Kenneth Dixon

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Kenneth Dixon

Postby Cherokee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:54 am

Kenneth Dixon
5’10
215lbs
Louisiana Tech
Strong AR
PRO COMP- Montee Ball
Grade- B-
4480 RY
87 Total TDs( Crazy)
Rookie Draft Selection- mid 2nd Round
How can a player with 87 total TDs not be in consideration for the 1st overall pick in rookie drafts? IDK. A couple games where interesting here. In the Oklahoma game, the Bulldogs got smoked so I wanted to see how Dixon handled it. But Dixon still shined IMO. Fantastic pass blocking, receiving and I really thought he was the best football player on both sides of the ball.
Next, I treated myself to the LT vs. Arkansas State Bowl Game. Dixon, who sports number 28, looked like the number 28 we all wish we rostered. I can’t even fathom the fantasy points Dixon would have put up. At least 50 in PPR. All around fantastic football player at the college level.
I really hope my NFL COMP above is wrong. I am taking Dixon with all high, 2nd round rookie draft picks I own and hoping he is not the next Montee Ball. But from what I have seen, at this point the two are twins. If you don’t get that, check out Ball’s college production and see who is next to him in all categories.
Dixon checks all the boxes but I have a funny feeling about him.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Kenneth Dixon

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:50 pm

2nd round pick? lol I'm planning on taking him with my 1.05 if he does well at the combine. Guy looks like a flat out stud on tape, no idea what other people are looking at.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:34 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:2nd round pick? lol I'm planning on taking him with my 1.05 if he does well at the combine. Guy looks like a flat out stud on tape, no idea what other people are looking at.
I am only passing along what I think and feel. DD, I have followed lots of your stuff on other sites as well. I know you understand that everyone has an opinion and this was not a negative breakdown of him. More of a warning to GMs not to get their hopes up for a player with 87 TDs because Montee Ball had 82 himself and they are wickedly similar.
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:47 am

I can't see the Ball comparison here. Ball was a bad athlete who only popped due to elite production. Dixon has the production yet also dazzles in space and excels as a receiver. I certainly cannot argue anyone being down on Dixon as everyone prefers a different flavor. I just don't see Ball as the apt parallel.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:08 am

dlf_robl wrote:I can't see the Ball comparison here. Ball was a bad athlete who only popped due to elite production. Dixon has the production yet also dazzles in space and excels as a receiver. I certainly cannot argue anyone being down on Dixon as everyone prefers a different flavor. I just don't see Ball as the apt parallel.
Fair. Thanks for taking the time with my guys. Yes, you are right, Dixon is superior in space and has much better hands. The Ball/Dixon thing is more about "elite on paper" players and a warning that it may not translate. I dont think the Combine helps him but I am trying to get him where I can as a slight gamble in my eyes. I spend 55bucks on a 200 dollar auction 2 years ago on Ball so nothing will every hurt as bad as that
DE- Phillips, Highsmith

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:38 am

Ball came back to bite a lot of people. Even though opportunity is king for most running backs, his talent was just too pedestrian to overcome. Combine will be bigger for Dixon than most, in my estimation. If he tests out as an average athlete, might raise questions as to whether he is truly this electric space player.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:31 am

Cherokee wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:2nd round pick? lol I'm planning on taking him with my 1.05 if he does well at the combine. Guy looks like a flat out stud on tape, no idea what other people are looking at.
I am only passing along what I think and feel. DD, I have followed lots of your stuff on other sites as well. I know you understand that everyone has an opinion and this was not a negative breakdown of him. More of a warning to GMs not to get their hopes up for a player with 87 TDs because Montee Ball had 82 himself and they are wickedly similar.
I wasn't meaning to seem dismissive or criticizing in any way, merely laughing at myself that I'm prepared to take him top 5 overall when you correctly point out that he will probably be going late 1st or even 2nd round in most rookie drafts. I won't be completely sold until the combine, I certainly will not spend a top 5 pick on him if he puts up pedestrian numbers. I would still gamble a 2nd regardless because I did love his tape, it was more impressive than Zeke's in many ways. Zeke had the benefit of playing on a really good team behind an average to good offensive line. Dixon is more of a "read the tea leaves" type of player because he rarely got a decent hole to run through, as I've said before it's very similar to David Johnsons college situation.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:52 pm

That didnt help at all
DE- Phillips, Highsmith

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:34 pm

Cherokee wrote:That didnt help at all
No it did not.

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
No it did not.
What are you guys talking about? I only saw scattered parts of combine this weekend.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:38 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote:
Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
No it did not.
What are you guys talking about? I only saw scattered parts of combine this weekend.
4.58 40
37 vert
Good 3 cone under 7
Average. I need more from small school top prospect
DE- Phillips, Highsmith

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:49 am

I was severely, severely bummed by his Combine performance. He was my favourite prospect right up until that point.

On the plus side, he should be much cheaper to acquire, but I'm not paying more than a 2nd. I doubt he'll fall that far in my leagues, though.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks