MOST RELIABLE SCOUT

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
PrimeTime
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: MOST RELIABLE SCOUT

Postby PrimeTime » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:28 pm

As you see it's one of the hardest gigs to bat above 500 in. That's why it is so great. I do my own evaluating, I'll list some hits and misses just because lol.

2012-
Hits: M. Floyd, A. Jeffery, TY Hilton
Misses: I. Pead, R. Hillman, R. Broyles, J. Adams

2013-
Hits: K. Allen, T. Williams, A. Ellington
TBD: M. Wheaton, J. Boyce
Miss: M. Gillislee, R. Swope, C. Harper

So if I split Wheaton/Boyce we're at .500 that's good.

Fwiw these are all actual rookie draft picks made throughout my leagues. Fun little exercise actually.

knotts4372
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby knotts4372 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:45 am

PrimeTime wrote:As you see it's one of the hardest gigs to bat above 500 in. That's why it is so great. I do my own evaluating, I'll list some hits and misses just because lol.

2012-
Hits: M. Floyd, A. Jeffery, TY Hilton
Misses: I. Pead, R. Hillman, R. Broyles, J. Adams

2013-
Hits: K. Allen, T. Williams, A. Ellington
TBD: M. Wheaton, J. Boyce
Miss: M. Gillislee, R. Swope, C. Harper

So if I split Wheaton/Boyce we're at .500 that's good.

Fwiw these are all actual rookie draft picks made throughout my leagues. Fun little exercise actually.
exactly what others and I have said. those are guys most ppl liked going into the draft anyway. notice all the ones you put as misses are ones that would have actually been nice if he was right. it just shows what we said earlier, the ones everyone likes he takes credit for but the ones he misses with are so low its hard to blame him. its easy to be at .500 if you are picking 1st rders all the time.

lets use my one dynasty draft for an example here. we get 5 rds worth of picks and since 2011 heres how I've done
2011 - 1st rd Julio, 2nd rd DeMarco murray, 3rd rd-austin pettis, 4th Jordan Cameron, 5th rob housler
2012 - 1st rd doug martin, 2nd rd chandler jones, 3rd Mychal kendricks, 4th reuben randle, 5th chris polk
2013- 1st rd gio Bernard, 1st rd- eddie lacey, 3rd rd- kiko Alonso, 3rd-matt barkley, 4th-knile davis, 5th- gavin escobar

that's Julio, doug martin, gio, lacey as studs...Alonso, jones, Cameron, kendricks as solid starters....a few guys with potential but jury still out and granted a few huge busts (eff you matt barkley).

so with that being said does that mean im better than waldman and should sell my scouting list for 20 bucks? no it just means I got guys where they shoulda been taken and got lucky.
DLF hall of famers 16 teams 25 man roster
http://football29.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... =07&F=0016

IRONCLAD 16 teams 40 man rosters http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/leagues/133985/teams/

@donnynutz on twitter

PrimeTime
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby PrimeTime » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:31 am

Yep, thought it was pretty cool to go back and check out some picks I've made. Laugh at myself yet pat myself on the back at times.

I do it because I love to do it, the challenge is something you may never overcome. I can't bash anyone for "missing" on guys is just the nature of the business. As others hve mentioned Waldmans rankings may not be the most accurate in terms of final product but who's is? It's the elaborate work he puts into it. This was my first year buying it, I was rather impressed but it might not before everyone.

It's also a great learning tool for guys looking to start there own evaluations.

TheFFGhost
Role Player
Role Player

Postby TheFFGhost » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Whatever your opinion of the RSP, check out the ORANGE Report and let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtguy88
Role Player
Role Player

Postby vtguy88 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Main issue with the ORANGE Report is the lack of navigation tools. A digital document that large should have some method of integrated shortcuts
12-Team PPR & IDP(1.5/solo,4.5/sack,6/int,etc) 8 off., 10 IDP starters w/ inflated QB scoring
QB: M.Stafford,J.Cutler
RB: G.Bernard,J.Hill,S.Ridley,C.Michael,C.Hyde,I.Crowell,J.McKinnon,C.Sims
WR: J.Jones,A.Jeffery,S.Watkins,D.Hopkins,J.Gordon,O.Beckham,P.Richardson,B.Quick,J.Hunter
TE: L.Green,T.Kelce
LB: B.Wagner,N.Bowman,S.Weatherspoon,D.Davis,D.Washington,K.Robinson,S.Moore,T.Smith,P.Brown
DE: C.Jones,G.Hardy,C.Johnson,J.Hughes
DT: N.Suh,G.Atkins
CB: A.Verner,J.McCourty
S: M.Burnett,D.Whitner

12-Team,12-keeper, non-ppr, IDP-1pt/tackle,3/sack, 4/INT, etc
QB: M.Ryan
RB: D.Murray,A.Foster,T.Mason,I.Crowell,S.Vereen,J.Randle,C.Michael
WR: AJ Green,A.Jeffery,J.Gordon,M.Evans,A.Robinson
TE: D.Walker,E.Ebron
LB: L.David,B.Wagner,M.Kendricks,D.Trevathan,T.Smith
DT: J.Casey
DE: M.Wilkerson,E.Ansah
CB: J.McCourty
S: H.Smith,J.Cyprien

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 16, 2014 8:44 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
bob2005 wrote:I enjoy Waldman's analysis and writing a lot, but like any other scout, he is not infallible and has made some big misses to go along with the hits. I actually appreciate his contrarian views on some prospects. I think he's also gotten better the past couple of years especially.

Bucky Brooks at NFL.com is somebody who has been standing out for me too.
I read Waldman the previous couple of years but frankly the contrarian rankings have mainly ended up being wrong, really wrong. The only guy I can think that he hit on was Russel Wilson. There's definitely some value in reading someone's opinion who has watched a lot of tape but the rankings weren't helpful in the end. So depends what you are looking for.

Some people really like Cosell as well, but similarly when you look at the track record it isn't very good.

I've yet to find anyone who is right more than not.

If they are right more than not they probably arent work at some website

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 16, 2014 8:52 am

from what I read on here it seems. like a lot of posters just run right to the ranking section without reading the evaluations on guys..

and if you read the guide he says thru out this is just a guidepost and not an end all correct answer

why read when you can complain on a forum about some guys rankings? I guess all those pages is too much work
20 bucks is small change for what you get out of it. plus if you dont want to pay 20 bucks for something useful. can you really afford to be playing FF?

smh...
Last edited by ebsteelers on Fri May 16, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

ebsteelers
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ebsteelers » Fri May 16, 2014 8:55 am

kundertnick wrote:
buck6380 wrote:
knotts4372 wrote:paying for information is just funny to me. I really don't get it at all. do the work yourself or you probably shouldn't be in deep dynasty leagues anyway
$20 bucks is really nothing to me, especially after chasing 2 toddlers around after a full day work!

I don't really have a problem paying a few bucks to help in my scouting.
I agree. (I don't have the two toddlers part) I love football and I love playing dynasty. It is just a hobby though. I don't want to spend hours looking at "tape". To truly evaluate a player, you have to watch plays numerous times to understand responsibilities/schemes/pass pro/route tree/coverage/etc... I don't want to have to do that. So 20 bucks isn't bad for a huge document that doesn't take too long to search through with a ctrl + F plus other resources that are free. I let someone else do the leg work. I'll digest it and go with my gut on a the quick cut-ups I watch.
the guys who do it for free, probably just use the pre draft rankings that are set for you.. with RSP you have so much info in one spot is what is so nice about it. no one has time to watch hours and hours of film here. if you do hope your getting paid for it.

plus most people arent in huge money leagues thus investing 20 bucks to save you hours is probably worth it

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:52 am

knotts4372 wrote:guess im the only one that thinks waldman does a pretty poor job. i think the two best talent evaluators are mike mayock and Daniel jeremiah

I am leaning this way too. I have been a customer last 3 years and think I will look elsewhere 2015. I do appreciate his hard work but too many misses for me