Official Evan Engram Thread

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Official Evan Engram Thread

Postby DynoScout » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:11 am

Post your thoughts and discussion about Evan Engram here.

One interesting question about Evan Engram, if he is listed by the NFL as a WR instead of a TE how far up your board does he go?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Official Evan Engram Thread

Postby Cherokee » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:49 am

I will ride shotgun with you on this bus.
If WR, sky is the limit
Dont get me wrong, he is tough as nails when it comes to blocking but at 230ish may have some issues if drafted as move TE. I think he will be there in the 2nd round of most rookie drafts due to RB hype and then true WR prospects. He is a fantastic football player and I have no problem moving him to 2017 WR3-4 ish behind Mike Williams, Corey Davis. As aTE, probably falls TE 3 behind Bucky Hodges and O.J. Howard and right in the Jake Butt range for me. He is fast, great hands, a tough player in traffic an extremely explosive off the line for a huge guy. He wins similar to DT in the short intermediate game.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:46 am

Good stuff, Cherokee. I think we're pretty close in how we evaluate Engram and how we would value him in dynasty if he were categorized as a WR. Tentatively, maybe WR4 or WR5. That would put him on the late 1st-early 2nd radar, and ahead of all the TE on my board.

If he's a TE, I see him losing some dynasty value relative to the rest of the rookie class. It's a less valuable position and I see it as a somewhat riskier long-term bet. How will his team use him? Will they ask him to bulk up and play in-line? Will he basically be the designated slot receiver? How often will he be targeted? Is that a full-time role in the offense or does he become a special package player?
This is the hardest part about this for me...if he's a WR I want him around WR4/WR5, and I'm pretty excited about it.
If he's a TE I have him around TE2/TE3 and I'm kind of fading him. Enough to knock him down to the late 2nd range, at least for right now.

Evan Engram is one of the players I will be monitoring very closely this season to see how he develops and if his usage changes at all post-Treadwell.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Cherokee wrote:I will ride shotgun with you on this bus.
If WR, sky is the limit
Dont get me wrong, he is tough as nails when it comes to blocking but at 230ish may have some issues if drafted as move TE. I think he will be there in the 2nd round of most rookie drafts due to RB hype and then true WR prospects. He is a fantastic football player and I have no problem moving him to 2017 WR3-4 ish behind Mike Williams, Corey Davis. As aTE, probably falls TE 3 behind Bucky Hodges and O.J. Howard and right in the Jake Butt range for me. He is fast, great hands, a tough player in traffic an extremely explosive off the line for a huge guy. He wins similar to DT in the short intermediate game.
Good thoughts. Engram is a solid player. More athletic than given credit I think. He has the ability to play WR, I hope Ole Miss lets him do it this year to show his talents.
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:16 pm

Litesout13 wrote:
Cherokee wrote:I will ride shotgun with you on this bus.
If WR, sky is the limit
Good thoughts. Engram is a solid player. More athletic than given credit I think. He has the ability to play WR, I hope Ole Miss lets him do it this year to show his talents.
Yeah, man. I've been thinking all day about the Engram-DT comp Cherokee dropped. Good stuff.