MOST RELIABLE SCOUT

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
NJKV
Starter
Starter

Re: MOST RELIABLE SCOUT

Postby NJKV » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:32 pm

knotts4372 wrote:guess im the only one that thinks waldman does a pretty poor job. i think the two best talent evaluators are mike mayock and Daniel jeremiah
He puts in a lot of works so you don't have to and does a good job at it. His rankings can be wack sometimes but his RSP isn't the bible of dynasty scouting. He charges 20 bucks for a 600 page document. In which, he watches every play of every game of these guys. It is a great deal for the information.

As for DJ and Mayock, these are guys to pay attention too also. I think Jeremiah is one of the best scouts that isn't employed by a team right now. He knows his stuff. I think Mayock has a little out there opinions, like Waldman.

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 am

I bought Waldman's Rookie Scouting portfolio and I agree, these rankings are a bit wack. There is some good info in there but I can only take the rankings with a grain of salt. I'm not passing on Marquise Lee and Brandin Cooks for guys like Robert Heron, Bruce Ellington, Cody Lattimer, and Martavis Bryant. Those guys are sleepers. 3rd-5th round picks..
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:22 am

Jimmy Jones wrote:I bought Waldman's Rookie Scouting portfolio and I agree, these rankings are a bit wack. There is some good info in there but I can only take the rankings with a grain of salt. I'm not passing on Marquise Lee and Brandin Cooks for guys like Robert Heron, Bruce Ellington, Cody Lattimer, and Martavis Bryant. Those guys are sleepers. 3rd-5th round picks..

IF you pay attention he points out several times his rankings are based on upside,talent, breakout ability etc, he mentions his rankings are not a guideline to follow when drafting and even gives specific areas to look to draft a player Bryant for example he says to look for in the 3rd round. He also will be coming out with a big board after the draft when players are drafted and he can factor situation and systems into the mock.

lifesyourcup
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lifesyourcup » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:44 pm

knotts4372 wrote:guess im the only one that thinks waldman does a pretty poor job. i think the two best talent evaluators are mike mayock and Daniel jeremiah
Mayock is horrible on skill players and he has knee-jerk reactions just like the rest of the major media guys.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:06 am

KingsKing wrote:
Jimmy Jones wrote:I bought Waldman's Rookie Scouting portfolio and I agree, these rankings are a bit wack. There is some good info in there but I can only take the rankings with a grain of salt. I'm not passing on Marquise Lee and Brandin Cooks for guys like Robert Heron, Bruce Ellington, Cody Lattimer, and Martavis Bryant. Those guys are sleepers. 3rd-5th round picks..

IF you pay attention he points out several times his rankings are based on upside,talent, breakout ability etc, he mentions his rankings are not a guideline to follow when drafting and even gives specific areas to look to draft a player Bryant for example he says to look for in the 3rd round. He also will be coming out with a big board after the draft when players are drafted and he can factor situation and systems into the mock.
I believe waldman elevates these 3rd-5th rd guys because if he puts a guy like cooks or marquise lee high and the hit big its eh cause lots of ppl thought they would. if he puts guys like ellington and Bryant high and they don't hit its kinda like oh well but if once in a while they hit then he makes himself to look like a genius. why in the world would anyone pay for a report on information you can partially do yourself and find for free from multiple other places? part of the fun for me is to do my own research. not pay for some schlub to do a piss poor job at it. once again just my opinion. don't wanna offend the matt waldman lovers out there
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:18 pm

I think the true value in reading (expert?) evaluations and checking out mock drafts is to see how others view a prospect. Ultimately, you need to do your own film study and use the opinions of others to gauge where you need to target that player.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:27 pm

KingsKing wrote:

So no matter what he says he wasn't wrong then? If a guy is great he predicted it and if he isn't, he was only talking about upside. Guess that makes it a tad easier.

If the rankings aren't of any use for fantasy drafts who do you think they are meant for?

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:14 pm

knotts4372 wrote:
KingsKing wrote:

I believe waldman elevates these 3rd-5th rd guys because if he puts a guy like cooks or marquise lee high and the hit big its eh cause lots of ppl thought they would. if he puts guys like ellington and Bryant high and they don't hit its kinda like oh well but if once in a while they hit then he makes himself to look like a genius. why in the world would anyone pay for a report on information you can partially do yourself and find for free from multiple other places? part of the fun for me is to do my own research. not pay for some schlub to do a piss poor job at it. once again just my opinion. don't wanna offend the matt waldman lovers out there
I rarely seem to agree with your takes or player assessments but I think this post is money ... almost what I was about to write word for word .
everyone knows someone like this .... they always remember when they are right but dismiss when they are wrong as someone else missing something

this is the guy that pounded the table for chad spann and darrin evans if I recall .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

polk_high_allstar
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby polk_high_allstar » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:08 am

I was thinking about buying this as well but if doesn't have any value maybe I'll just see if i can get a copy on the web. Anyone know of a link or site that you might find a copy?

Thanks
Madden Cruisers (10 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLEX, K, 2 DL, 3 LB, 2 DB(1 IR)

QB - J. Garoppolo, J. Winston
RB - S. Barkley, J. Mixon, R. Penny, M. Sanders, D. Foreman, C. Hyde, G. Bernard
WR - A. Cooper, C. Kupp, C. Davis, C. Godwin, D. Metcalf, D. Westbrook, K. Stills, D.Parker, D. Moncrief
TE - D. Njoku
DL -J. Watt, C. Dunlap, E. Griffen
LB - L. Kuechly, B. Wagner, T. Edmunds
DB - H. Clinton-Dix, D. Kazee
K - M. Crosby

Madden Cruisers (12 Team)
QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SFLEX, FLEX, DT, DE, 2 LB, CB, S, 2 FLEX

https://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2018/ ... =0005&O=07

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:18 pm

polk_high_allstar wrote:
I was thinking about buying this as well but if doesn't have any value maybe I'll just see if i can get a copy on the web. Anyone know of a link or site that you might find a copy?

Thanks
Yeah sure, paypal me $10.00 , I paid full price for mine and so did everyone else who has it why should you get it for free?

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:27 pm

polk_high_allstar wrote: I was thinking about buying this as well but if doesn't have any value maybe I'll just see if i can get a copy on the web. Anyone know of a link or site that you might find a copy?

Thanks
Yeah, that's illegal.
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Jules wrote:
polk_high_allstar wrote: I was thinking about buying this as well but if doesn't have any value maybe I'll just see if i can get a copy on the web. Anyone know of a link or site that you might find a copy?

Thanks
Yeah, that's illegal.
so is speeding so never do it again captain morality

although if he thinks the guys takes suck then why would he want them at any price .... too much info is nearly as bad as not enough
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

dlf_jules
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby dlf_jules » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:captain morality
My apologies. I know how much you hate it when people are judgmental on these forums.
clarion contrarion wrote: maybe its my age but the clothes don't matter so much , although I find the hat choice to be retarded he isn't the loan ranger of his generation for that particular fashion disaster but anyone who is covered in tattoos is suspect to me ... I mean jesus christ dude just buy a painting or uses yer signing bonus to fund a mural somewhere .
clarion contrarion wrote:self expression is fine but I want people making sound judgments and splattering your body with a bucket of ink and calling it artwork or a dedication or a memorial is idiotic & does not scream solid judgment in my opinion
Download the 2019 Cohort Report for free today!

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Jules wrote:
clarion contrarion wrote:captain morality
My apologies. I know how much you hate it when people are judgmental on these forums.
clarion contrarion wrote: maybe its my age but the clothes don't matter so much , although I find the hat choice to be retarded he isn't the loan ranger of his generation for that particular fashion disaster but anyone who is covered in tattoos is suspect to me ... I mean jesus christ dude just buy a painting or uses yer signing bonus to fund a mural somewhere .
clarion contrarion wrote:self expression is fine but I want people making sound judgments and splattering your body with a bucket of ink and calling it artwork or a dedication or a memorial is idiotic & does not scream solid judgment in my opinion

hey thx for bookmarking my greatest hits ... it will help my work live on in perpetuity
last I knew having an opinion in this country was not illegal but speeding still is ....... and probably will be even after the thought police revoke freedom of speech and expression
thx for trying out there jr.
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

Jimmy Jones
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Jimmy Jones » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:03 pm

polk_high_allstar wrote:

Thanks
I never said it didn't have value, I just said the rankings are wack. There's 1,300 pages if data and the player write ups are great. I've been reading the info and it's value able and enjoyable. I just won't be taking Robert Herron, Bruce Ellington, Martavis Bryant, Paul Richardson, or Cody Lattimer before guys like Marquise Lee, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Brandin Cooks, and Kelvin Benjamin.
The Green Bay Packers
10 Team Superflex, Pass Heavy Scoring
1QB, 1QB/RB/WR/TE, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Def, 1K
Passing: 2pt/20yds 5pt/TD; Rushing/Receiving: 2pt/10yds; 1PPR

QB's: ARod, Rivers, Sanchez, Manziel, Mallett, Mettenberger
RB's: Charles, Lacy, Ellington, Oliver, Davis, Starks, CMike
WR's: Julio, Maclin, Sanders, Watkins, Crabtree, Patterson, Quick
TE's: Graham, Kelce, ASJ