Pre-Combine TE Board

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Pre-Combine TE Board

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:28 am

Hi all,
Sharing my pre-combine TE rankings for productive feedback and discussion.

1. OJ Howard - Still expect a 2 year learning curve for him, but has the talent to be dynasty TE1 down the road. Ends a tier for me.
2. Evan Engram - Seeing his size confirmed at the Senior Bowl was re-assuring to TE position designation. Decent blocker for size but not a game changer there right now better as a flexed out big slot receiver and working middle of the field short to deep. If team drafts him as a WR could eventually offer a post-Achilles/modern-day Demaryius Thomas presence (h/t Cherokee)
3. David Njoku - Long athletic competitive smooth natural...words that come to mind studying him. Still growing into his paws and has upside that warrants a higher ranking than this. For dynasty rookie drafts I'm assuming a 2-3 year gestation period which will keep his value simmering in this territory. Long term upside is worth the gamble in this range.
4. Bucky Hodges - Not the most consistent hands and doesn't play as physical as his size. Good upside, basically assume a big slot WR function in the NFL.
5. Jake Butt - More of an all-around TE, but sneaky athletic and dependable good red zone target. QBs best friend type of TE
6. Jordan Leggett - Good receiver, crafty/athletic to work the MOF and consistent enough to develop rapport with his QB. Can get sneaky deep at Clemson after lulling defense to sleep with short/stop routes. Similar role in NFL is projectable
7. Gerald Everett - Ranked a little on faith, I don't understand what is playing weight is going to be. Reportedly 240s in season weighed 220s at senior bowl. Tiny hands, could wind up more a mycole pruitt type rendering fantasy value unpredictable until after NFL draft
8. Jeremy Sprinkle - Workman TE that can threaten down the middle of the field in a sort of Clive Walford way, just big with momentum. Hands appear solid
9. Michael Roberts - Not sudden, but big RZ threat. Should score TDs.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Pre-Combine TE Board

Postby Cherokee » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:53 am

1. Howard
2. Engram
3. Njoku
4. Butt
5. Everett
6. Leggett
7. Jonnu Smith
8. Hodges
9. Roberts
10. Pharoah Brown
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

Cherokee wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:53 am 1. Howard
2. Engram
3. Njoku
4. Butt
5. Everett
6. Leggett
7. Jonnu Smith
8. Hodges
9. Roberts
10. Pharoah Brown
Nice. Didn't see enough of Smith to rank him. Do I correctly recall Pharoah Brown getting his leg snapped a few years back? If so, I'm glad to see he's on the mend, but I haven't studied him for this draft. I remember thinking he was an interesting profile during casual football watching before the injury...probably as a Sophomore or RS Freshman, I'm guessing.

Not a fan of Sprinkle, eh? I think he could be a late round target for my Packers, assuming they don't go TE early. I saw enough integrated skill on tape to at least put him on the board! What's the knockout factor for you?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:39 pm

I think Sprinkle is that guy that could play in the two TE set but be a blocker most of the time. I like him just fine but the others in this class are just that much more intriguing for me. You hit with the Walford comp. Too many coulds and shoulds but we havent seen it. Riviera might be better.
Yeah Brown's injury was really bad but things are looking up. Huge upside for me but still a later guy.
Smith is Charles Clay. 550 yards 4 TDs. A fine TD. After Leggett on my list Im not really interested with the exception of Brown and who and how things shake out.
I really liked Hodges for a while but I m having a hard time believing the NFL changes and every team goes with a WR/TE player that cant block. We'll see
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll