Pre-Combine RB Board

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Pre-Combine RB Board

Postby Cherokee » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:00 am

I want to say Seattle drafts a RB.( Self interest here as a Rawls owner.)Probably 3rd 4th round. I really like Johnathan Williams and see him as a fit for the Seahawks. Am I far off with any of this? Of course we dont know but without a 2016 1st, would you snag a 5-9 ranked RB with an early 2nd if you owned Rawls? If D'Runnya Wilson or Pharoh fall, it would be tough but I wouldnt take Perkins, Prosise or WR over the Seahawk. Wheels are turnin too much.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:48 pm

DynoScout wrote:
Cherokee wrote:He ran well but why hasnt he gotten the go in the past. It took injuries for him to see the field. I feel like Notre Dame RB position is similar to the Chiefs where you can add in any runner with a pulse and get productivity. ND has extremely talented WRs and TEs as well that open up the box at all times. I could be wrong but if youre going with a big back, Id take JWill or Howard ahead of him. Check Lasco as well. He can play and Cal RBs have always transitioned nicely to the league. He will be a big late round hit IMO
I can get on board with Lasco as a functional NFL RB and later round pick. Nice eye, Cherokee.
Lasco didnt surprise me at all with that workout. Well that board jump was crazy. I think he made himself some money
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:24 am

I'm looking at Kenyan Drake leading into my rookie draft and see he only put up 10 reps on the bench press. Is he glaringly weak in comparison? Why so few?
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:58 am

Cherokee wrote:I want to say Seattle drafts a RB.( Self interest here as a Rawls owner.)Probably 3rd 4th round. I really like Johnathan Williams and see him as a fit for the Seahawks. Am I far off with any of this? Of course we dont know but without a 2016 1st, would you snag a 5-9 ranked RB with an early 2nd if you owned Rawls? If D'Runnya Wilson or Pharoh fall, it would be tough but I wouldnt take Perkins, Prosise or WR over the Seahawk. Wheels are turnin too much.
I could definitely see Jonathan Williams as a mid-late round pick for the Seahawks. Seems like a solid match in terms of play-style and cost - it just feels like a Seahawk kind of pick.

Not going to speculate on the rest, because there is so much yet to be determined.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:08 am

Bruiser wrote:I'm looking at Kenyan Drake leading into my rookie draft and see he only put up 10 reps on the bench press. Is he glaringly weak in comparison? Why so few?
I don't want to over-rate the bench press for RBs but it (kind of) confirms my opinion of him as a space player. Hes's not going to pick up many blitzing linebackers unless he gets considerably stronger AND improves his technique.
As far as actually running the ball, I don't think the bench press really matters to me.
It's more about his overall physical profile and whether he has the BMI and core strength to be a sustainer-type RB. Coaches love RBs who keep the offense on schedule, and I don't see Drake as that type of RB. He's more a change up and pass catcher in my eyes.

All that said, I still think he can be a PPR asset. Maybe a poor man's Duke Johnson in the right situation. His bench press doesn't change that projection for me.

TheCageyBees
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby TheCageyBees » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:14 pm

Bruiser wrote:I'm looking at Kenyan Drake leading into my rookie draft and see he only put up 10 reps on the bench press. Is he glaringly weak in comparison? Why so few?

Didn't he break his arm at the end of the season and come back in two weeks? Maybe that would let nit his bench reps, dunno.
8 Team: Q, R, W, W, T, F, F, F, K, DEF, DL, LB, S, CB, IDP, IDP -- 1/2 PPR, Tackle Heavy, 4 pt Pass TD, 45 Total Roster -- No Waiver Wire During Season (Players may not be picked up)

Q: A. Rodgers, A. Smith, P. Mahomes, J. Goff;
R: D. Guice, N. Chubb, C. Hyde, A. Abdullah, K. Hunt, J. Howard, M. Breida, B. Powell, C. West;
W: K. Allen, A. Robinson, S. Watkins, C. Davis, D. Parker, J. Landry, T. Hill, C. Godwin, C. Kupp, D. Hamilton, T. Taylor, K. Coutee;
T: T. Kelce, G. Olsen, J. Smith; K: none for now; DEF: SEA, KC, ATL DL: C. Dunlap, E. Griffen;
LB: C. Mosley, B. Wagner, E. Kendricks, K. Alexander, R. Evans, J. Smith; CB: J. Jenkins, R. Darby, J. Alexander, D. Ward;
S: H. Clinton-Dix, E. Thomas, M. Fitzpatrick, J. Reid

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:55 am

I checked my list of Rb's and the only guy with fewer reps is De'Anthony Thomas with 8. Buck Allen has 11. The first "good" RB I see is Alfred Morris with 16. Rawls has 15. There isn't a good RB with less than 15 really. Kind of interesting b/c I never thought about that.

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:42 am

Well, I'm officially setting my sights higher than Drake with my four 2nd round picks, but for other reasons. There are some gems hiding in this year's draft, and I'm not totally sold that this crop is devoid of talent.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

PassionWeige
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Pre Combine RB Board

Postby PassionWeige » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:49 am

does this mean SWB read my note???? Or saw the thread I started a week or so ago asking for a college board???? Either way..