Bang on the Table guys

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Bang on the Table guys

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:28 am

I was just thinking about guys I will take maybe earlier than expected because I have to have them. Who are some the guys you love so much that you have to draft him even if it's a round early. I would like to know why since I watch college football for players that will be drafted and some slip by.

For me Marion Grice he has a nose for the end zone and is a dual threat back that should help a team right away.
ASJ I see baby Jimmy Graham when Washington uses him think he can be a TE1 in 1st or 2nd year.
12 Team Dynasty PPR 4 per Pass TD

P.Manning
D.Martin J.Charles L.Miller C.Thompson M.Gillislee
P.Garçon J.Blacmon C.Givens A.Jeffery J.Kerley S.Holmes L.Hankerson M.Floyd(SD)
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

N.C. Nightcrawlers
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Bang on the Table guys

Postby N.C. Nightcrawlers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:18 am

Eric Ebron - Yes I'm being a homer and Yes the guy is going to be amazing TE in the NFL.
Marion Grice - underrated all around dual threat back
Est. 2013 Dynasty league :10 Team : 20 roster spots:2IR Spots : .5 PPR
Starting Lineup: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE , 1 Flex

QB: Matt Ryan / Tyler Bray ( IR )

RB: Giovani Bernard /Jerrick McKinnon / Monte Ball Jeremy Hill / Bobby Rainey / Christine Michael Charles Sims / Theo Riddick / C.J. Spiller ( IR )

WR: Julio Jones / Sammy Watkins / Brandin Cooks Mike Evans / Justin Hunter / Jordan Matthews Martavis Bryant

TE: Jimmy Graham / Julius Thomas

K: Bailey
D: Texans

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:56 am

Well it's unfortunate because I won't be able to grab him late anymore, but Mike Evans had been my guy for two years now, but his draft stock has shot up like crazy and is now a top 3 prospect at WR. Other than that, Jay Ajayi from Boise State is a guy I love to watch and will be grabbing him in the 2nd every chance I get.

N.C. Nightcrawlers
Rookie
Rookie

Postby N.C. Nightcrawlers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:31 am

I have the 1st and 2nd overall 2014 rookie draft picks.
Watkins and Evans will be got. Wish I had a 2nd round pick, because I see some value there in 2014 for sure.
Est. 2013 Dynasty league :10 Team : 20 roster spots:2IR Spots : .5 PPR
Starting Lineup: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE , 1 Flex

QB: Matt Ryan / Tyler Bray ( IR )

RB: Giovani Bernard /Jerrick McKinnon / Monte Ball Jeremy Hill / Bobby Rainey / Christine Michael Charles Sims / Theo Riddick / C.J. Spiller ( IR )

WR: Julio Jones / Sammy Watkins / Brandin Cooks Mike Evans / Justin Hunter / Jordan Matthews Martavis Bryant

TE: Jimmy Graham / Julius Thomas

K: Bailey
D: Texans

FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:22 pm

Glad to see someone some Girce love.

I'll throw another guy out there who I think had fallen too far Brandon Coleman I liked him last year and with all the prospects rising and him fallen might I repeat might be there for teams in the 3rd.

P.Manning
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:01 pm

If you see ASJ as 'baby Jimmy Graham' you will be sorely disappointed. Other than maybe their hands, their skill-sets are entirely different. An the athleticism isn't even close. I know we're always looking for the next Graham or even Gronk, but there are other prospects this year that deserve those comparisons much more than ASJ (who I do like--he's just a different type of TE).

WelkerTexasRanger
Starter
Starter

Postby WelkerTexasRanger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:23 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote:If you see ASJ as 'baby Jimmy Graham' you will be sorely disappointed. Other than maybe their hands, their skill-sets are entirely different. An the athleticism isn't even close. I know we're always looking for the next Graham or even Gronk, but there are other prospects this year that deserve those comparisons much more than ASJ (who I do like--he's just a different type of TE).
What would your pro comparison be for ASJ, on the field?

FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:08 pm

I hear you and maybe I should've worded it differently. I don't think he will be close to Graham period. But what I was trying to say with the Baby Graham thing is he knows how to use his big body to box out either LB or Safeties and can be a beast in Red Zone. He may not jump as high as Graham but he can jump and get contested balls. He should be able to stretch the seem as a pro. Also would like to add it is team dependent as is alloy of players if he goes somewhere and is behind a souls starter he may just be a situation player and will hurt value.
Agree he's not as gifted athletically as Graham but think he has the frame and skillset to best some LB and S in the NFL.

I 100% don't think he is next Graham or Gronk those don't grow on trees and is like saying any WR is the next Calvin.

Would love to know Pro Comps for ASJ as well and the guys who you give Jimmy Comps.

P.Manning
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:38 pm

WelkerTexasRanger wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:If you see ASJ as 'baby Jimmy Graham' you will be sorely disappointed. Other than maybe their hands, their skill-sets are entirely different. An the athleticism isn't even close. I know we're always looking for the next Graham or even Gronk, but there are other prospects this year that deserve those comparisons much more than ASJ (who I do like--he's just a different type of TE).
What would your pro comparison be for ASJ, on the field?
I would compare ASJ to Greg Olsen. It is hard to find a comparison because he is no Julius Thomas or Jimmy Graham but not as bad as pure RZ threats.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:01 am

FF_EJuggernaut wrote:I hear you and maybe I should've worded it differently. I don't think he will be close to Graham period. But what I was trying to say with the Baby Graham thing is he knows how to use his big body to box out either LB or Safeties and can be a beast in Red Zone. He may not jump as high as Graham but he can jump and get contested balls. He should be able to stretch the seem as a pro. Also would like to add it is team dependent as is alloy of players if he goes somewhere and is behind a souls starter he may just be a situation player and will hurt value.
Agree he's not as gifted athletically as Graham but think he has the frame and skillset to best some LB and S in the NFL.

I 100% don't think he is next Graham or Gronk those don't grow on trees and is like saying any WR is the next Calvin.

Would love to know Pro Comps for ASJ as well and the guys who you give Jimmy Comps.
I think the reason that I don't like the Graham comp (despite their ability to both go up and get the ball, and be red zone threats) is just that Graham is a fluid, frankly ridiculous world-class athlete, more so than most other NFL players even. Just from a H/W/S point of view. Combine that with his ups, hands, agility, and smoothness and you're looking at a jumbo-sized WR. ASJ is a good athlete for his size, but he's more of an in-line TE. Noticeably more stiff, slower, less agile, and generally less athletic than Graham--which like I said, is not even a big knock because I DO really like ASJ (drafted him in a devy league last year), and Graham is just that ridiculously, unfathomably athletic for his size.

My ASJ comparison would be Gresham, with better hands. This is not an insult--many have forgotten, but before his knee injury Gresham was insanely hyped as a dynasty TE prospect, and even when he came out and didn't test like an athletic freak, the label kind of stuck because everyone thought he'd come back from the knee. He mostly has, and he's great after the catch, but him hands have been disappointing and he was just never as athletic as some thought. That's what I see in ASJ, I think ASJ lives up to what people thought they'd get from Gresham. Not special, but a solid TE1 for years and years. ASJ has honestly been a bit overhyped the last year or two in my opinion. He's going to disappoint a lot of people at the combine--there's just a perception of him out there that doesn't match what he is, just from hype last yea. So he'll be a good, mid-range TE1 in the future I think, depending on his landing spot. The value of that kind of TE relies entirely on the type of leagues you play in.

If I was going to crown someone as "baby Graham" from this deep TE class, it would be Jace Amaro IF he declares. But even then, it's a poor comparison. He doesn't have that "go-up-and-get-it" ability that Graham does, he's probably going to measure a couple inches shorter, and not as strong or fast or explosive. But again, not many are. Some will say Ebron, but he's too short to realistically draw that comparison. He DOES run routes and move like a WR though, so that part of the comparison is valid.

Both of those guys are great prospects in their own right. So is ASJ. But people are so eager for the next Gronk/Graham that they are constantly trying to find or make comparisons with guys who don't fit--it's understandable, but frustrating.

You almost NEVER see anyone make a real Calvin Johnson comparison with WR prospects. Because most of the time it's ridiculous. That's how rarely you should see a Graham comparison, because he's that special of an athlete and player at his position, such an outlier. With Gronk not too far behind.

I've seen ND's Troy Niklas touted as a Gronk-like prospect, but I haven't watched a ton of him myself yet so I can't personally endorse that opinion. But there's a name for you on that front, if you want to give him a look.

FF_EJuggernaut
Role Player
Role Player

Postby FF_EJuggernaut » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:23 am

ConnSKINS26 wrote:

My ASJ comparison would be Gresham, with better hands.

I've seen ND's Troy Niklas touted as a Gronk-like prospect, but I haven't watched a ton of him myself yet so I can't personally endorse that opinion. But there's a name for you on that front, if you want to give him a look.

Like the Gresham comparison he was a TE I liked coming out of college. ASJ I agree will be in the Mid TE 1 range due to his Red Zone ability.

And thanks on the Troy Niklas don't watch a lot of ND football but will check him out.

P.Manning
J.Graham R.Housler
Cincy DS/T

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:20 pm

I will bang the table for Keenan Allen. I think he will be a stud!
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:30 pm

FF_EJuggernaut wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:

Like the Gresham comparison he was a TE I liked coming out of college. ASJ I agree will be in the Mid TE 1 range due to his Red Zone ability.

And thanks on the Troy Niklas don't watch a lot of ND football but will check him out.
Watch Niklas play every week, long time ND fan, he is no Gronk, he isn't even an Eifert. He is a very good blocker, built like a defensive end and decent hands and athletic ability but I just don't think the offensive upside is there. He still has time to improve, at least another full season at ND, perhaps even 2 depending on a few things.

lifesyourcup
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lifesyourcup » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:56 am

KingsKing wrote:
FF_EJuggernaut wrote:
ConnSKINS26 wrote:

Watch Niklas play every week, long time ND fan, he is no Gronk, he isn't even an Eifert. He is a very good blocker, built like a defensive end and decent hands and athletic ability but I just don't think the offensive upside is there. He still has time to improve, at least another full season at ND, perhaps even 2 depending on a few things.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:20 am

Jordan Matthews is my guy. Extremely underrated but I suspect he'll be ranked as highly as I've got him once the draft process really heats up and once he gets picked.