Let's Talk About the German Elephant in the Room!

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Let's Talk About the German Elephant in the Room!

Postby jaykay22 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:05 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves the off-season/pre-draft time for the silliness and unpredictability of things. Moritz Boehringer, the 22 year old German WR hailing from the GFL has been a pretty interesting story to follow this past week since reports about him came out.

What do you guys think of him? Do you see his hype train being able to carry him into getting drafted late a la Jeff Janis 2 offseasons ago? If so, do you see a receiver with a future in the NFL, or merely a guy who will go down the Jarred Hayne route and fizzle out?

I've read reports of his prospects now being all over the place, some say undrafted, some say day 3 flier, some even put him as high as a late 3rd round pick, which would be incredible and difficult. The Jeff Janis similarities are definitely there, although the level of football he was used to is not at all comparable to Div I, (and possibly Div II), let alone NFL.

His profile is definitely very intriguing, though:

22 year old WR who's been playing football only 3-4 years
6'4
PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.43 seconds
Vertical: 39 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 11 inches
20-yard Short shuttle: 4.10 seconds
3-cone: 6.65 seconds
Bench: 17 reps of 225 pounds

Any thoughts? If he does end up on a team, where do you see him going?
#FreeCoreyDavis

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Let's Talk About the German Elephant in the Room!

Postby Cherokee » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:54 am

No
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:33 pm

I think someone takes a flier on him late. Guessing he goes more the way of Hayne, though the odds in my favor there so not much of a proclamation.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:56 pm

His athletic profile definitely makes him worth a look. I plan on taking him in my deeper leagues as a flier.

dawgs4life
Captain
Captain

Postby dawgs4life » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Another big athletic WR.....but can he play the game. It's all a nice story but .....
I only play in 16x53 with 10+ taxi size leagues with full IDP. All are PPR and most value return yardage. So my opinions may be skewed To these deep roster leagues.

Dynasty Fantasy is not a game, it’s a full time hobby.