Tony Dungy On Tim Tebow

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.

Has Tony Dungy Changed Your Mind On Tebow?

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 29

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:21 pm

I agree. I think someone will take him in the late first (I'm still saying patriots will somehow end up with him) and just throw him in wherever he ends up fitting (TE/FB/backup QB or whatever).

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:00 pm

Anyone who watches the Patriots play knows that Brady plays out of the shotgun ALOT!! I would estimate about 75 percent of the time.

The days where a QB has to be able to play under center are gone. Tebow will have a future in the NFL and it will be at QB.

----------------
Now playing: Relient K - The Only Thing Worse Than Beating A Dead Horse Is Betting On One

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 pm

Pilate wrote:Anyone who watches the Patriots play knows that Brady plays out of the shotgun ALOT!! I would estimate about 75 percent of the time.

The days where a QB has to be able to play under center are gone. Tebow will have a future in the NFL and it will be at QB.

----------------
Now playing: Relient K - The Only Thing Worse Than Beating A Dead Horse Is Betting On One
If Brady didn't have his safety blankie (welker) I think his shotgun % would drop.

I agree that QB's don't have to thrive under center necessarily, but they need to be more than merely competent (ala matt cassel).

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm

thevidon2 wrote:
Pilate wrote:Anyone who watches the Patriots play knows that Brady plays out of the shotgun ALOT!! I would estimate about 75 percent of the time.

----------------
If Brady didn't have his safety blankie (welker) I think his shotgun % would drop.

I agree that QB's don't have to thrive under center necessarily, but they need to be more than merely competent (ala matt cassel).
its all about the system.... when you draft guys you draft them because they FIT your system. a team isnt going to draft tebow and use him as a FB... i use to think the opposite, but im with nate... and believe he will play QB at the next level... and even be a starter.

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:09 pm

thewhyterabbit wrote:
thevidon2 wrote:

----------------

its all about the system.... when you draft guys you draft them because they FIT your system. a team isnt going to draft tebow and use him as a FB... i use to think the opposite, but im with nate... and believe he will play QB at the next level... and even be a starter.
Maybe he can be white Kimble Anders...remember that guy?
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

Pilate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Pilate » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:26 am

Against the 3rd ranked Cincinnati Bearcats, Tebow went 31/35, 482 yards and 3 TD's in the 2010 Sugar Bowl. Oh...he also rushed for 51 yards and a TD in a route and Gator win.

Hobbled with a slow and poor throwing motion, Tebow set the all time record for total yards by a player...and only 51 yards of it was with his legs.

Tim Tebow will go down in history as the greatest college player ever and finished his college career in a dominating fashion. Tebow also finishes his career with the second best pass efficiency rating in college football history, behind Sam Bradford.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:58 am

Great career indeed... I will be anxious to see where he lands in the pros, and how he will do. I wish the best of luck to him, for he is a great young man. I am not a fan of his, but I do respect his accomplishments and his ability. It will be interesting to see how he does.

thevidon2
Starter
Starter

Postby thevidon2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:45 pm

God I hope Miami drafts him. It will be a thing of beauty to watch him run the Wildcat there. They are the only team ive ever seen truly commit to the formation and stick with it for a whole game.

Anyone remember the colts/miami game this year? Miami had the ball like 45 minutes that game. They lost because their defense was terrible, but it was still an impressive showing for the potential of the Wildcat.

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Pilate wrote:Against the 3rd ranked Cincinnati Bearcats, Tebow went 31/35, 482 yards and 3 TD's in the 2010 Sugar Bowl. Oh...he also rushed for 51 yards and a TD in a route and Gator win.

Hobbled with a slow and poor throwing motion, Tebow set the all time record for total yards by a player...and only 51 yards of it was with his legs.

Tim Tebow will go down in history as the greatest college player ever and finished his college career in a dominating fashion. Tebow also finishes his career with the second best pass efficiency rating in college football history, behind Sam Bradford.
And Timmy Chang finished his career as the NCAA leader in total offensive yards (16,910), most career passing yards (17,072), most career plays from scrimmage (2,587), and most passes completed in a career - 1,388. How did his NFL (and CFL) career go? Not so swell.

No doubt Tebow was one of the greatest college QBs ever, but so were David Klingler, Colt Brennan, and Graham Harrell. Conversely, one of the greatest NFL quarterbacks - Tom Brady - did virtually NOTHING in college.

College play sometimes means ZILCH for an NFL prospect. And a lot of talent scouts aren't even thinking of Tebow as a QB - they think he's a TE at the next level. That should say everything.

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:14 pm

the_lung wrote:
Pilate wrote:Against the 3rd ranked Cincinnati Bearcats, Tebow went 31/35, 482 yards and 3 TD's in the 2010 Sugar Bowl. Oh...he also rushed for 51 yards and a TD in a route and Gator win.

And Timmy Chang finished his career as the NCAA leader in total offensive yards (16,910), most career passing yards (17,072), most career plays from scrimmage (2,587), and most passes completed in a career - 1,388. How did his NFL (and CFL) career go? Not so swell.

No doubt Tebow was one of the greatest college QBs ever, but so were David Klingler, Colt Brennan, and Graham Harrell. Conversely, one of the greatest NFL quarterbacks - Tom Brady - did virtually NOTHING in college.

College play sometimes means ZILCH for an NFL prospect. And a lot of talent scouts aren't even thinking of Tebow as a QB - they think he's a TE at the next level. That should say everything.
look at phillip rivers. im with nate, timmy will be successful in the nfl.

-THE DUDE-
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby -THE DUDE- » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:43 am

the_lung wrote:

Im not saying his college success will mean anything for the pro game but come on Timmy Chang? Him and Brennan from the WAC that play a bunch of nobodies. Not to say that good QB's haven't come from some lower tier schools before but it's not like they had the physical talents to be a NFL QB. Tebow at least has the arm strength to compete. He needs a lot of tweaking with his mechanics and footwork but his arm strength is more than adequate...those others not so much.
QB: A. Rodgers, Herbert, Purdy, Levis
RB: ETN, Bijan, Gibbs, Mostert, Dobbins, R. White
WR: AJB, Diggs, ARSB, G. Wilson, Kirk, E. Moore, Mingo, Wicks
TE: Fant, Njoku, Chiggy, I. Smith, Musgrave

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:26 am

thewhyterabbit
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby thewhyterabbit » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 am

how many times did he throw the ball that game? urban meyer threw it that much for one purpose only.. to show scouts what tebow could do throwing... mechanics can be taught. will it be hard? sure it will, but this wont be the end of tebow.

blacksheep
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby blacksheep » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:49 am

thewhyterabbit wrote:
how many times did he throw the ball that game? urban meyer threw it that much for one purpose only.. to show scouts what tebow could do throwing... mechanics can be taught. will it be hard? sure it will, but this wont be the end of tebow.
That's what I thought too as I was watching the game.