Ranking the Bowls

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Ranking the Bowls

Postby the_lung » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Very little to none fantasy or NFL Draft analysis here. Simply a football article on which Bowls to watch.

From: Intriguing BCS matchups add sizzle to uninspiring college bowl season
Intriguing BCS matchups add sizzle to uninspiring college bowl season

Welcome to my seventh annual ranking of this year's bowl games, No. 1 through 34, in order of anticipated entertainment value. Much like the bowl business itself, these rankings are based only marginally on the teams' actual merits. They also take into consideration star quality, fan appeal, evenness of matchup, aesthetic appeal of the two teams' colors and whether or not any NCIS reruns will be airing at the same time.

I have to hand it to the BCS: All five games this year are must-see TV. In fact, this is the first time in recent memory that I ranked all the BCS games before any other. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of many of the higher-profile non-BCS games we usually count on for quality matchups. One New Year's Day game didn't even crack the Top 15.

So read, enjoy, and remember -- just because a particular bowl checks in way down at No. 29 doesn't guarantee you'll have anything better to do that night.

1) BCS National Championship Game(Jan. 7): Alabama (13-0) vs. Texas (13-0). It's the first-ever matchup of two 13-0 teams. Colt McCoy. Mark Ingram. Rolando McClain. Sergio Kindle. Yeah, I'm thinking you might want to tune in.

continued...