Johnathan Franklin

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Johnathan Franklin

Postby Krang » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:48 am

farmerj3 wrote:I hate this .. Same thing is going to happen to me this year as last year with Martin. I planned on drafting Martin way early in the draftprocess and by draft day he's the most talked about rb and the guy before me grabs him! I've had Franklin my #1 rb for sometime ( between him and benard)
Haha, I feel your pain. I too have had my share of "sleepers" over the years that had me thinking I'd get the drop on everyone, only to have the NFL buzz basically negate all the research I'd done and make the guys household names.

Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cy23 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:57 am

Krang wrote:
farmerj3 wrote:I hate this .. Same thing is going to happen to me this year as last year with Martin. I planned on drafting Martin way early in the draftprocess and by draft day he's the most talked about rb and the guy before me grabs him! I've had Franklin my #1 rb for sometime ( between him and benard)
Haha, I feel your pain. I too have had my share of "sleepers" over the years that had me thinking I'd get the drop on everyone, only to have the NFL buzz basically negate all the research I'd done and make the guys household names.

I'm just really hoping that our draft, which starts the Wednesday after the NFL draft, doesn't give enough time for analysis and mocks to teach my leaguemates.

mtux96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mtux96 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Cy23 wrote:
Krang wrote:

I'm just really hoping that our draft, which starts the Wednesday after the NFL draft, doesn't give enough time for analysis and mocks to teach my leaguemates.
Unfortunately, my league doesn't do the rookie draft until July. I might just need to move up a couple of slots.

Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cy23 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:11 am

Yeah. I am trying to figure out if the 1.04 and 1.08 is the ideal spot or if I should trade one up to 1.02.

At 1.04 I will have either Austin or Lacy, Bernard franklin, so it is not a bad spot. But at eight I will probably end up with BPA being a WR, so there is a chance I go wr-wr. Trying to figure out if that is bad, I already have stud wr but I would rather take a WR who produces than a RB who does not.

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:49 am

always go best player available, regardless position. and i'm not sure there won't be a rb stud available at 8.

all the buzz is on wide receiver this year, but i see several rb's who could make an impact. i can't be the only who realizes Montee Ball deserves to be in the rb conversation. that gives 4 excellent rbs imo with bernard, lacy, franklin and ball. add the wr's austin, patterson, hunter and hopkins. eifert should be there and he has long term beast potential at the te position. what if a 2nd tier player like christine michael get's drafted by the bronco's? or bengals? they'll be movin' on up.

8 isn't such a bad place to be.

Henzo
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Henzo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:03 am

Per Rotoworld:

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports a "number of teams" now have UCLA's Johnathan Franklin graded ahead of Alabama's Eddie Lacy as the No. 1 running back in the draft.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora wrote late in the week that he anticipates Franklin being the first running back drafted, and it wouldn't be shocking. Per Pauline, Franklin is drawing comparisons to Frank Gore (one we've heard before) and Doug Martin among NFL evaluators. A true three-down back with pass-blocking skills and impressive inside-running burst, Franklin has a chance to be a late first-round pick. The Broncos could give him a long look at No. 28.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter Apr 21 - 12:53 PM

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:43 am

The hype train is out of control now which I'm disappointed about. I was hoping Franklin would be a mid to late 1st round pick, now he's likely going top 4.

buck6380
Starter
Starter

Postby buck6380 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 pm

I agree here, I think he will be gone by 1.4 too. I am starting to wonder if I will have to take him at 1.1, anyone else thinking along those lines?
12 team, dynasty non ppr SC/ Contract league 275 cap, 50 contract yrs
QB's Bortles $7/4, Palmer $16/1
RB's Miller $21/2, Matt Jones $1/2, Howard $3/2,Sims $6/2
WR's Julio. Jones 38/1,Allen Robinson $21/5,Cooper $17/5, Moncrief $9/3, Shepard $15/4
TE's Kelce $8/3, Tamme $1/1
K Boswell
D
IDP Kuechly $1/1, L.David $6/2, T. Smith $1/2
Taxi-K Dixon $9/3, Dewayne Washigton $10, J. Williams

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Perhaps. Especially in a somewhat scarce market for STARTING rookie runners (given he lands on a team where he will start immediately).
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Henzo wrote:Per Rotoworld:

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline reports a "number of teams" now have UCLA's Johnathan Franklin graded ahead of Alabama's Eddie Lacy as the No. 1 running back in the draft.
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora wrote late in the week that he anticipates Franklin being the first running back drafted, and it wouldn't be shocking. Per Pauline, Franklin is drawing comparisons to Frank Gore (one we've heard before) and Doug Martin among NFL evaluators. A true three-down back with pass-blocking skills and impressive inside-running burst, Franklin has a chance to be a late first-round pick. The Broncos could give him a long look at No. 28.
i would LOVE it if my Broncos can get this guy at 28....I have 1.2+1.3 in 1 of my leagues and would happily take him if he goes to broncos
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:19 pm

I've had him and Gio in front of Lacy for awhile now and at least didn't see the certainty of Lacy being the 1.1 pick like most people perceive. Franklin is definately a top 4 pick IMO.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

mtux96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mtux96 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 am

Biggcmo wrote:
Henzo wrote:Per Rotoworld:

i would LOVE it if my Broncos can get this guy at 28....I have 1.2+1.3 in 1 of my leagues and would happily take him if he goes to broncos
That's if the Broncos draft him and 1.01 does not take him. But I think where he lands along with others will ultimately change this. But I do remember some people were worried about Doug Martin going to TB last year as well when they have Blount.

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:21 pm

if he lands with the bronco's then you have amazing talent with great opportunity. i know morena came on at the end of last year, but he's no franklin. imo franklin is special. i have had him in my top 5 for a while now, and if denver gets him he is immediately worthy of the no.1 selection. if not already.

hotrod
Role Player
Role Player

Postby hotrod » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 pm

Would love to see him in Cinci. They've got a shot to put together a really potent offense this year.
Team 1
12tm, roster=20, Start QRRWWTFKD
noppr, 1pt per 10 pass yds, 1pt per 5 rush/rec yds, All tds 6pts, milestone bonuses

QB: Murray, Minshew, Foles
RB: Coleman, Chubb, Dobbins, Henderson, Harris, Hunt, Michel
WR: Evans, Hopkins, ARob, C Samuel
TE: J Smith, Tonyan, Jarwin
DST: Seahawks, Packers
2020: 1.08, 2.08, 3.08

Team 2
12 tm superflex, roster=25, start 1-2 qb, 1-5 rb, 1-5 wr, 1-2 te, d
standard scoring, .5ppr, all tds=6pts
QB: Foles, Glennon, McCoy, Minshew, Prescott, Wentz
RB: Bell, Malcolm Brown, Cook, Duke Johnson, Kamara, Josh Kelly, Perine, Sanders
WR: Corey Davis, Evans, Fuller, Ridley, Arob, M Thomas, P Williams
TE: Hooper, Waller
DST: Ravens, Vikings
2021: 3.11
2022: 2nd, 3rd

pack4ever22
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pack4ever22 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

So much for potentially being the 1st back taken. Gio, Bell, Ball, Lacy, and Michael are all already gone.