NSD 16'

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
TomBobAnderson
All Pro
All Pro

NSD 16'

Postby TomBobAnderson » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 am

Anybody else take the day off to eat steaks and drink and watch NSD? Well maybe I'm just a degenerate lol. Anyways some thoughts so far half way through the day

- I don't play IDP but Texas and Clemson are loading up on the D line. If Gary goes to Clemson (He'll probably end up at Michigan) that may be the greatest DT class I've ever seen. To counteract that it looks like FSU is loading up on a ridiculous OL class. Clemson vs FSU is going to be a battle in the trenches over the next couple of years.

- LSU and FSU's DB class are sick. Especially if LSU lands Fulton.

- Ole Miss' WR class looks REALLY good. Idk how the heck they pulled AJ Brown out of Starkville. The home of their biggest rival. Wow... It's even crazier that they pulled the best or maybe the 2nd best QB of this class. That offense is going to be scary.

- This class lacks a big time RB IMO. Let's see if I'm wrong though

- Isaac Nauta who's Georgia bound is an animal. Him and Eason may be fun to watch over the next 3-4 years. Although I'm not totally sold on Eason. I think that Patterson and Henry are better. Guarantano may even be better than him too.

- Again I don't play IDP but Strong is loading up on big time outside linebacker's over at Texas. Outside Linebacker's are more important in the Big 12 because of the Spread Offense in that conference. They still lack a QB. Idk if he'll be able to keep his job this time next year.

What do you see so far on NSD? Would love to hear different thoughts

dlf_robw
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: NSD 16'

Postby dlf_robw » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:36 pm

I am hoping another strong class (no pun intended) brings Texas back to relevance. College football is better with the classic programs clicking.

Agree with your take on the backs. A bit thin near the top. Might be stronger in second tier though I think it drops off fast. Not a great group.

I feel Shea Patterson is a Heisman contender starting in 2017. Smooth transition for him.

I keep a close eye on Clemson receivers given how they develop them. Not bullish on any of Powell/Overton/Chase. Would pick Overton if I had to.

Rashan Gary is huge for Michigan. Think he cements their return to top of Big Ten. East division going to be fun to watch.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: NSD 16'

Postby DynoScout » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Biggest walking away point for me from NSD was Michigan getting Gary. Huge signing for that program and ultimately for the B1G.