Clausen Declares for the draft, as does Tate

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:17 pm

BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
teams will ALWAYS draft qbs early. face the facts... you have to have a good QB to be successful in the NFL... to be a superbowl contender, you have to have a qb that is a stud...

suh is the #1 prospect in this draft.... but i personally think eric berry is pretty dang close.
I have the same thoughts. Personally I hoping Berry slips a few spots and the Giants trade their whole draft for him ;-)
I guess I will only get heat from you guys when bringing another big fella into this discussion.. again... :lol: btw: I´m not talking about Noel Devine! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You and your silly man crushes :D

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:19 pm

hosler427 wrote:
BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote: I have the same thoughts. Personally I hoping Berry slips a few spots and the Giants trade their whole draft for him ;-)
I guess I will only get heat from you guys when bringing another big fella into this discussion.. again... :lol: btw: I´m not talking about Noel Devine! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: hey I have a new girlfriend since saturday two weeks ago, but this doesn´t affect my man crushes at all!!!! :lol:

let me count: I think the count is 6 for now.. :lol:
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:31 pm

BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
thewhyterabbit wrote:
teams will ALWAYS draft qbs early. face the facts... you have to have a good QB to be successful in the NFL... to be a superbowl contender, you have to have a qb that is a stud...

suh is the #1 prospect in this draft.... but i personally think eric berry is pretty dang close.
I have the same thoughts. Personally I hoping Berry slips a few spots and the Giants trade their whole draft for him ;-)
taylor mays isnt the best safety in the country and im willing to bet jones from UGA is better!

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:03 pm

BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
BradyT wrote: I guess I will only get heat from you guys when bringing another big fella into this discussion.. again... :lol: btw: I´m not talking about Noel Devine! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: hey I have a new girlfriend since saturday two weeks ago, but this doesn´t affect my man crushes at all!!!! :lol:

That explains why you haven't been around as much :wink:

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:08 am

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:30 pm

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Eva ... tries.html

What we don’t like:

• His physical stature. Doesn’t look nearly as big as his listed height (6-3) and at times struggles to find throwing lanes in the pocket.

• Possesses only average arm strength. Relies on his timing and anticipation in the pass game (which is fine), but when he’s asked to spin the football from one side of the field to the opposite hash mark, his throws float on him. Doesn’t have the arm to be late with a read down the field.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Misfit74 wrote:

What we don’t like:

• His physical stature. Doesn’t look nearly as big as his listed height (6-3) and at times struggles to find throwing lanes in the pocket.

Possesses only average arm strength. Relies on his timing and anticipation in the pass game (which is fine), but when he’s asked to spin the football from one side of the field to the opposite hash mark, his throws float on him. Doesn’t have the arm to be late with a read down the field.
QUINN Jr. !
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Shawn wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:

What we don’t like:

Possesses only average arm strength. Relies on his timing and anticipation in the pass game (which is fine), but when he’s asked to spin the football from one side of the field to the opposite hash mark, his throws float on him. Doesn’t have the arm to be late with a read down the field.
QUINN Jr. !
Rick Mirer, Brady Quinn,__________. You fill in the blank. :)

Hard for me to change this perception, but the pre-draft stuff will go a long way to updating my opinion about the Quarterbacks. I still like Bradford the best of 2010.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:47 pm

hosler427 wrote:
BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote: You and your silly man crushes :D

Yea true.. she´s probably the main reason :lol:

and I guess I will wait some time before I introduce her to Barry Sanders,Brady Quinn, Taylor Mays, MIchael Crabtree, Noel Devine and Michael Vick. She dont need to know everything right on from the beginning. :lol: :lol:

back to the topic: If he improves in coverage, I definately like Taylor Mays the best! His physical tools and appearance is much more frightening and intimidating than any other of the player coming out. paired with his speed, which I think is faster than the 40 time Steve has put up in the other thread, he is definately my no #1.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:52 pm

BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
BradyT wrote: :lol: hey I have a new girlfriend since saturday two weeks ago, but this doesn´t affect my man crushes at all!!!! :lol:

and I guess I will wait some time before I introduce her to Barry Sanders,Brady Quinn, Taylor Mays, MIchael Crabtree, Noel Devine and Michael Vick. She dont need to know everything right on from the beginning. :lol: :lol:

back to the topic: If he improves in coverage, I definately like Taylor Mays the best! His physical tools and appearance is much more frightening and intimidating than any other of the player coming out. paired with his speed, which I think is faster than the 40 time Steve has put up in the other thread, he is definately my no #1.
When do you expect him to improve his coverage....when he jumps up in competition to the Pros? He's a linebacker/safety type. Michael Boulware comes to mind, except Boulware had ball-skills (excellent ones at one point).

I'm just not a big fan of Mays. Berry is the much better prospect, IMO.

But, I know you'll carry on w/ your man-crush-a-thon anyway, Brady.. :) :lol: :roll:

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:23 am

Misfit74 wrote:
BradyT wrote:
hosler427 wrote: That explains why you haven't been around as much :wink:

When do you expect him to improve his coverage....when he jumps up in competition to the Pros? He's a linebacker/safety type. Michael Boulware comes to mind, except Boulware had ball-skills (excellent ones at one point).

I'm just not a big fan of Mays. Berry is the much better prospect, IMO.

But, I know you'll carry on w/ your man-crush-a-thon anyway, Brady.. :) :lol: :roll:
I guess I sometimes need to see my man-crushes bust out first before giving up on them - though it will not happen with Taylor Mays! :)