East-West Shrine Game Rosters

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Misfit74
Legend
Legend

East-West Shrine Game Rosters

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm interested in learning a lot more about draft-eligible players during the off-season, esp. since my Seahawks are not in playoff contention. It's never too early to keep an eye on a player or 10. Of this list, I own Andre Anderson (Tulane RB) in GDF3, so I hope he does well. It's a roll I'm interested in learning a lot more about draft-eligible players during the off-season, esp. since my Seahawks are not in playoff contention. It's never too early to keep an eye on a player or 10. Of this list, I own Andre Anderson (Tulane RB) in GDF3, so I hope he does well. It's a roll of the dice that he turns out to be the next Matt Forte (also from Tulane). Who knows, the way Forte's been playing there's a chance he could turn out better... :)

2010 East-West Shrine Game Roster Watch
Written by NFL Draft Bible
Tuesday, 01 December 2009 15:48
The 2010 East-West Shrine Game Rosters. Check back for updates.

EAST
QB Dan Lefevour, Central Michigan
QB Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
QB John Skelton, Fordham
RB Andre Anderson, Tulane
RB Brandon Minor, Michigan
WR Naaman Roosevelt, Buffalo
WR Blair White, Michigan State
WR Andre Roberts, Citadel
WR Patrick Simonds, Colgate
TE Nate Byham, Pittsburgh
TE Michael Hoomanawanui, Illinois
TE Ali Villanueva, Army
OT Ed Wang, Virginia Tech
OT Chris Scott, Tennessee
OT Kevin Haslam, Rutgers
OT Rodger Saffold III, Indiana
OG Mitch Petrus, Arkansas
OG Thomas Austin, Clemson
OC Ted Larsen, North Carolina State
DE Willie Young, North Carolina State
DE Lindsey Witten, Connecticut
DE Brandon Lang, Troy
DT Arthur Jones, Syracuse
DT Mike Neal, Purdue
DT Torrell Troup, Central Florida
DT Vince Oghobaase, Duke
LB O'Brien Schofield, Wisconsin
LB Cameron Sheffield, Troy
LB Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
LB Kion Wilson, South Florida
LB Kavell Conner, Clemson
LB Darryl Sharpton, Miami
CB Devin McCourty, Rutgers
CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, Indiana (PA)
CB Stephan Virgil, Virginia Tech
SS Barry Church, Toledo
FS Van Eskridge, East Carolina
FS Terrell Skinner, Maryland

WEST
QB Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
QB Max Hall, BYU
RB Lonyae Miller, Fresno State
RB Keith Toston, Oklahoma State
FB Ryan Moya, UCLA
WR Verran Tucker, California
WR Danario Alexander, Missouri
WR Emmanuel Sanders, Southern Methodist
WR Seyi Ajirotutu, Fresno State
OT Zane Beadles, Utah
OT Tony Washington, Abilene Christian
OT Mike Tepper, California
OG Shelley Smith, Colorado State
OG Brandon Carter, Texas Tech
OG Reggie Stephens, Iowa State
OC J.D. Walton, Baylor
OC Kenny Alfred, Washington State
DE James Ruffin, Northern Iowa
DE Auston English, Oklahoma
DE Jan Jorgensen, BYU
DE Erik Lorig, Stanford
DT Ekom Udofia, Stanford
DT Earl Mitchell, Arizona
DT Tyson Alualu, California
LB Jerry Hughes, TCU
LB Daryl Washington, TCU
LB Dexter Davis, Arizona State
LB Joe Pawelek, Baylor
CB Syd'Quan Thompson, California
CB Alterraun Verner, UCLA
CB Devin Ross, Arizona
CB Brian Jackson, Oklahoma
SS Larry Asante, Nebraska
SS Chris Thomas, Air Force
FS TJ Ward, Oregon
FS Joshua Pinkard, USC
P Robert Malone, Fresno State
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Dan Lefevour, QB, is a guy I'd like to watch in this game. I like to find a QB to tuck away - last year Nate Davis came out of that conference to get picked by the 49ers, which could still turn out to be a good place for him to be in a season or two.

-oo-

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:25 pm

East-West Shrine preview: Part I
by Wes Bunting
January 14, 02010

The National Football Post will be out in full force starting next week for the 85th East-West Shrine Game in Orlando on Jan. 23. We’ll be posting daily practice reports, rumors we’re hearing and offering our takes on some of the nation’s top NFL prospects. Here’s our first look at the East team with players who are worth watching:

The East breakdown

Rosters from Shrinegame.com

continued...
In addition to some of the players written up, I'm also going to be looking for:
  • Naaman Roosevelt, WR - He finished his college career as the school's all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns and all- purpose yardage, and has the potential to be a good #2 receiver, or slot receiver with return potential in the NFL.
  • Mike Kafka, QB - His primary strength is his mobility, and has good size at 6′3″ and around 220 lbs. Hasn't shown a strong arm, but was't asked to throw deep much in college.
  • Andre Anderson, RB - It's a travesty that Anderson wasn't invited to the Combine - dude is a load to bring down and breaks a lot of tackles. He's not the fastest runner, but neither are Toby Gerhart nor Anthony Dixon. Despite the Combine snub, I guarantee that Anderson makes an NFL roster.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:12 pm

East-West Shrine preview: Part II
by Wes Bunting
January 15, 02010

Thursday, we took a look at the top matchups to watch on the East team when practice begins next week for the 85th East-West Shrine Game in Orlando on Jan. 23. Today, we take our first look at the West. The NFP will be posting daily practice reports, rumors and our takes on some of the nation’s top NFL prospects when workouts begin.

The West breakdown

continued...

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:24 am

From: Shrine Game practice reveals plenty about NFL prospects
Shrine Game practice reveals plenty about NFL prospects

ORLANDO -- Bill Parcells was among the NFL personnel men to take in the first practice of the East-West Shrine Game week Monday. The Dolphins' Executive Vice President of Football Operations was joined by the likes of Chiefs head coach Todd Haley and general manager Scott Pioli and Packers general manager Ted Thompson.

Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, a local product out of Central Florida, was also on the sidelines of the practice field across the street from the Citrus Bowl, where Saturday's game will be held.

The teams did not wear pads Monday, but there was still plenty of contact in the trenches and opportunities for players to showcase their athleticism.

East practice

Bowling Green wide receiver Freddie Barnes was one of the stars of the day.

continued...

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:51 am

East-West Shrine Game running blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Scouts Inc.
ESPN.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- NFL scouts and coaches have come to watch prospects practice this week in preparation of the East-West Shrine Game. ESPN Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay, Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl are on hand and will keep you up to date with all the latest big hits, big plays and track who is making the NFL scouts talk. Keep refreshing this page to get all the latest from Tuesday's practices.

East Team Practice

continued...

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:49 am

East-West Shrine practice begins
by Wes Bunting
January 19, 02010

ORLANDO -- It was a padless practice for both sides on Monday at the East-West Shrine Game, but the National Football Post still has plenty to report and break down from the opening day of workouts.

East team

Two up

Purdue DT Mike Neal and Ohio State DL Doug Worthington both made good first impressions on me Monday.

continued...

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 am

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:00 pm

the_lung wrote:From: East-West Shrine preview: Part I
East-West Shrine preview: Part I
by Wes Bunting
January 14, 02010

The National Football Post will be out in full force starting next week for the 85th East-West Shrine Game in Orlando on Jan. 23. We’ll be posting daily practice reports, rumors we’re hearing and offering our takes on some of the nation’s top NFL prospects. Here’s our first look at the East team with players who are worth watching:

The East breakdown

continued...
In addition to some of the players written up, I'm also going to be looking for:
  • Naaman Roosevelt, WR - He finished his college career as the school's all-time leader in receptions, receiving yards, receiving touchdowns and all- purpose yardage, and has the potential to be a good #2 receiver, or slot receiver with return potential in the NFL.
  • Mike Kafka, QB - His primary strength is his mobility, and has good size at 6′3″ and around 220 lbs. Hasn't shown a strong arm, but was't asked to throw deep much in college.
  • Andre Anderson, RB - It's a travesty that Anderson wasn't invited to the Combine - dude is a load to bring down and breaks a lot of tackles. He's not the fastest runner, but neither are Toby Gerhart nor Anthony Dixon. Despite the Combine snub, I guarantee that Anderson makes an NFL roster.
I just read this. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! :) They invited Matt Forte didn't they? SOBs!
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:00 pm

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:11 am