Pre-Combine WR Board

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pre-Combine WR Board

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:41 pm

RightlegTucker wrote:Love seeing Shepard near the top of the board, he's my favorite prospect in this draft. I'm hoping to scoop him up late in the 1st this year. The more I watch this group the more I like them. I think a guy like Carroo could be overlooked as well and end up being a good value pick. I really like your Keenan Allen comp for Boyd, that's who he reminded me of as well. I'd probably had him higher if it weren't for his off the field/effort concerns. I've seen people criticize his route running but I think his main issue is that he simply doesn't put the effort into running them properly, rounds his cuts rather than breaking hard at times. I haven't watched anything on Garrett yet. I'll make sure to give him a look. Nice write up as always. Here's what I have as my top 10 at this point.

1) Laquon Treadwell
2) Corey Coleman
3) Mike Thomas
4) Josh Doctson
5) Sterling Shepard
6) Tyler Boyd
7) Leonte Carroo
8) Will Fuller
9) DeRunnya Wilson
10) Pharaoh Cooper
Thanks for weighing in! I'm a big fan of Shepard. He does a great job of attacking the technique of his coverage to create openings. I think that will translate.

Swampdonkey17
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Swampdonkey17 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:14 am

yooperbacker wrote:That's what I'm interested in. I see everything he does transitioning to the NFL. What do you see that gives you pause? As for Boyd, I definitely don't see him having a higher floor. He out athletes college corners much like Parker at Louisville. The problem is that I don't think he is as good of an athlete as Parker and is also lighter in the shorts. I think Boyd has got to get more physical if he ever wants to be a wr2 in the league. His complete lack of burst will cap his upside IMO.
How did NOBODY else get immature and point this out? :shock:
Journal of my first orphan rebuild. If you're in a rebuild and want to get ideas or give some, feel free.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=92442
QB: Andrew Luck,Andy Dalton, Brett Hundley, Trevor Siemian
RB: Lamar Miller, Eddie Lacy,Carlos Hyde,Dion Lewis, Mark Ingram, Thomas Rawls,Terrell Watson, Legarette Blount, Daniel Lasco, DJ Foster
WR: Deandre Hopkins,Alshon Jeffrey,Randall Cobb,Kelvin Benjamin,Jarvis Landry, Devante Parker, Tyrell Williams,
TE: Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron,Julius Thomas
D: Denver, Baltimore

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:50 am

Penis size is the single most important metric when projecting prospects. Even more than hand size. Todd Gurley measured in at the combine with the largest member and look what he did in his rookie season. Thats my biggest knock on Tyler Boyd, little wiener...
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

Bellf
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Bellf » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:14 am

yooperbacker wrote:Penis size is the single most important metric when projecting prospects. Even more than hand size. Todd Gurley measured in at the combine with the largest member and look what he did in his rookie season. Thats my biggest knock on Tyler Boyd, little wiener...
Numbers don't lie when you look at the "hard" metrics, that's the number one reason everybody knew Gurley was going to be a stud.
16 Team PPR 40-roster 1Qb, 1-4RB, 2-5WR, 1-3 TE IDP= 2-3DL, 2-3LB, 2-3DB (8 Offense, 8 Defense)

Team 1
(5th Year)
QB- Mahomes
RB- Gurley, D. Freeman, J. Jacobs, Breida, Ballage, D. Harris, D. Thompson
WR- Evans, Alshon, D. Adams, J. Washington, Tre'Quan Smith, Hardman, Deebo
TE- Engram, Njoku
DL- Bosa, Hicks, Tuitt, Addison, Barnett
LB- E. Kendricks, D. Perryman, T. Edmunds, Alonso, J. Brown, Tavai
DB- Clinton-Dix, Q. Diggs, D.King, Jefferson, Cyprien, Rapp

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:57 pm

The way Gurley thrusts himself through the line of scrimmage is really jaw-dropping.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm really excited about Sterling Sheperd depending on landing spot myself. I hope you're right about him.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:41 pm

GLSmk wrote:I'm really excited about Sterling Sheperd depending on landing spot myself. I hope you're right about him.
Same, very excited to see where he ends up on draft day. On the right team, I believe he could become a TY Hilton of sorts. They are different types of players, but I think Shepard could have the same level of fantasy production that TY offers.
#FreeCoreyDavis

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Look what happens when I leave for a week....BEANS AND FRANKS.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

jaykay22 wrote:
GLSmk wrote:I'm really excited about Sterling Sheperd depending on landing spot myself. I hope you're right about him.
Same, very excited to see where he ends up on draft day. On the right team, I believe he could become a TY Hilton of sorts. They are different types of players, but I think Shepard could have the same level of fantasy production that TY offers.
Shepard certainly has his fans. Count me among them, but I think comparing him to TY Hilton is not totally fair to Hilton. In my eyes, Shepard is a Greg Jennings-type of smooth mover not an overtly explosive speed guy like TY Hilton.

I think he's a good one though, hope he proves us right!

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:22 pm

Agreed, I definitely think they're different types of WR's. And I looooove TY. I'm just saying that I can see Shepard producing TY numbers fantasy-wise in a year or two. As long as he lands on a good offense, I think it's not unrealistic to hope for 80/1200/7 numbers from him, which are numbers we've seen from TY so far throughout his career!
#FreeCoreyDavis

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:18 am

jaykay22 wrote:Agreed, I definitely think they're different types of WR's. And I looooove TY. I'm just saying that I can see Shepard producing TY numbers fantasy-wise in a year or two. As long as he lands on a good offense, I think it's not unrealistic to hope for 80/1200/7 numbers from him, which are numbers we've seen from TY so far throughout his career!
Won't argue that Shep has the ability to put up big numbers. Thanks for clarifying!

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:42 am

Not a positive rumor for my WR4:
https://twitter.com/rosterwatch/status/ ... 8532985856

Only takes one team to draft him but if all 32 pass multiple times it will be telling.
I don't know the man personally, and won't speak to the depth of his off-field character, but if these rumors are true a team might wind up with an on-field bargain.

JimHarbaughDERP
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby JimHarbaughDERP » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:17 am

I'm really surprised that I haven't seen any discussion for Chris Moore (Cincinnati) on these boards, or really anywhere else for that matter, and I wonder if the lack of exposure is attributed to the dearth of easily available/accessible tape. I'm really high on him given what he shows on screen, but also given the efficient production put up over his NCAA career (119 Rec, 2301 YDs, 19.3 avg., 26 TDs, ~22% TD:Rec). I definitely encourage people to watch his tape.

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:18 am

Are there more incidents than what happened this past season on campus? I don't know enough about his history to really comment. I certainly hope this is overblown for the sake of everyone involved.

*In relation to Carroo.
Last edited by dlf_robw on Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dlf_robw » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:20 am

JimHarbaughDERP wrote:I'm really surprised that I haven't seen any discussion for Chris Moore (Cincinnati) on these boards, or really anywhere else for that matter, and I wonder if the lack of exposure is attributed to the dearth of easily available/accessible tape. I'm really high on him given what he shows on screen, but also given the efficient production put up over his NCAA career (119 Rec, 2301 YDs, 19.3 avg., 26 TDs, ~22% TD:Rec). I definitely encourage people to watch his tape.
I think you hit on why he is a bit unheralded. He did get a bit of hype after his big game against Ohio State, yet Mekale McKay seemed to be the darling. Quality player. Curious where he gets drafted.