DJ Foster

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

DJ Foster

Postby Cherokee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 am

D.J. Foster
5’11 195
RB/WR
Arizona State
Scottsdale AZ
PRO COMP Chris Thompson
Grade D+
RUSHING YARDS 2355 5.3YPC
RECEIVING YARDS 2458
TDs 32
Rookie Draft Selection - Undrafted
Foster only recorded 55 carriers in 2015 as a RB. He had 59 receptions split out or motioning out of the backfield. This left me wanting to see him carry the ball a little more because he does boast a 5.3 career YPC. My task was watching him in 2014 take on USC, a DL lead by All-World DE Leonard Williams. If he is asked to carry the ball in the NFL, this is definitely similar to what he should expect. He had 3 or 4 positive carries. No burst and little vision. I did notice that he made 1 nice cut on a draw on a 3rd and 9. He was consistently being swallowed up 3 yards deep in the backfield.
Honestly, I don’t see him being an NFL caliber player at RB. Maybe his coaches didn’t either and he made the switch to WR. In the 2014 USC game, I would guess he lined up at RB 50% and WR 50%. At WR, he was a playmaker at this level. He made some nice grabs off nice routes but was mostly lined up against LBs (Su’a Carvens). He also dropped a huge deep pass that should have went for 6.
Like I said above, he is a playmaker from the WR position at the college level. Some Dexter McCluster comps have been floating around. IMO McCluster is a much more dangerous weapons and none of us can like the sounds of that.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll