2017 draft class still solid after recent returns?

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
agentpaco
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

2017 draft class still solid after recent returns?

Postby agentpaco » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:55 am

Off the top of my head, it looks like the following have said their not entering the 2017 draft as we previously thought:
- Royce Freeman
- Nick Chubb
- Sony Michell
- James Washington
- Allen Lazard
- Baker Mayfield

Also sounds like there are some addt'l folks after the bowl games that will officially announce their decisions.

Anyone feel that the 2017 draft class isn't as good as initially thought? Or does everyone still think there is enough depth to make it better than most years?

People Mover
Role Player
Role Player

Re: 2017 draft class still solid after recent returns?

Postby People Mover » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 am

I own 8 first round picks.

1.01, 1.03, 1.05, 1.07,1.08,1.09,1.10, and 1.11.

Losing those players won't change anything for me. For those hoping top talent falls to you later in the draft, I could see why you might panic.

For me, the class will be just fine.
1 team PPR league
Winner take all. $500 buy in.
I own 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01, 5.01 (plan to trade those picks for JMatt)

QB: JMatt
RB: JMatt, JMatt, JMatt
WR: JMatt-left side, JMatt-right side, JMatt-slot, JMatt-Vanderbilt, JMatt-sideline, JRice (just in case)
TE: JMatt, JMatt
K: JMatt

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:01 am

I think the class is still ok, and it should still be a better overall class than 2016. I agree that the hype has been a bit over the top since the summer for this class, so hopefully these returns temper people's expectations a bit, although I have a feeling the 2017 hype train has already left station and is going full speed ahead already (while the 2018 hype will only keep growing with the news of these returns plus Barkley, Guice, Kirk, St Brown etc all being eligible). But even in the later rounds of 2017 I think there will be solid talent to pick up.

Of those players we know for sure will enter the draft, guys like Isaiah Ford, Jamaal Williams, Jake Butt, Kareem Hunt, Samaje Perine, Zay Jones, Deshaun Watson and Deshon Kizer (unless 2QB/superflex), Artavis Scott will all still be available in rounds 2-3. Now if you somehow have multiple 4ths and 5ths, then yeah, you're already trying to make magic happen with those odds lol.
#FreeCoreyDavis

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:39 pm

agentpaco wrote:Off the top of my head, it looks like the following have said their not entering the 2017 draft as we previously thought:
- Royce Freeman
- Nick Chubb
- Sony Michell
- James Washington
- Allen Lazard
- Baker Mayfield

Also sounds like there are some addt'l folks after the bowl games that will officially announce their decisions.

Anyone feel that the 2017 draft class isn't as good as initially thought? Or does everyone still think there is enough depth to make it better than most years?
Washington hasn't come out and confirmed that he won't be entering the draft. His decision will probably be dependent on whether Rudolph enters or not.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:42 pm

Despite all these losses, the senior class this year is actually a very strong crop that keeps depth throughout. Really hope John Ross, Sutton, and Smith-Schuster come out too or the 2nd round talent will become very shallow
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

agentpaco
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby agentpaco » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:35 am

I've got 2 picks in the 1.1-1.3 range, plus 1.5, and then 2 more picks in the 1.6-1.8 range, so i'm heavily invested in this draft. so far it sounds like no one is overly concerned that the 2017 class has weakened all that much.

bobbytheo3
Starter
Starter

Postby bobbytheo3 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Losing Chubb Freeman and Michel hurts this draft class IMO. However, I still think it's a strong class. There are 4 RB's who are expected to go in the top 50 or so NFL picks (Fournette, Cook, McCaffrey, Foreman). There are 4 WR's with a very good chance to be 1st round picks (Williams, Davis, Schuster, Ross). QB is weak IMO, but it's also an absolutely insane Tight End class with Howard, Njoku, Engram, Butt, Hodges. Overall a strong class but not quite as good as I expected a year ago.
___________________ is without a doubt the Fantasy Football guru of Philadelphia.

Shaft4783
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shaft4783 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am

With Mixon, Juju, and Samuel declaring recently, I'm not as worried. I'd still love to see Dupre and Sutton declare.

Fournette, Cook, Davis, Williams, McCaffrey, Juju, Ross, Foreman, Mixon, Westbrook, Kamara, Gallman, Perine, Howard, Engram, Hodges, Samuel, Cannon, Ford, Mcnichols, Hill, Conner, Hood, Kupp, Clement, Scott....

Tons of solid players for this season of rookie drafting. I didn't even get to everyone. If Sutton and Dupre declare it'll be even better.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:56 am

Shaft4783 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am With Mixon, Juju, and Samuel declaring recently, I'm not as worried. I'd still love to see Dupre and Sutton declare.
Agreed, and I'm more excited about guys like Samuel, Dupre and Sutton as later round value picks in 2017 dynasty rookie drafts.

JuJu-Smith Schuster would be a fantastic value pick in the 2nd round of rookie drafts but methinks he'll be over drafted in the late 1st round. Mixon has had so many off field issues that I'm avoiding him if possible.