2010 Movers and Shakers.

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

2010 Movers and Shakers.

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 am

I thought this would be informative to hear if anyone had any thoughts on this.
While I understand that with the whole rookie money thing especially as it pertains to the top 12 or 13 picks, does anyone think there are any "smart moves" out there based on team needs.

Im curious to know if any team would sacrifice some picks to land a guy.Perhaps Cleveland moving up a couple spots..I hear they got a bunch. How about Stl moving down since they could benefit from multiple picks.

Im a Steelers Fan and wouldnt mind seeing them move up to get a big time guy. the last 2 yrs they have done it, it has worked out with Santonio and Troy. Im personally thinking Big time Offensive lineman Finally!

Last unconceivable thought..could Al Davis actually save a lil money and move down to get good talent,anohter pick and keep some money in his pocket.NOT!

I find the NFL draft to be awesome weekend. The number of mocks to read keeps you in busy in the weeks ..or for me..lol. the months leading up to the draft.
If I can only find a steady mockdraft contest at some site. Every year it seems that I have to find a new site.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Re: 2010 Movers and Shakers.

Postby BradyT » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:49 am

Salty Dawg wrote:I thought this would be informative to hear if anyone had any thoughts on this.
While I understand that with the whole rookie money thing especially as it pertains to the top 12 or 13 picks, does anyone think there are any "smart moves" out there based on team needs.

Im curious to know if any team would sacrifice some picks to land a guy.Perhaps Cleveland moving up a couple spots..I hear they got a bunch. How about Stl moving down since they could benefit from multiple picks.

Im a Steelers Fan and wouldnt mind seeing them move up to get a big time guy. the last 2 yrs they have done it, it has worked out with Santonio and Troy. Im personally thinking Big time Offensive lineman Finally!

Last unconceivable thought..could Al Davis actually save a lil money and move down to get good talent,anohter pick and keep some money in his pocket.NOT!

I find the NFL draft to be awesome weekend. The number of mocks to read keeps you in busy in the weeks ..or for me..lol. the months leading up to the draft.
If I can only find a steady mockdraft contest at some site. Every year it seems that I have to find a new site.

We should start something like this here on DLF.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: 2010 Movers and Shakers.

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:14 am

BradyT wrote:
Salty Dawg wrote:I thought this would be informative to hear if anyone had any thoughts on this.

We should start something like this here on DLF.
I am down for a mock drat contest!

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:25 am

I have been a part of some dynasty mocks here but have never seen anything with nfl mock draft.

Plus I always like to play in some of those that ultimately means someone can win something.NOt the entire driving force for it as I will do a free one but it is nice to wing it sometimes and see how well one fares.

Additionally, the site who sponsor it also take the inherent responsibility of scoring it. That is another thing I like about finding a site. By no means am i attempting to spearhead something that results in me having to take on the ultimate responsibility to "score the results".

IM in the middle of establishing some new tiebreakers for my dynasty league as well as determine if I want to eliminate ties altogether and replace with it a tiebreaker player.All this is for another thread though. :D

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:39 am

I think it could be fun.

I've never taken part in a contest for an NFL mock draft.

I would guess that scoring would go up for players chosen correctly later in the round. I would only want to do a round 1 mock if it were me taking part. But, we could do something like 5 points for each player correctly matched to their team in picks 1-5, 6 points for picks 6-10, 7 points for picks 11-15, 8 points for picks 16-20, 9 points for picks 21-25 and 10 points for each pick matched correctly for picks 26-32. Just an idea. But, that wouldn't be hard to score at all.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:17 pm

What I found on one site was something wehre a correct pick was worth ..say 8 pts. and then for every pick fthat goes by that your guy wasnt picked or was pcked earlier the values go down all the way to within like 6 spots. So If I think ERic Berry goes 4th and get it ..I get the 8pts ..if he goes 11th then I wuld get zero. The values in between are very negotiable..lol. all of it is pretty negotiable.

The reason for this is becasue you dont want to say the guy goes to a certain team at a certain spot as we all know teams move around..or usually do at least. Thjerfore You are picking in "what spot" he goes and not in its truest sense what team he is going to.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 am

10 points for every right player and 5 for the right position.(10 pts for those who said DHB at #7 to OAK and 5 for those who said Crabtree at #7 to OAK) and everybody can change his mock right before the first pick will be announced.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:35 pm

I've taken part in a few mock drafts before ( not on this site though )... usually up to the 5th round. But assigning a scoring value would be interesting.
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

grimace
All Pro
All Pro

Postby grimace » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm

I'd be up for this, it would be kind of fun, and will give us something to do in the off season

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Eventually all I think I wanted to do if we were going to implement a scoring system is to put out our mocks for official use the morning of the 1st day of the draft. Well not necessarily morning but IM sure fellas get the picture.