Pre-Combine WR Board

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Pre-Combine WR Board

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:28 am

Combine Reaction: Dhaquille Williams
Was barely clinging to the bottom of my board as a potential big slot WR. After his combine showing I can't see myself using a pick on him in dynasty rookie drafts. This is probably a bit harsh compared to consensus but I have never seen it with this guy.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:47 am

Combine Reaction: Rashard Higgins
Not a great showing from a measured athleticism perspective.
I didn't expect him to be a great athlete so nothing this week moves the needle for me.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:49 am

DynoScout wrote:Combine Reaction: DeRunnya Wilson

Woof. Aside from his gauntlet which was smooth and full-throttle (still not fast) I didn't like what I saw. Big slot type that I didn't expect to be a monster athlete, but...yeah. OL-like explosiveness.
his slothlike 40 made me curious on why he WAS so highly thought of , I had a slight opinion of him but after watching several games on DB what I saw was a dude that was wide open a lot against SEC cb , we all want wr that uncover and despite his terrible time I am more interested than I was previously . His hands looked pretty decent and he is physical . I actually like that he ran so slowly as it will cause him to drop in the draft and on rookie boards and he could be a complete steal come may or june drafts .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:54 am

DynoScout wrote:Combine Reaction: Malcolm Mitchell
Smooth and explosive. Looked good. Looked healthy. I like him at WR, but there are reports that a team (or teams) have asked him to run DB drills. Early on at Georgia I think he split time, and some have speculated that hindered his development as a WR. If nothing else it makes him interesting to monitor to see what an NFL team decides what to do with him.
LOVED this kid before his knee inury , I thought he was a ringer for chad johnson but now he is a much longer shot and if he gets moved to DB well then maybe I grab him as an idp stash ... oh well . I had he and keith marshall really high on my board but matshall drew way to much attention to his upside so he may have priced himself out of my range .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:30 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:
DynoScout wrote:Combine Reaction: DeRunnya Wilson

Woof. Aside from his gauntlet which was smooth and full-throttle (still not fast) I didn't like what I saw. Big slot type that I didn't expect to be a monster athlete, but...yeah. OL-like explosiveness.
his slothlike 40 made me curious on why he WAS so highly thought of , I had a slight opinion of him but after watching several games on DB what I saw was a dude that was wide open a lot against SEC cb , we all want wr that uncover and despite his terrible time I am more interested than I was previously . His hands looked pretty decent and he is physical . I actually like that he ran so slowly as it will cause him to drop in the draft and on rookie boards and he could be a complete steal come may or june drafts .
CC always out looking in the bargain bin for value. Love it.
Bottom line: He's going to be a 'steal' for those who hold out hope. I still believe he can be effective as a big slot. After this weekend it's fair to say he's more situation dependent than I thought. I can't leave him up at WR8 territory with that kind of outlook.
But, like you said CC, he's still a name I'm monitoring (stubbornness, perhaps). More likely a 3rd-4th round target now - low risk. He was going late 1st/early 2nd in a lot of pre-combine rookie mock drafts. Those days appear over.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

clarion contrarion wrote:
DynoScout wrote:Combine Reaction: Malcolm Mitchell
Smooth and explosive. Looked good. Looked healthy. I like him at WR, but there are reports that a team (or teams) have asked him to run DB drills. Early on at Georgia I think he split time, and some have speculated that hindered his development as a WR. If nothing else it makes him interesting to monitor to see what an NFL team decides what to do with him.
LOVED this kid before his knee inury , I thought he was a ringer for chad johnson but now he is a much longer shot and if he gets moved to DB well then maybe I grab him as an idp stash ... oh well . I had he and keith marshall really high on my board but matshall drew way to much attention to his upside so he may have priced himself out of my range .
I think Mitchell will prefer to play WR. I have been at the office all day so I don't know if he actually participated in DB drills today.
I just heard that teams asked him to.
He may have declined, wants to focus on WR, yada yada.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:32 pm

I always have a guy that is the 30 to 40 range that I make a pet project out of and I think mitchell and perhaps wilson after his sundial timed 40 could be that guy . I play almost exclusively in 16 team leagues w/ 2 round drafts so I look for guys to grab when guys who don't do their homework are just out of players they want and just looking to get anything late in the draft . Or a player or two that I can scoop & stash for free after initial waiver wire rush.
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci