Heisman Night

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.

Who deserves the Honor

Gerhart
24%
Suh
47%
Ingram
24%
McCoy
6%
Tebow
No votes

Total votes: 17

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Heisman Night

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Tonights the big night! Who do you think SHOULD win the Heisman?

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:36 pm

I think this is the 3rd Heisman poll on this site...

My vote is still Suh. Best college defensive tackle since Steve Emtman. More dominant than any of the other candidates. Screw team record. Suh was the best player in college football this year.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:47 pm

I would absolutley love to see Suh take home the trophy. I think he has a good shot because I think a lot of the votes will be spread out amongst the canidates. There is no run away canidate whick always makes for more interesting results.

Guppy CEO
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Guppy CEO » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:44 pm

they should stop calling the heisman the best player in college football and just call it the best offensive player.
2008 Champion, 2009 runner up, 2011 champ
fear the guppy!!!!!

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:28 pm

Guppy CEO wrote:they should stop calling the heisman the best player in college football and just call it the best offensive player.
Not even that, they should call it the best offensive back in college football. I would love to see the percentage of QBs or RBs that have won. Suh was by FAR, the most dominating player in all of college football.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:34 am

bigcsr67 wrote:
Guppy CEO wrote:they should stop calling the heisman the best player in college football and just call it the best offensive player.
Not even that, they should call it the best offensive back in college football. I would love to see the percentage of QBs or RBs that have won. Suh was by FAR, the most dominating player in all of college football.
I think Ingram was a good 2nd choice - he averaged 200 yards from scrimmage in every game vs. a ranked opponent. Problem is, his offensive line did not get part of the award. Suh does it practically all by himself having to tear through multiple players trying unsuccessfully to block him on every down...
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 am

The reality is that defensive players like Suh just don't win awards like this, as we've only seen one defensive heisman in recent memory in Charles Woodson, and technically he also played some offense and special teams. We could even take this argument further and include some Offensive Lineman in recent memory that should have gotten Heisman consideration such as Orlando Pace in the 90's or Tony Mandarich before him. Its almost always going to be an offensive playmaker (QB or RB) that wins an award like this and its rare for even a WR to win these awards as well. Suh's redemption from this will come in the NFL draft when he likely will go 1st overall, while Ingram will have to fight off the "Heisman Curse" of Heisman winners who don't do much in the NFL afterward.
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:37 pm