Official Dalvin Cook thread

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Official Dalvin Cook thread

Postby the_lung » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:56 am

Worst Nightmare wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 am I have the #1 pick in one league and am looking to take advantage of the Fournett bias and trade with the 1.2 owner. Getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder and getting the better RB is the plan.

Cook Imogen s just more explosive than Fournett and has proven his explosiveness versus elite teams. He is a true home run hitter. He is the top player and my sure fire 1.1
I think that this is a great strategy. While I don't think you can go "wrong" per se with either RB, there is a clear perception that Fournette is the heads and tails consensus #1 pick when I'm actually of be opposite mindset. Even articles like the recent "Betting the House on 2017" did absolutely nothing to sway me in this regard. I know it's going to be a long offseason and there's plenty of time for folks to have opinions swayed, but it's going to take a lot to budge mine. And in the meantime, if you can pry extra value out of the Fournette bias, then nice work! :thumbup:

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:11 am

Worst Nightmare wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:31 am I have the #1 pick in one league and am looking to take advantage of the Fournett bias and trade with the 1.2 owner. Getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder and getting the better RB is the plan.

Cook Imogen s just more explosive than Fournett and has proven his explosiveness versus elite teams. He is a true home run hitter. He is the top player and my sure fire 1.1
I thought about this as well until I was told the 1.2 owner prefers Cook. Unfortunately, I don't want the chance to miss out on Cook if I decide on him. Im so torn. I started the season as the biggest Fournette fan. I now am right down the middle.

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:05 am

With the 1.01, I flip flop on Fournette and Cook daily. Good problem to have. I also have the 1.03 so I get to snatch up the top receiver as well. Going to be a fun offseason.
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:11 pm

I'm certainly not complaining, but I should be able to get a decent prospect at 1.4. Would be nice to have my pick of wr though.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:30 am

Just traded for the 1.02. I really hope to get Cook there. If Cook goes first, and Fournette is on the Browns, Jets, or Niners, I'll take Mike Williams unless I can trade down :/
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

jimmychoi
Starter
Starter

Postby jimmychoi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:29 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:30 am Just traded for the 1.02. I really hope to get Cook there. If Cook goes first, and Fournette is on the Browns, Jets, or Niners, I'll take Mike Williams unless I can trade down :/
I think that's a solid strategy. I'm still waiting on that analytical article, but I move more towards Cook everyday.