Michael Dyer

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Michael Dyer

Postby pack4ever22 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:08 pm

So is this kid still a thing? Looked pretty good against FSU tonight.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:42 pm

pack4ever22 wrote:So is this kid still a thing? Looked pretty good against FSU tonight.
He'll make an NFL team but will drop in the draft due to age and short shelf life.

But honestly NFL RB's don't last long to begin with. No one drafts a RB and dreams of the day they hand them their second contract. So who knows. But he's pretty talented, if old.

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:18 am

ConnSKINS26 wrote:
pack4ever22 wrote:So is this kid still a thing? Looked pretty good against FSU tonight.
He'll make an NFL team but will drop in the draft due to age and short shelf life.

But honestly NFL RB's don't last long to begin with. No one drafts a RB and dreams of the day they hand them their second contract. So who knows. But he's pretty talented, if old.
Exactly, talented but old. Like really old. I think he's 3 months younger than Doug Martin if I remember correctly, which isn't good for a rookie.

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:03 am

He will turn 25 mid-way through his rookie season. About one year younger than Doug Martin, who I considered to be old at the time for a rookie.

Glad to know that I'm not the only person that pays attention to rookie RB ages. It doesn't seem to get talked about very much.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:18 pm

I pay attention to it mainly because of the competition factor--I remember exactly what kind of athlete I was in my "prime" of 23-24 compared even to my late high school/early college years. I felt like a better athlete playing intramural sports in college than I did doing school sports years round in high school. It's just how it goes, we keep growing, becoming more and more coordinated, etc. right into our prime years.

Dyer is a grown man playing against college kids right now.

The upside is, he looked completely dominant at Auburn 2-3 years ago as well, so it's not a mirage. It's just a red flag to take into consideration.

Mike_Blahnik
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Mike_Blahnik » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:10 am

I think he's roughly 10 months younger than Mark Ingram.

RB age is just a data point, but smart to pay attention to as he should look pretty awesome running over and around guys 20-25% younger than him.

Literally a man amongst boys, as others have said.

EDIT: It is worth mentioning he looked awesome a few years ago the last time he got consistent carries. I think he can play in the NFL. Like most RB his dynasty value will hinge on where he goes/opportunity.
League of Economical Gentlemen
12 Team 2QB .5ppr with return yardage
QB/QB/RB/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex

For the Gipper
Newton/Tannehill/G. Smith/Henne/Fitzpatrick
Bernard/Ivory/Hunter/Carey/
Patterson/Floyd/Blackmon/Shorts/T Williams/Adams
Gronkowski/ASJ/Gresham