Tony Dungy On Tim Tebow

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.

Has Tony Dungy Changed Your Mind On Tebow?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 29

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:40 pm

Fletch_F_Fletch wrote:Take it with a grain of salt, but over on ESPN NFL Rumors, there's an entry asserting that NE could draft Tebow and implement a 2QB system, where Tebow and Brady would be on the field at the same time and every play.

If anyone can pull that off it's the pats. I hadn't heard the rumor, but I def. Had the pats as a top three landing spot for him. Carolina is probably my third.

Phish Brigade
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Phish Brigade » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:40 pm

I just think the media and networks are grooming Tebow to be the guy that they squirt their man love about once Brett Favre retires for the 57th time. Call me crazy. You wouldn't be the first. :lol:
GDF3
QB- Vick, Freeman, Hasselbeck, Yates
RB- Foster, McCoy, M Bush, Ben Tate, R Jennings, Alex Green
WR- Wallace, TBMW, Colston, Boldin, Collie, Amendola, Washington Roberts, Doss
TE- Gates, Cook, Carlson, Heap, Shiancoe
K- Cundiff, Novak
DL- Abraham, J Smith, James Hall, R Quinn, Keiser
LB- Poz, DJ Will, Vilma, Wake, Rivers, Mays, Irving
DB- Polamalu, Berry, Delmas, C Woodson, M Griffin, T Thomas, Byrd

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:48 pm

Phish Brigade wrote:I just think the media and networks are grooming Tebow to be the guy that they squirt their man love about once Brett Favre retires for the 57th time. Call me crazy. You wouldn't be the first. :lol:
Thom Brennemen, circa 2008 - "If you spend just 5 minutes with Tim Tebow; Your life is better because of it."

I am not 100% sure if these were the EXACT words, but I vomit a little bit in my mouth each and every time I hear or think about that moment. Tebow is a great guy, a great athlete, but he is not going to succeed in the NFL.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:56 pm

It actually did not change my mind(in terms of changing my mind from not believing in him to believing in him), since I have this feeling all along about Tebow suceeding at the pro level. Of course it would be foolish to say about him for sure becoming a Steve Young II or so, but I think he will do fine.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:20 pm

Dungy definitely has great cred but no. I wait until when Tebow actually takes NFL snaps.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:39 am

dlf_stevea wrote:My washing machine works hard and is a winner. Maybe it'll get drafted top-10 or maybe it won't because he can't thow the football.

Love,

Shiner Bock
2nd Six Pack of the Day
man... pre phillip rivers i would have said anyone that throws like tbow wont succeed... but rivers is pretty damn close mechanic wise... maybe he can succeed, but i wouldnt bet on it...

GO CURRAN.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm

One quarterback who might have something to say about that is Florida’s Tim Tebow. Tebow hasn’t had the type of senior season many expected and has not taken the steps needed to prove he has what it takes to be a traditional dropback-type quarterback in the NFL. But that’s not to say he can’t be a successful starting-caliber QB. Look at what the Titans have done in recent weeks with Vince Young, who’s not a traditional dropback passer and is not the type of quarterback most NFL teams covet. If a team is open to using an unconventional offense for Tebow, allowing him to work from the spread, get him outside the pocket and run some power inside, there’s really no reason he can’t be a capable NFL quarterback. The idea of every team having a traditional dropback, strong-armed Carson Palmer-type quarterback is unreasonable because there’s a limited number of guys who can do that. However, if a team is willing to look outside the box and be creative with its play-calling, I think Tebow could end up having a successful career leading an NFL offense….

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:18 pm

the_lung wrote:From: News, notes on draft prospects
One quarterback who might have something to say about that is Florida’s Tim Tebow. Tebow hasn’t had the type of senior season many expected and has not taken the steps needed to prove he has what it takes to be a traditional dropback-type quarterback in the NFL. But that’s not to say he can’t be a successful starting-caliber QB. Look at what the Titans have done in recent weeks with Vince Young, who’s not a traditional dropback passer and is not the type of quarterback most NFL teams covet. If a team is open to using an unconventional offense for Tebow, allowing him to work from the spread, get him outside the pocket and run some power inside, there’s really no reason he can’t be a capable NFL quarterback. The idea of every team having a traditional dropback, strong-armed Carson Palmer-type quarterback is unreasonable because there’s a limited number of guys who can do that. However, if a team is willing to look outside the box and be creative with its play-calling, I think Tebow could end up having a successful career leading an NFL offense….
I think Vince Young is a great comparison when speaking in terms of a "non traditional" QB. Vince Young is very polarizing, and even with the experts. Those that watched Monday Night Football saw guys like Keyshawn Johnson supporting him and Steve Young saying he will have limited success due to being an "outside of the pocket" QB.

Vince Young is showing us that with some players, you throw the book out when it comes to evaluating the QB position. For every Vince Young / Tim Tebow who did not look pretty, you have the Ryan Leaf's and Jim Drukenmiller's who were gorgeous to watch in the pocket. The are so many variables that come into play and one that I think is key with Tebow is attitude. I admittedly love Tim Tebow the man (wub wub) and may be clouded in my judgement. But his on the field work is undeniable and if anyone can succeed it will be St. Tebow. :lol:

----------------
Now playing: John Mellencamp - Authority Song

stevea
All Pro
All Pro

Postby stevea » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Tebow is going to pick that Bama defense clean next week...

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:19 pm

My qualities that I look for in a franchise NFL QB (not necessarily in order) are:

1. Leadership
2. Familiarity with a pro-style offense
3. Accuracy
4. A film room guy
5. Not an underclassman

I have found this to fairly accurately predict QB success although it is far from perfect.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:57 pm

dlf_stevea wrote:Tebow is going to pick that Bama defense clean next week...
...a little friendly wager? 8-)

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:14 am

highballers wrote:
dlf_stevea wrote:Tebow is going to pick that Bama defense clean next week...
...a little friendly wager? 8-)
I actually agree with Steve on this one but only if you change the words around a bit...that Bama defense is going to pick Tebow clean next week... :lol:

Tebow may be good for a rushing TD though... :D

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:23 am

Tebow is an amazing athlete so he'll get his in that game but gotta support the Red Elephants!

moneyballer
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby moneyballer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:54 am

I gotta pull for Bama in that game. Tebow is a class act, but I'd like to see things get shaken up a bit at the top. :D

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 am

moneyballer wrote:I gotta pull for Bama in that game. Tebow is a class act, but I'd like to see things get shaken up a bit at the top. :D
Same here.