrunk's speed score is a disappointing 97. I'd be really curious to see if he can improve his 40 time at his pro day. I don't think his combine killed him for me, like it did for Carey but am concerned.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:23 am

RobertBobson wrote:Seastrunk's speed score is a disappointing 97. I'd be really curious to see if he can improve his 40 time at his pro day. I don't think his combine killed him for me, like it did for Carey but am concerned.
Any links to the speed scores for all RB's? Or did you just calculate yourself - in which case can you post the exact formula ?
Last edited by kmbryant09 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 am

kmbryant09 wrote:
RobertBobson wrote:Seastrunk's speed score is a disappointing 97. I'd be really curious to see if he can improve his 40 time at his pro day. I don't think his combine killed him for me, like it did for Carey but am concerned.
And links to the speed scores for all RB's? Or did you just calculate yourself - in which case can you post the exact formula ?
(Weight * 200)/(40 Time ^4)
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 am

How was Baylors line this year? I remember Seatrunk being the top RB along with Melvin Gordon III and the he just kinda fell off. A lot of times a RB can be very limited by a bad O line.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

jason401
Starter
Starter

Postby jason401 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:13 am

I think it was just due to the way they run their offense. They run 4 WR and spread them out wide, very uptempo, and they rotate their RB's. They had 3 RB's with over 150 carries. He also dealt with a groin injury during the season that kept him out of a few games.

Still, I wouldn't say he 'fell off' though.

Seastrunk - 158/1177/7.4/11
Gordon - 206/1609/7.8/12

If he played the 2+ games he missed with the groin injury he'd have just about the same stats as Gordon.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:49 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:How was Baylors line this year? I remember Seatrunk being the top RB along with Melvin Gordon III and the he just kinda fell off. A lot of times a RB can be very limited by a bad O line.
I think it was really good. 2 or 3 guys that should be drafted. He got hurt at some point in the season, but I don't remember when.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:39 pm

Well he did a better job destroying today as he ran an unofficial 40 of 4.35 at his pro day today. Love fest back on?

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:21 pm

I think he's been a borderline top 5 talent and possibly the best RB for a while now. 4.35 is nice and expected, but 4.5 wasn't the end of the world.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:38 pm

As with all rb in this class landing spots will dictate when they are drafted in fantasy leagues. The waters are muddy due to a lack of elite talent or complete packages among this group. Decent quality to be had in the late 1st and into the 2nd round of rookie drafts.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

flexcapacitor
Captain
Captain

Postby flexcapacitor » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:41 pm

4.35 is what I expected from him at the combine. I saw that he ran a 4.46, maybe that's the official time. He did have some good times in the other RB drills: Long Shuttle 11.33 - would have ranked 1st at the combine
3 cone drill - 6.81 - " " top 4 at combine
short shuttle - 4.31 - " " top 9
I was hoping that he would have weighed in at his listed playing weight of 210. At 201 I wonder what kind of roll he would play in an offense. This is another thing that makes him seem more and more like Spiller.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:21 pm

Seastrunk doesn't have the lateral agility and natural shiftiness of Spiller though. I do think he plays MUCH faster than he timed, but that could be a start/stop issue which could be concerning on it's own. Build-up speed works for certain players, but since the knocks on Seastrunk are his vision, instincts, and side to side ability, he's kind of reliant on that speed.