2016 Senior Bowl

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

2016 Senior Bowl

Postby RightlegTucker » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:49 pm

Anyone been following and have prospect news to share? I've read several different articles now talking about how impressive Braxton Miller has been, looks to be a natural at WR. Very raw though, still doesn't use his hands all that much and has to refine his route running. I also saw some 1 on 1s with Carroo and he looked pretty good. He got separation and caught all of his balls. Mayock gave a positive report on Burbridge but he still looks pretty pedestrian to me. Trouble getting separation and he dropped a pass that hit him right in the chest. Would love to hear any other insights!

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2016 Senior Bowl

Postby DynoScout » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:19 am

Heard a lot of the same as you RlT. Instead of piling on, I'll take this a different direction...that I think is still appropriate for the thread.

One thing that I haven't heard very much:
The SR Bowl does not seem to have a good collection of CBs this year. I feel this has been under-reported while everyone goes gaga over how the WR are looking in drills/one-on-ones.
Don't get me wrong, it's good that the WRs are looking smooth in drills and winning the match ups in front of them, but the best CB down there is projecting as no better than a day 2 pick.

If these WR are fantasy difference makers down the road, they'll have to make hay against far better individual competition.

yooperbacker
Role Player
Role Player

Postby yooperbacker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:49 am

Either Braxton Miller is really that good or the rest of the Wrs are that bad. How is a guy who has played the position for less than a year the best senior wr?
16 Team 53 man roster ppr tack heavy idp (1qb, 1-3rbs, 2-5wrs, 1-3te)
Qb:P. Rivers, T. Taylor, C. Daniels
Rb:D. Johnson, G. Bernard, J. Mixon, A. Kamara
Wr:S. Watkins, K. Allen, D. Moncrief, A. Cooper, K. White, Doctson, C. Davis
Te: T. Eifert, Z. Ertz, A. Derby

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:43 am

yooperbacker wrote:Either Braxton Miller is really that good or the rest of the Wrs are that bad. How is a guy who has played the position for less than a year the best senior wr?
I haven't seen any reports that he is "the best". He is the guy everyone seems to be buzzing about though. I've been trying to find stuff on Sterling Shepard but haven't as of now. The corners looked fine in the North drills that I saw. They were playing press for the most part and won their fair share of battles. The receivers weren't dominating the drill. The only two receivers who won consistently were Miller and Carroo.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:08 pm

I've read some frustration from people covering South practices that they haven't run crisp or interesting practices.
What I'm saying: Details seem light on the entire South roster, not just Sterling Shepard.
I've read a bit on Drake and the QBs but that is about it from the offensive skill positions. I saw one mention of Jay Lee making one nice catch.

Seems like coverage has been much lighter for the South than for the North overall. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I going crazy?

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:36 pm

DynoScout wrote:Seems like coverage has been much lighter for the South than for the North overall. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I going crazy?

The South team had a few practices across the Mobile Bay over near Fairhope/Daphne and I bet most of the media stayed at the stadium with the North. :biggrin:
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:03 pm

bcoogan23 wrote:
DynoScout wrote:Seems like coverage has been much lighter for the South than for the North overall. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I going crazy?

The South team had a few practices across the Mobile Bay over near Fairhope/Daphne and I bet most of the media stayed at the stadium with the North. :biggrin:
Ahhh! Local intel, appreciate it.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:09 pm

Haha yup! Next year I'll hopefully have media credentials from some cool dynasty fantasy site and I'll be able to go. All this week I'm at a conference on the west coast, with I was back home, Mobile isn't far from my house in Hattiesburg
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah good to know. Television coverage in general seemed a little light this year. Most of the practices they showed on the NFL network consisted of OL-DL drills, or at least of what I saw. Still looking forward to the game, would love to hear your guys thoughts if you watch!

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 am

Planning to DVR and watch later. If I have any noteworthy observations I will pass them along.

RightlegTucker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby RightlegTucker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:13 pm

Practice Player Awards were given to Sterling Shepard and Braxton Miller. Finally found some articles on Shepard and he apparently had a very good week. As far as the game goes I thought Dixon looked pretty good. Aaron Green had a couple nice runs but he's a smaller guy who lacks top end speed. He's a late round flier at best. I thought Wentz looked really good, he had a couple nice throws that were dropped.

DynoScout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby DynoScout » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:07 pm

Didn't take much away from the game.
Wentz made some nice throws and looked like he was comfortable against this level of competition.
Miller looked raw as a WR.
Vannett looked like a worthwhile stash TE.

HEADBANGER
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby HEADBANGER » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Never watched Sr Bowl before and turned off before halftime cause was boring and felt gained very little info. I am busy most times and will read reviews or listen for info on some players in the coming months.
FF Player for 32 years, dynasty for the last 10 years.