Johnathan Franklin

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
anakin
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Johnathan Franklin

Postby anakin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

henry1jg wrote:
dlf_andym wrote:
DRS540 wrote:I really like this kid. I'm impressed with his vision and ability to follow his blockers consistently. Plus his pass catching has improved in his senior year. He is my #3 RB right now but with an impressive showing at the combine he could land as my #2. If he adds a little weight and gets drafted into a great situation he could be my #1. Crazy talk, I know.
He is my #3 RB as well and I have gotten serious heat on twitter about it.
Well Andy, I'm glad you go by what you think, not what others believe you should think.
I watched five games and I see a good back. I'd rather trust my own eyes and be wrong than worry about someone else's thoughts.
Follow me on twitter @AndrewMiley

anakin
All Pro
All Pro

Postby anakin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

DRS540 wrote:
dlf_andym wrote:
DRS540 wrote:I really like this kid. I'm impressed with his vision and ability to follow his blockers consistently. Plus his pass catching has improved in his senior year. He is my #3 RB right now but with an impressive showing at the combine he could land as my #2. If he adds a little weight and gets drafted into a great situation he could be my #1. Crazy talk, I know.
He is my #3 RB as well and I have gotten serious heat on twitter about it.
That's surprising. I think there is a lot to like about Franklin. Who does the majority see as the consensus #3 RB? Honestly, I hope he stays undervalued. Then I can get him on the cheap. But I'll take him at 1.05 if everything falls right for him.
I think you could get him later than that.
Follow me on twitter @AndrewMiley

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:32 pm

henry1jg wrote:
dlf_andym wrote:He is my #3 RB as well and I have gotten serious heat on twitter about it.
Well Andy, I'm glad you go by what you think, not what others believe you should think.
Three cheers for that too. :clap:

bob2005
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby bob2005 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:32 am

I like Johnathan Franklin's game, but does anybody think that his lower legs seem slender and underdeveloped, compared to his upper body. His lower legs look smaller than those of other smaller backs like Warrick Dunn, Darren Sproles or Jacquizz Rodgers. I suppose they're comparable to LeSean McCoy's, so maybe I shouldn't be that concerned about it.

Hjorimir
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Hjorimir » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:39 pm

http://dailybruin.com/images/50823_webs ... kpicao.jpg
Maybe not thick like Lacy's, but I think they look pretty cut.
The Great Old Ones
10-team PPR (1-QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-D/ST, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Tua, Mac, Mills (bleh)
RB: Gordon, Drake, Perine, RoJo II, Dillon, Coleman, Sermon, Ingram, Mitchell, Barber, JJ, Bolden
WR: Kupp, DJM, Chase, Jeudy, AJG, OBJ, Shepard, Mecole, Parris, Osborn
TE: Knox, Engram,
D/ST: NE
K: Zuerlein

The Blues Brothers
10-team PPR (1-QB, 1-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 2-RB/WR/TE, 3-IDP, 1-K)
QB: Dak, Herbert, Hurts, Bridgewater, Winston, Wentz, Heinicke
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Moss/Singletary, McKinnon, Gio, Rhamondre, Evans, Roundtree
WR: Kupp, Adams, Nuk, Evans, Ruggs III, Sammy, Guyton, Palmer
TE: Logan, Henry, Engram, Cook, Tremble
IDP: Demario, Bush, Mosley, Jewell, Poyer, Derwin, Vander Esch

Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cy23 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:23 am

dlf_andym wrote:
DRS540 wrote:

That's surprising. I think there is a lot to like about Franklin. Who does the majority see as the consensus #3 RB? Honestly, I hope he stays undervalued. Then I can get him on the cheap. But I'll take him at 1.05 if everything falls right for him.
I think you could get him later than that.

Depends on where he is drafted in the NFL and how RB crazy your owners are.

The guy at 1.06 in my league said he would be drafting one of Lacy, Bernard, Franklin, Ball and Michaels. No matter what.

shady23
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby shady23 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:20 pm

I don't think there's a guy in this draft more underrated. A complete back who put together a combine that only seemed to confirm everything already seen on film. I like this kid a lot. A good team is going to take him in the mid-to-late 2nd (i.e. Pittsburgh) because they recognize that he's just a good football player.

I see his ceiling as a high-end RB2, but in this draft, that's really good.

Cy23
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cy23 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:52 am

Sitting at 1.04, I really like Franklin if I can't make up my mind about any of the WR.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:26 am

His stock seems to be soaring right now. Now I'm beginning to think he wont be a mid to late 1st option for me. I've heard people say they would take him at 1.01. Now, I'm a big fan, had him at #5 in my pre-combine rankings, and he'll be at least as high in my pre-draft rankings, but I do not see him as an option at 1.01. At least not for the league I have 1.01 in anyway.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:48 pm

henry1jg wrote:His stock seems to be soaring right now. Now I'm beginning to think he wont be a mid to late 1st option for me. I've heard people say they would take him at 1.01. Now, I'm a big fan, had him at #5 in my pre-combine rankings, and he'll be at least as high in my pre-draft rankings, but I do not see him as an option at 1.01. At least not for the league I have 1.01 in anyway.
He seems like the Doug Martin guy who is going to fly up the draft boards this year. We'll see soon when the draft hits.

mtux96
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby mtux96 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
henry1jg wrote:His stock seems to be soaring right now. Now I'm beginning to think he wont be a mid to late 1st option for me. I've heard people say they would take him at 1.01. Now, I'm a big fan, had him at #5 in my pre-combine rankings, and he'll be at least as high in my pre-draft rankings, but I do not see him as an option at 1.01. At least not for the league I have 1.01 in anyway.
He seems like the Doug Martin guy who is going to fly up the draft boards this year. We'll see soon when the draft hits.
I have a sneaky suspicion that he might as well. But I'm hoping a team that has an older back that will be gone in a year or two though. I'm targeting him myself, but where I sit as a draft pick, it wouldn't matter too much as I'd still have a good amount of talent to choose from and do have some ammo to move up a little bit as well. Unfortunately, I think all the teams ahead of me need help with RBs, whereas I could go RB or WR at my slot.

dco002
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dco002 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:40 am

He'll be 24 in October. Ill admit that disappoints me at least somewhat. It moves him back a spot or two for me, however naive that may sound.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 am

His rise continues

CBS' Jason La Canfora expects UCLA RB Johnathan Franklin to be the first running back drafted.
Eddie Lacy's mediocre pre-draft workout and sluggish 40-yard dash times have his stock slipping. Franklin was extremely productive at UCLA, ripping off 1,734 rushing yards on 282 carries (6.14 YPC) with 13 touchdowns and adding 33 catches for 323 yards with two more scores. At 5'10/205, he was clocked at 4.49 at the Combine. La Canfora says the Jets and Steelers are among the teams looking at Franklin.

henry1jg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby henry1jg » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Lumps wrote:His rise continues

CBS' Jason La Canfora expects UCLA RB Johnathan Franklin to be the first running back drafted.
Eddie Lacy's mediocre pre-draft workout and sluggish 40-yard dash times have his stock slipping. Franklin was extremely productive at UCLA, ripping off 1,734 rushing yards on 282 carries (6.14 YPC) with 13 touchdowns and adding 33 catches for 323 yards with two more scores. At 5'10/205, he was clocked at 4.49 at the Combine. La Canfora says the Jets and Steelers are among the teams looking at Franklin.
Yeah. He is drawing a TON of buzz in a few of my leagues. I'm very excited to see where he goes.
Barrow Snowmen- 14 team - 0.5 PPR, IDP - Yr 19
Jacksonville Jaguars - 32 team - Real GM - Yr 13
Barrow Snowmen #2 - 14 team - SF, PPR - Yr 2
Jimmy Graham Cracker wrote:Don't let your recency bias affect your judgment.

farmerj3
Captain
Captain

Postby farmerj3 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:28 pm

I hate this .. Same thing is going to happen to me this year as last year with Martin. I planned on drafting Martin way early in the draftprocess and by draft day he's the most talked about rb and the guy before me grabs him! I've had Franklin my #1 rb for sometime ( between him and benard)