Pre-Combine WR Board

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pre-Combine WR Board

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:11 am

dlf_robl wrote:
JimHarbaughDERP wrote:I'm really surprised that I haven't seen any discussion for Chris Moore (Cincinnati) on these boards, or really anywhere else for that matter, and I wonder if the lack of exposure is attributed to the dearth of easily available/accessible tape. I'm really high on him given what he shows on screen, but also given the efficient production put up over his NCAA career (119 Rec, 2301 YDs, 19.3 avg., 26 TDs, ~22% TD:Rec). I definitely encourage people to watch his tape.
I think you hit on why he is a bit unheralded. He did get a bit of hype after his big game against Ohio State, yet Mekale McKay seemed to be the darling. Quality player. Curious where he gets drafted.
One of those guys where I just didn't have enough to watch to form an opinion. He's watch listed though, for certain, and someone I hope to watch more of in March-May.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:32 pm

Combine reaction: Josh Doctson
Doctson opened my eyes today. Still thinner than I would like but it doesn't turn me off in the current NFL like it would have 6-8 years ago. I feel myself coming around on him because now I know he has the baseline explosion and movement skills to activate his technique. Still worried he might have a learning curve dealing with physical coverage.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:56 pm

DynoScout wrote:Combine reaction: Josh Doctson
Still worried he might have a learning curve dealing with physical coverage.
He played with really good strength, I wouldn't worry much about that.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Combine reaction: Sterling Shepard
Shepard confirmed what I thought would be better than expected athleticism, and that quiets some of the self-doubt I had in my evaluation. Locked in on my board at WR3 and I still like his tape better than Doctson, but I may be crazy.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:
DynoScout wrote:Combine reaction: Josh Doctson
Still worried he might have a learning curve dealing with physical coverage.
He played with really good strength, I wouldn't worry much about that.
I don't like the way Doctson executed his routes when challenged anywhere near the LOS.
He plays the ball well in contested situations though. No arguing that.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:04 pm

Combine reaction: Tyler Boyd
Not an elite athlete but still looked smooth in the drills. Timed and measured explosiveness was lacking. Falls in line with my thinking that he's a better football player than athlete. Still wish he was more athletic than he showed in Indy. I had him tiered with Carroo/Boyd/Coleman/Doctson and now I can feel Boyd sliding toward the bottom of that tier. Right or wrong, I think he's a slot guy only and I'm more optimistic about Carroo/Coleman/Doctson.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Combine Reaction: DeRunnya Wilson

Woof. Aside from his gauntlet which was smooth and full-throttle (still not fast) I didn't like what I saw. Big slot type that I didn't expect to be a monster athlete, but...yeah. OL-like explosiveness.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:14 pm

Combine Reaction: Mike Thomas OSU
Opened the combine close on the heels of Treadwell on my board and narrowed the gap even further. Checked boxes RE: size and athleticism. People may want or expect more, but he's great at what he is and that's valuable. One nitpick: Did not have the smoothest gauntlet drill you'll ever see. Adjusted to poorly placed balls well while running hard, made a few difficult catches but dropped his easiest one (my opinion). Then he stumbled and fell when he turned up field. Made me wince a bit.

LINK to Thomas' gauntlet: http://www.seahawks.com/video/2016/02/2 ... s-gauntlet

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Combine Reaction: Keyarris Garrett
I continue to like this guy. Hands measured small for his size and he did have some drop issues at Tulsa. Size adjusted athleticism and movement were good enough for me, but not otherworldly.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Combine Reaction: Will Fuller
Had a great 40 which was expected, but more positive (in my eyes) was that he didn't drop a ball in drills all day. Small hands and drop issues in college, so that was significant for him. Bottom line with Fuller - I think he will offer a ton of tactical, field-stretching, value to his NFL team. However, that might be all he ever is in the NFL, and that can be a sketchy proposition for consistent fantasy production.

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:14 am

DynoScout wrote:Combine Reaction: Will Fuller
Had a great 40 which was expected, but more positive (in my eyes) was that he didn't drop a ball in drills all day. Small hands and drop issues in college, so that was significant for him. Bottom line with Fuller - I think he will offer a ton of tactical, field-stretching, value to his NFL team. However, that might be all he ever is in the NFL, and that can be a sketchy proposition for consistent fantasy production.
I feel like NFL Network stole my analysis
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:41 am

Cherokee wrote:
DynoScout wrote:Combine Reaction: Will Fuller
I feel like NFL Network stole my analysis

It's telling (but not surprising) that most people had their eye out for the same things on him. I came away from the combine feeling a little better about him from a real-life football perspective, still hesitant from a dynasty perspective. I can understand an argument to move him way up from where I had him pre-combine, but the drops on tape still outweigh the clean combine drills for me.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:51 am

Combine Reaction: LaQuon Treadwell
Combine confirmed that he's a work horse and not a show pony. That matches up with his tape. The vert was a little surprising/disappointing because he's going to have to be a contested catches kind of player to have success in the NFL, and we've seen him do that a lot in college. Still my WR1 but I don't expect that to be a consensus view anymore.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:57 am

Combine Reaction: Marquez North
I was a little higher on this guy than most walking into Indy. I thought he had a good week. Ultimately his draft position will come down to team interviews. He has some questions to answer about his time at Tennessee and his relationships with teammates and coaches.
From a measured athleticism and drills perspective I thought he did everything he could to justify a mid-round NFL pick. His gauntlet drill was smooth, but I don't think he was running full throttle, just by my eye.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:06 am

Combine Reaction: Malcolm Mitchell
Smooth and explosive. Looked good. Looked healthy. I like him at WR, but there are reports that a team (or teams) have asked him to run DB drills. Early on at Georgia I think he split time, and some have speculated that hindered his development as a WR. If nothing else it makes him interesting to monitor to see what an NFL team decides what to do with him.