Braxton Miller

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Braxton Miller

Postby Cherokee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:46 am

Braxton Miller
6’2
215lbs
Ohio State
Huber Heights OH
Pro COMP- Mohamed Sanu
Grade-C
RY-341
3 Total TDs
Rookie Draft Selection-Mid 2nd
Love his size and speed but I just don’t see much happening here. I just don’t believe in manufacturing touches for players and I see this the case with Miller. He probably gets in the ways of other worthy fantasy players and doesn’t carrier much value himself.
He just hasn’t had the time to learn routes. He can get open because of god given ability but that’s all. Just didn’t look the part IMO. I will stay away after seeing him closely.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Braxton Miller

Postby dlf_robw » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:47 am

I'm inclined to agree with you here, as I feel Miller is being overhyped based on his Senior Bowl practice performance. He was making some defensive backs look silly, yet it was after several seconds. He's not going to have so much time to work when the game arrives.

Of course, there's a lot to work with here. Good size, supreme athleticism, and he really seems like an outstanding individual dedicated on becoming the best. For those reasons, he has a shot, and he looks more natural at receiver than most could have expected. I'm just not taking the shot in the second round of the NFL Draft.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:55 pm

I see a guy who's playing behind a big Mike Thomas, sort of the E.Sanders behind Demarius Thomas. He's got speed and moves that remind me of Tyler Lockett, and vision to gain yards after the catch. You see the Draft every year, people saying "there's all kinds of talent left on the board"... there's a reason for me not to take the draft grade over the situation and will love to see a team trade up for him once he gets to the right spot on their board.

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:23 am

The shiftiness I saw on film showed itself on Braxton's cone and shuttle. His physical abilities matched up well with Josh Docston, TCU. I think the speed scores are a little low for both WR's, but those are survivable with good foot-work. Braxton looks more like a runningback to me, and I think he'd fit in well in SanDiego or Atlanta.