The Dynamic Receiver Prospect Nobody is Talking About

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

The Dynamic Receiver Prospect Nobody is Talking About

Postby alewilliam789 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Despite the ridiculous numbers that were produced by the Tulsa system and Keyarris Garrett last year, Josh Atkinson is a dynamic talent in his own respect that brings plenty of skills to the table to make himself a standout talent among a deep draft.

Josh Atkinson
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 208 lbs

Highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ZC6CO-3y8

Scouting Report:
This is the guy I'm really excited about. Yes the Tulsa system only has their WR run only a few routes, but lordy does he make each of them look good. The greatest attributes that Atkinson possesses is a dynamic ability to go up amongst anybody, high point the ball, and bring it down to make some fantastic highlight level plays. Along with his high pointing ability he has excellent hands that are probably going to measure out in the top percentile of WRs at the combine. He easily uses his large catch radius, vertical, and soft hands to snatch passes thrown away from his body consistently. Despite running a limited route tree, he uses head fakes and has great technique with his hands. Not the fastest, but is a long strider than can get behind a defense. Has the measureables at 6'1"/6'2", 208 lbs, and large catch radius to become a standout WR at the next level.

Comparison:
Michael Thomas NO Saints
Like Michael Thomas at OSU, Atkinson runs a limited route tree at Tulsa, but is great at the select routes he does run. They are similarly built physically at around 6'1"/6'2" 208-210, but despite being only 1 inch shorter than Thomas, Atkinson has shown that he can be dynamic at the catch point and plays bigger than his 6'1" frame would suggest. Lastly both had very good hands. Unfortunately I don't have the data on how many drops Atkinson had in 2016 or 2015, but to show how great his hands are we can look at his ridiculous catch rate % of 70% in 2015 compared to Michael Thomas' 66.7% to show just how good this guys hands are. All in all they have very comparable physiques, games, and play styles.

Just wanted to point out a standout senior that nobody was discussing and I know, I know I shouldn't talk about my sleepers, but considering he's probably going to measure out solid at the combine/pro-day size/athleticism-wise people will catch on sooner or later.

Right now I have him as a late second round pick, but with a good senior bowl/shrine game (don't know if he's invited to the Senior Bowl) and standout combine he could end up as a mid- 2nd round pick.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: The Dynamic Receiver Prospect Nobody is Talking About

Postby DynoScout » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Nice post, I'll check him out.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:54 pm

I can see a little bit here. The real guy I want to see from Tulsa is Keevan Lucas. Better than Atkinson and Garrett combined IMO but cant get back on the field.
My draft sleeper
Jerome Lane
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Worst Nightmare
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Worst Nightmare » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:41 am

I like Lucas as well. If he didn't get that injury last year he would be on a lot more people'radar