Mike Evans

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Mike Evans

Postby KingsKing » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:03 pm

He is a very interesting prospect to me. He has good hands and high points the ball very well. He is a huge target at 6'5 and 225 pounds and plays every bit as big.It seems scouts always use the knock against him that is isn't very fast or quick and they need to see what he runs at the combine but for a guy that's supposed to be so slow he makes a lot of long catch and run plays and people don't seem to chase him down from behind. He kinda reminds me of David Boston when he was good. I'm not sure where i sit with him but i'm going to really be keeping an eye on him.

bigboardidp
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Mike Evans

Postby bigboardidp » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:16 pm

He's a beast. I know people love Lee and Watkins but when I watch Evans all I see him do is dominate high-level competition. I mean he blew up against Alabama earlier this year.
DLF staff member. IDP enthusiast. Cubs fan. Griller of meats.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:15 pm

I'm in one devy league and he was my last pick of the first round. Liked him last year, and his play this year has moved him into a 1A/1B situation with Watkins. Guy is just devouring defenses.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:19 pm

He's clearly better then Marquise Lee, hopefully everyone doesn't stick too much to pre-draft rankings in this case. I don't even need the combine to tell me this even though I know Evans is gonna blow it up. Guys who are 6'5 aren't supposed to be as explosive as he is, he can high point the football in the air over anyone, he can beat a jam easily, he runs deep routes or short slants, I've seen him do everything on the football field and he is a game changer, no way I could take somebody who has looked simply "solid" to me over like like Lee has done. I want my top 2-3 picks to be for guys I project to be elite difference makers, Evans was on my radar before the season and got him with good value in a devy start-up, but he's showed me everything I needed to see to put him in the tier with Sammy Watkins and situation could make a difference.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:25 pm

I think the only downside to being on Evans so early is that all we've seen is his stock rise, so grabbing him late first might not be an option anymore.

RYRY3757
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RYRY3757 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Hopefully the Saints draft him to replace Colston.. Essentially the same type of player. I've heard the Evans/ VJAX comparison but I don't think he's that kind of deep threat. Situation will be key for Evans...

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:30 pm

I don't think it will be key, but you can bet he's going to produce a hell of a lot more on the Saints than he would the Jags. I draft for talent over situation, so I'll be taking him everywhere I can regardless. Not many DB's can match up with his size, so even as just a red zone threat on a crappy team he'd be fine.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:30 am

I keep hearing the biggest knock on him is his lack of speed, scouts have said the same things about other big WR's like Floyd until he ran a 4.4 at the combine. Evans looks a bit stiff when he runs but that could just be because of how big he is, it just doesnt look like he is moving very fast. But like i said in the op, he never seems to get caught from behind.

NewtotheBiz
Starter
Starter

Postby NewtotheBiz » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:45 am

KingsKing wrote:I keep hearing the biggest knock on him is his lack of speed, scouts have said the same things about other big WR's like Floyd until he ran a 4.4 at the combine. Evans looks a bit stiff when he runs but that could just be because of how big he is, it just doesnt look like he is moving very fast. But like i said in the op, he never seems to get caught from behind.
Jordan Matthews is another one you hear that about, but all he does is make plays and again, you don't see people catching him from behind.
16-tm, 1-PPR, (SK:TK 3:1.5)
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 3DL 4LB 4DB

QB: Brady, Dalton
RB: Murray, DMart, Bernard, R Mathews, K Dixon
WR: Bryant, OBJ, Evans, Ty Hill, M Jones, Ty Williams, Gabriel, Beasley, Inman, Peake
TE: Eifert, J Thomas, Tye
K: Walsh
DL: Ansah, Wake, C Johnson, M Johnson, Fowler, Ygakoue
LB: D Jones, J Hicks, D Harris, Compton, M Kendricks
DB: Church, Graham, Quin, McDougald

12-tm Devy, .5PPR, (SK:TK 5:1)
1QB 2-3RB 3-5WR 1-2TE 3DL 3LB 3DB

QB: Cam, Stafford, E Manning, Cousins
RB: Bell, McCoy, Martin, Lacy, JStew, J White, J Rodgers
WR: Brown, OBJ, D Bryant, M Thomas, Decker, M Jones, Gabriel, Garcon, T Smith
TE: Reed, Henry, Rudolph
DL: Mack, Donald, Cox, Richardson, M Jackson, Spence
LB: Shazier, T Davis, Barron, Ingram, Barron, Kerrigan
DB: K Coleman, Nelson, Addae

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:05 pm

RYRY3757 wrote:Hopefully the Saints draft him to replace Colston.. Essentially the same type of player. I've heard the Evans/ VJAX comparison but I don't think he's that kind of deep threat. Situation will be key for Evans...
This was going to be my point as well. Colston has never been fast, but he consistently puts up 75/1,100/8 year in year out. Sure having Brees helps but colston can plain ball. Same goes for Evans. We can't expect him to be Megatron just because he's the same size, but still can produce at a high level.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

RYRY3757
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RYRY3757 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:22 pm

NewtotheBiz wrote:
KingsKing wrote:I keep hearing the biggest knock on him is his lack of speed, scouts have said the same things about other big WR's like Floyd until he ran a 4.4 at the combine. Evans looks a bit stiff when he runs but that could just be because of how big he is, it just doesnt look like he is moving very fast. But like i said in the op, he never seems to get caught from behind.
Jordan Matthews is another one you hear that about, but all he does is make plays and again, you don't see people catching him from behind.
I actually like Jordan Matthews a little more. He is constantly getting doubled and still produces. He's not as big but makes up for it in his route running. Constantly catching balls on short routes, not afraid to go over the middle, and he's the nephew of Jerry Rice :)

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:09 pm

This is shaping up to be a pretty decent draft thus far. 4 solid WR prospects makes owning a couple of 1st rounders anywhere in the draft very interesting.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:15 pm

This is my opinion is an absolute loaded draft. I am very excited about a whole bunch of prospects.

WR is Loaded Mike Evans,Sammy Watkins,Marqise Lee,Jordan Mathews,Donte Moncreif,Brandon Coleman,Allen Robinson,Paul Richardson are all great prospects with prototypical size/speed for the position 6'1-6'5, then we have a bunch of undersized guys with big game Jalen Saunders,Josh Huff,Brandin Crooks,Odell Beckham its loaded at the position.

At TE Eric Ebron and ASJ look like potential dominant players.

RB is nice and stacked too with Melvin Gordon,Lache Seastrunk,Bishop Sankey,Ka'deem Carey,James Wilder,Michael Dyer,Isiah Crowell,James White ,Silas Redd.

It's a good year to stockpile draft picks , i except some real impact players out of the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Can't wait.

Butt Liqueur
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Butt Liqueur » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Something I've noticed with Evans and none of the other receivers I've watched thus far, he ONLY lines up on the right side. What is up with that? I mean, I get Manziel is right handed and throws to the right would be easier so you want your playmaker there, but I have not seen him line up on the left a single time in the footage I've seen...

16 Team, PPR
(1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX)
QB: J. Cutler, M. Mariota, M. Cassel, C. Henne, A. McCarron, D. Fales
RB: J. Bell, F. Gore, R. Bush, D. Williams, R. Helu, L. Dunbar, J. Allen, K. Williams, C. Artis-Payne
WR: J. Jones (ATL), J. Nelson, A. Hawkins, C. Johnson (MIN), A. Robinson, R. Randle, K. Thompkins, B. Ellington, H. Douglas, D. Harris, M. Campanaro, J. Hardy, J. Saunders, D. Moore, I. Blakeney, T. Lippett
TE: C. Clay, A. Quarless, A. Sefarian-Jenkins, J. Cumberland, W. Saxton

Draft Picks: 2016 2 3rds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

That's one of the reasons I have him so low in my rankings. He can't turn right. See Zoolander.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry