Rookie drafts following devy drafts

Interested in discussing college prospects? Or even High School Prospects? This is the forum.
DWiddy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Rookie drafts following devy drafts

Postby DWiddy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:46 pm

I am new to devy football and we are getting ready to do our first devy draft. It is a 12 team league and we are going to carry 5 devy players. Next year we will have a rookie draft of two rounds. My question for those who have a similar format is what should I expect from the rookie draft next year. Is there a chance there will be any good players who get missed in the devy draft. I am thinking maybe two or three possibly but wanted to get some feedback from some experienced owners. Thanks for any feedback.

jason401
Starter
Starter

Re: Rookie drafts following devy drafts

Postby jason401 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:41 am

There may be one or two rookies that slip through, but other than that you're probably looking at a full round drop in talent level. In one devy league that has a 4 round devy draft each year, Kevin White was the only rookie available that was going in the 1st round of normal rookie drafts. Maybe Dorsett as well. In a 6 round devy league, White was not available. So unless I have a top two pick, I consider those like normal 2nd round rookie picks.

DWiddy
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Re: Rookie drafts following devy drafts

Postby DWiddy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.