2017 TEs

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
georgetown
Starter
Starter

2017 TEs

Postby georgetown » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 am

Just looking ahead. OJ Howard and Evan Engrem look awesome. How high do you think they could go in the real NFL draft? Are they on the level Ebron was where they could go in the top half of the first?
Team 1
12 team PPR, 6pts/passing TD
22 roster spots, 2 IR spots
Start:QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), D/ST, K

QB: A. Rodgers, M. Mariota, J. Garoppolo
RB: K. Hunt, S. Barkley, M. Gordon, J. McKinnon, M. Breida, M. Mack, M. Murphy, R. Burkhead
WR: D. Hopkins, S. Watkins, K. Allen, T. Hilton, D. Jackson, C. Sutton, C. Kirk
TE: R. Gronkowski, J. Smith, R. Seals-Jones, C. Brate
K: D. Bailey
DEF: LA Rams

2019: 4th, 5th

Team 2
12 team PPR Superflex 4pts/passing TD, -1.5/ INT
28 roster spots, 2 IR spots
Start:QB, WR, RB, TE, Superflex, 4 Flex

QB: C. Newton, D, Prescott, J. Winston, L. Jackson
WR: O. Beckham, J. Jones, B. Cooks, C. Godwin, J. Crowder, DJ Moore, C. Kirk, D. Hamilton, K. Coutee, Tre’Quan Smith, R. Foster
RB: N. Chubb, K. Johnson, A. Jones, A. Ekeler, J.Adams,
TE: E. Ebron, A. Hooper, J. Reed, T. Burton, G. Everett

2019: 1.03, 2.03, 2.04, 2.05
2020: 3rd, 4th, 5th

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2017 TEs

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:22 am

radioactiveshark wrote:Just looking ahead. OJ Howard and Evan Engrem look awesome. How high do you think they could go in the real NFL draft? Are they on the level Ebron was where they could go in the top half of the first?
I think OJ Howard is a first rounder. Evan Engram looks top 50 caliber to me.

So, potentially very high. We might not see a TE go as high as Ebron for some time though.

Chocolate Droppa
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Chocolate Droppa » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:38 pm

Is that because Ebron was that much better or because teams won't be willing to draft TE early again?

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:55 am

radioactiveshark wrote:Just looking ahead. OJ Howard and Evan Engrem look awesome. How high do you think they could go in the real NFL draft? Are they on the level Ebron was where they could go in the top half of the first?
I think you left out the best TE in Bucky Hogdes. Another top 50 TE and should go 1st round
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:00 am

Cherokee wrote:
I think you left out the best TE in Bucky Hogdes. Another top 50 TE and should go 1st round
Agree that Hodges has potential to be a high draft pick, but the OP specifically asked about Howard and Engram.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:03 am

Chocolate Droppa wrote:Is that because Ebron was that much better or because teams won't be willing to draft TE early again?
I don't think many front offices are willing to take a TE that early, simply on principle. Generally it takes TE 2-3 years to develop. GMs/coaches don't often have that much time to be patient. They need instant impact from high draft picks or they get fired waiting for them to develop.

Detroit's GM had bigger issues than Ebron, but taking him over Beckham, Donald, et al didn't help matters.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:49 am

DynoScout wrote:
Cherokee wrote:
Agree that Hodges has potential to be a high draft pick, but the OP specifically asked about Howard and Engram.
Apologies, DynoScout. Only read 2017 TEs.
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:57 am

Engram is only 225 but is a great blocker and excells as a pass catcher with insane burst off the line. Howard is more the typical size. No one has seen his upside, outside that last game. I think Engram' s size holds him back but still a top 50 pick. Howard should be same range. Niether top picks but count on day 2. I do see Hodges as the first off the board inside the top 25. Sorry again. Bucky Hogdes! I just cant stop.
DE- Phillips, Highsmith

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Engram is in the Reed mold. Big slot kind of TE, not an in-line player. Best receiving threat right now, though.

Nice to see someone excited about Hodges. He can be a really good NFL TE.

Hodges has the same kind of potential and inconsistency as Howard. I think both can threaten the 1st round in 2017. Both need to expand their skills in the passing game this year and play like the big, huge, movers they are.
Both should be able to erase DL in the run game, and they should overpower LB and S in the passing game. For whatever reason they both disappear for stretches. Howard disappeared for nearly an entire collegiate career before the Clemson game.

nwhalen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby nwhalen » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:10 pm

One more TE to keep an eye on is Mark Andrews Oklahoma.

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:44 am

I am an Engram fanatic. Truly believe he is a special player. I'm actually viewing him as a receiver, though he certainly fits the mold of a move tight end as well. He's just so smooth I think he can fit as an outside player.

Howard can play, though I feel both he and Hodges suffer a bit from a softer mentality. They're big guys who can struggle making plays in traffic. I could be misguided on this; I have not seen either of them too in-depth yet. These were just my initial impressions.

I am glad Nick mentioned Mark Andrews. Jordan Leggett and David Njoku are two other names for 2017.

Litesout13
Captain
Captain

Postby Litesout13 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:37 am

OJ Howard, Alabama
Bucky Hodges, Virginia Tech
Jake Butt, Michigan
Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas
Jordan Leggett, Clemson

All are legit TE prospects for 2017

Engram is more of a WR to me and I think will play more of that roll next season, but he is a 1st/2nd round caliber player
12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex||Salary Cap=$65mil||My Salary: $61,483,329
QB: Ryan($6.53)-Smith($4.13)-Garoppolo($500k)
RB: Hyde($1.75)-D. Johnson($2.16)-Zeke($1.95)-White($500k)-Turbin($500)
WR: Julio ($8.25)-Thomas($8.18)-Edelman($4.64)-K. Benjamin($3.4)-Parker($1.5)-White($1.5)-Doctson($1.3)-Mitchell($650)
TE: Kelce($1.84)-Green($1.25)-Maxx Williams($500k)
2017: 1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5
2018: 1,2,2,3,4,4,5

12 team PPR||Start QB-2RB-2WR-TE-2Flex
QB: R Wilson-Romo-RGIII-Wentz-Dak
RB: Zeke-Martin-Rawls-Hill-Starks-Perkins
WR: Julio-Parker-S Smith-T Williams-Cruz-Fuller
TE: Graham-Fleener-Hooper
2017: 1,2,3,4,5

12 Team PPR||Start QB-2RB-3WR-TE-2FLEX
QB:Rodgers-Tannehill-Wentz-Jimmy G
RB:Jones-JStew-Riddick-Henry-Drake-Sproles-Vereen-Collins
WR:Cooper-TY-Marshall-Snead-Cruz-Williams
TE:Kelce-Ertz-Clay

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:08 pm

Sprinkle is a good call. Should shine with Henry moving on.