Derrick Henry

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Derrick Henry

Postby Cherokee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:47 am

Derrick Henry
6’3
241lbs
Alabama
Yulee FL
NFL COMP-Brandon Jacobs
Grade-B-
RY-3591
TDs-42
Rookie Draft Selection 1st Round
We will start by diving right in to this. 406 touches in 2015. WOW! I don’t hate Alabama and I don’t hate Henry. With that being said, how much better is Henry than Yeldon? We can stop the Lacy and TRich talk. I think looking at Yeldon vs. Henry can answer a lot of questions here. Both are/were dynamic ball carriers and added a little with their hands out of the BF. No matter what I read or see from Henry, I can’t stop asking myself, “could Yeldon do it better?” The answer is always “YES”
Yeldon ran the ball alongside Lacy and TRich back in the day. He had 1000 yard seasons with those guys in the backfield with him. I guess my point is, if you like Yeldon, don’t expect more from Henry. If you’re down on Yeldon, I would just stay away especially with the price tag that comes with Henry. If you have 1.03 in rookie drafts you could most likely grab Yeldon+ for it on draft day to the right owner.
On to the tape. I have seen tons of Henry so I could do this without tape but I chose the Ol Miss game to cover. Within the first 2 minutes Henry has 2 carries for 9 yards. Good, Right? Well 3rd and 1 and he is stopped a yard deep in the backfield and the game caller says, “That is not his strength”. And I sigh. He runs the ball well, blocks, and is average in the passing game. He is just too big. Like I said, I don’t hate him, I guess I just hate his price. Please don’t take the Brandon Jacobs Comp as lazy or based on size only. If you watch the 2 run side by side, it just couldn’t be more obvious. Jacobs was much more powerful but they have the same game and I would guess, if you take 13 or 14 goal line TDs away from Jacob’s career, you will find Henry’s.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll