Tajae Shapre

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
Lunchboxll
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Tajae Shapre

Postby Lunchboxll » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:24 am

So I've watched two videos on Sharpe, both listed below. One was a draft-breakdown and the other a highlight reel.

Tajae Shapre WR (U Mass): 6'4 200lbs. I wouldn't worry about his thin frame, plays much bigger than his 200lbs.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN7J0341wrc[/youtube] Highlights
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dezN4T4Xm14[/youtube] Draft-breakdown

What I saw was a true possession receiver. Very physical player, not the greatest speed, but he uses his body well to box out corners and high points the ball well. What concerns me is he lacks the ability to separate. He didn't show any real moves to create separation, and mostly relies on his physicality. In the Notre Dame game I saw him give up on a play in the red-zone: with a corner draped on him he gave up on the play and looked for the flag. He did get the PI, but I think if he fought for the ball he could have made the play. After the catch he isn't all the special, no "make-you-miss" moves, or stellar stiff arm.

I'm too new at this to draw NFL comparisons, but he plays very physical, didn't see a lot of drops (I haven't looked into his season drops), limited route runner (possibly due to scheme, in the ND game mostly saw streaks, come-back routes, and hooks. ND was giving him tons of space), great run blocker, and great at the point of catch.

Bottom line, I love his physicality and run blocking, but the rest of his game needs work.

Little surprised there isn't more in this forum.
Team 1:
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/FLEX/D/K .5 PPR, 4pt passing TD.

QB: J. Winston J. Garoppolo
RB: E. Elliot, M. Gordon, T. Coleman, Burkhead, J. Allen,
WR: A. Robinson, S. Watkins, T.Y Hilton, J. Gordon, R. Switzer, C. Godwin, C. Coleman, M. Lee, J. Smith-Schuster, L. Treadwell, J. Ross, W. Snead,
TE: H. Henry, T. Higbee

Team 2:
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX/2DL/2LB/2DB/2DFLEX; .5 PPR, 4pt passing TD.
QB: J. Winston, A. Dalton
RB: T. Coleman, J. Allen, A. Jones, S. Perine, T. Ward, J. McNichols
WR: A. Robsinson, S. Watkins, M. Lee, R. Anderson, R. Matthews, C. Godwin, T. Taylor, A. Darboh, R. Woods
TE: T. Kelce, H. Henry, J. Doyle, E. Engram
DL: J. Bosa C. Avril, N. Spence
LB: A. Ogletree, B. Wagner, L. David, B. McKinney, B. Orakpo, N. Bellore, S. Lawson, J. Smith
S: H. Clinton-Dix, A. Adrian, TJ McDonald, S. Williams, K. Byard

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Tajae Shapre

Postby whodunnit » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:03 pm

I've been keeping a fairly close eye on Sharpe and I really like him as well. totally dependent upon landing spot though for me. aside from the top 5 (Elliot, Treadwell, Boyd, Doctson, Henry) He's on my next 4 WR's to watch closely
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

akbfrosty
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby akbfrosty » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Sharpe actually measured 6'2 189 at the Sr. Bowl. He also measured with hands under 8", which is less than ideal for a WR prospect.

I think he's an interesting prospect; he knows how to be "the guy" on a team, which is nice to see. He lacks the sort of measurable upside, though that I'd ideally want for a WR in the 1st round of a rookie draft. He's a guy to keep an eye, but he feels like a late 2nd-3rd round guy for me in a dynasty rookie draft. There are just players that do what he does with more ideal measures and against a higher level of comp.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:31 pm

I think he'll develop into a good, dependable pro without ever consistently running into enough volume to be a fantasy football difference maker. If he were to get good volume I think he would be a valuable PPR asset, but his NFL team would likely continue to back fill WR talent. He would basically always be looking over his shoulder...keeping his dynasty value relatively low.