Sterling Shepard

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Sterling Shepard

Postby Cherokee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:58 am

Sterling Shepard
5’10
192lbs
OU
Oklahoma City OK
PRO COMP- Golden Tate
Grade- A-
RY 3482
26 Total TDs
Rookie Draft Selection- 1st Round
Smartest WR in the draft along with Mike Thomas (Southern Miss). He knows where he is on the field at all times. He shields the ball after the catch, runs excellent route and attacks the middle of the field. He can excel in the slot and on the outside. I like his size as well. He isn’t tall but the biggest (at195ish) of the new NFL Small Wideout.( AB, TY, Lockett, Smokey) I mentioned this in the Doctson review, if I am sitting at 1.04 or 1.05 I definitely move down in the 1st and add a 2nd or something of value and grab Shepard, Sharpe, Mike Thomas or Carro, as I feel they are just as good as Doctson, Coleman and OSU Mike Thomas
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Sterling Shepard

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:55 am

I agree with this. I just watched his tape and he's the smartest WR, although he should be b/c he's old as dirt lol. He's not the most dynamic guy, and he's not built like Hopkins or Keenan with long arms and high pedigree, so I think he's going to have to rely on a good QB getting him the ball a'la Randall Cobb or Antonio Brown.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:45 am

Yep. I'm hoping for a soft landing for him. I think he could have situational value if he's opposite a dominate outside wr. I wouldn't put him in the same tier as Doctson, but I would take him ahead of Coleman and Thomas if he gets into a nice situation. It's a crapshoot with him and Coleman for me. Coleman has the extreme physical profile, but lacks some basic understanding of the position because of the scheme he was in. Shephard definitely pro ready, but he has just baseline athleticism. Classic high ceiling or high floor dilemma.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Figs66
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Figs66 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:16 am

Shepard's agility was very disappointing. I really wanted him to knock it out of the park with his 3 cone, etc. I'm not sure how effective of a slot receiver will be without that lateral quickness. He will have to win with route running, smarts and strength. I like Coleman better as an all around prospect barring what he does in his pro day. You can teach route running; you cannot teach athleticism.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:51 am

True to a point. NFL route concepts are extremely difficult to master though. I'm not underestimating the challenges Coleman will face converting from a streamlined spread Baylor offense to a pro style timing based passing game. I'm not saying he can't do it. He certainly has all of the physical traits and then some. I have no idea if Coleman has the mental capacity and drive to perfect his craft, but the way he plays on the field tells me he is a worker. Much like Kevin White last year, you can see a very high level of competitiveness. Very underrated aspect when transferring into the pro game where there are fewer handlers/coaches to babysit.
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Diti51
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Diti51 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Figs66 wrote:Shepard's agility was very disappointing. I really wanted him to knock it out of the park with his 3 cone, etc. I'm not sure how effective of a slot receiver will be without that lateral quickness. He will have to win with route running, smarts and strength. I like Coleman better as an all around prospect barring what he does in his pro day. You can teach route running; you cannot teach athleticism.
Cordarelle Patterson would disagree with you.
Team 1- Friday Night Lights
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/K/D
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/14805#0
QB: Mahomes/Mayfield/Levis
RB: Jonathan Taylor/Singletary/Allgier/Ty Chandler/Bigsby/AGibson
WR: Garret Wilson/Nico Collins/Diontae Johnson/Mi Williams/Marquise Brown/Zay Flowers
TE: Goeddert/Njoku/Ferguson/Harrison Bryant

Team 2 - Good Life
12 tm dynasty PPR, TE premiumQB/2RB/2WR/TE/2FLEX/K/D
http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/58823#0
QB: Josh Allen/Dobbs
RB: Jon Taylor/Roschon Johnson/JK Dobbins/Ty Chandler
WR: Diggs/Lockett/Diontae Johnson/Pittman/Elijah Moore/Jayden Reed/Wandale Robinson
TE: Ferguson/Okwonkwo/Juwan Johnson/Tucker Kraft/Ruckert

Team 3 - WFL
12 tm dynasty superflex, PPR, 26 man roster salary cap - no K/DST
QB: Fields/TLawrence/Zach Wilson/Mills
RB: Gibson/Chandler
WR: ACooper/Lockett/Godwin/Rashee Rice/Josh Downs/Mingo/Elijah Moore/WRobinson
TE: Goeddert/Trautman/Brevin Jordan