Tony Dungy On Tim Tebow

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.

Has Tony Dungy Changed Your Mind On Tebow?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 29

Dynasty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dynasty » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:18 pm

tebow is overrated

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Florida QB Tim Tebow completed 20-of-35 passes for 246 yards, one touchdown, and one interception as the Gators lost to Alabama 32-13 in Saturday night's SEC Championship Game.

He also ran for 63 yards on 10 carries. The Crimson Tide entered the game fifth in the nation against the pass, but this was not an impressive display by Tebow in a game that surely was watched by 90+ percent of NFL front offices. Tebow made some poor decisions and did not come through when asked to pass the Gators back in the game after falling behind. He left the field in tears. This won't help Tebow's chances of playing QB in the big leagues.
Rotoworld

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:56 pm

I voted "no" because I've never changed my mind on the young man.

As an NFL QB, I think he'll be very good. As a fantasy QB, I'm not sure he'll be anything more than a mid tier QB down the road. But, he wins games and he's a leader. As an NFL QB, that's what you want.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 pm

Steelersfan wrote:Florida QB Tim Tebow completed 20-of-35 passes for 246 yards, one touchdown, and one interception as the Gators lost to Alabama 32-13 in Saturday night's SEC Championship Game.

He also ran for 63 yards on 10 carries. The Crimson Tide entered the game fifth in the nation against the pass, but this was not an impressive display by Tebow in a game that surely was watched by 90+ percent of NFL front offices. Tebow made some poor decisions and did not come through when asked to pass the Gators back in the game after falling behind. He left the field in tears. This won't help Tebow's chances of playing QB in the big leagues.
Rotoworld
(My comments are for Rotoworld and not you Mark).

Written like someone who wasn't a Tebow believer in the first place. Lets remember that Alabama went into the game as the nations #2 Defense. Tebow put up solid but not spectacular numbers and was not able to lead his team to victory when it counted.

This performance changed no ones opinion is my guess.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:37 am

Sorry if I offended any religious types with my Tebow joke. :oops:

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:52 pm

the_lung wrote:Sorry if I offended any religious types with my Tebow joke. :oops:
Where did your post and my post go? I never gave anyone permission to delete it nor did I delete my post.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Somebody must've complained, and a moderator deleted it.

It's no biggie, we're here to talk football.

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:40 pm

Pilate wrote:
the_lung wrote:Sorry if I offended any religious types with my Tebow joke. :oops:
Where did your post and my post go? I never gave anyone permission to delete it nor did I delete my post.
hmmmm Are you saying that I missed a potentially offensive joke???? DAMN :lol:

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:47 pm

hosler427 wrote:
Pilate wrote:
You did and the fact that it didn't come from you was astonishing. :lol:

BTW Lung...I didn't complain. I spoke my mind and left it at that. I was surprised you didn't get more grief...Brady was hammered for saying "GD" which I thought was far less offensive then what you said.

----------------
Now playing: Ryan Adams - La Cienega Just Smiled

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Pilate wrote:
hosler427 wrote:
Pilate wrote: Where did your post and my post go? I never gave anyone permission to delete it nor did I delete my post.

BTW Lung...I didn't complain. I spoke my mind and left it at that. I was surprised you didn't get more grief...Brady was hammered for saying "GD" which I thought was far less offensive then what you said.

----------------
I didn't delete it but I did find it offensive. The only reason I didn't make a comment is because I didn't get any backing when I voiced my opinion concerning a similar comment recently.

If someone feels something is offensive then they should probably contact the administrators or moderators so it can be deleted without a public war of words.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:09 pm

Steelersfan wrote:
Pilate wrote:
hosler427 wrote: hmmmm Are you saying that I missed a potentially offensive joke???? DAMN :lol:

----------------
I didn't delete it but I did find it offensive. The only reason I didn't make a comment is because I didn't get any backing when I voiced my opinion concerning a similar comment recently.

If someone feels something is offensive then they should probably contact the administrators or moderators so it can be deleted without a public war of words.
yea... thats probably the best method... but it takes alot to offend me...

i tend not to make comments/jokes on politics, religion, or rights... simply because those are the most sensitive issues that can get people pretty angry very quick... they are also topics that can get easily miss understood when people talk about them.

i added more but erased it, i hope what i said wasnt thought of as me bashing tebow!

hosler427
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby hosler427 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:16 pm

I tend to be the same way Spencer. I actually witnessed a great league that was 3 years old completely fold because of a league wide political arguement that the commish didn't monitor. I stay away from politics and religion unless it is a private conversation between myself and someone I know pretty well.

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:08 pm

In an interview with the Colts' website, club president Bill Polian strongly indicated that he does not believe Tim Tebow will play QB in the NFL.

Polian admitted that Tebow is "a really good football player," but indicated that the Gators' quarterback could probably only stay under center for a Wildcat-based offense. "There's room for Tim Tebow, if you wanted to install the Wildcat as a part of a specific and integral part of your offense," Polian said. "He'd be perfect for you." Polian also believes Tebow would be a strong short-yardage ball carrier, and/or tight end.
Rotoworld

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 pm

Steelersfan wrote:In an interview with the Colts' website, club president Bill Polian strongly indicated that he does not believe Tim Tebow will play QB in the NFL.

Polian admitted that Tebow is "a really good football player," but indicated that the Gators' quarterback could probably only stay under center for a Wildcat-based offense. "There's room for Tim Tebow, if you wanted to install the Wildcat as a part of a specific and integral part of your offense," Polian said. "He'd be perfect for you." Polian also believes Tebow would be a strong short-yardage ball carrier, and/or tight end.
Rotoworld
I'm biting my lounge. :lol:

----------------
Now playing: The Black Crowes - Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:30 am

Pilate wrote:
Steelersfan wrote:In an interview with the Colts' website, club president Bill Polian strongly indicated that he does not believe Tim Tebow will play QB in the NFL.

Rotoworld
I'm biting my lounge. :lol:

----------------
Now playing: The Black Crowes - Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye
just finished watching the sec championship game... Alabama dominated that game from start to finish... their defense played pretty great... but their offensive line was what controlled and dominated that game. Alabama also seemed to make the big play when they needed it.. i said it before the game and ill say it again.. THAT was the real national championship.

now, tebow as a pro prospect... im excited for him to get a chance. i think hes going to surprise alot of people... his arm strength is actually really good, and he made some good throws under pressure.. did he make some bad ones? sure... but my view has only went UP in regards to his pro potential... he a leader, and someone is going to snag him in the 1st round and give him a chance to play qb at the nfl level.