MS acquires Ben Roethlisber and 2021 HCR 3rd rounder

HCR acquires 2021 3rd rounder from MS

HCR incurs 4k cap hit for trading Big Ben

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Re: Trade HCR/Multiple Scorgasms

Postby jimscafs25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:41 pm

There's gotta be conditions or something else involved, right?

Craig0331
Captain
Captain

Postby Craig0331 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:48 pm

SuperHawks wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:39 pm MS acquires Ben Roethlisber and 2021 HCR 3rd rounder

HCR acquires 2021 3rd rounder from MS

HCR incurs 4k cap hit for trading Big Ben
Uhhhhh what? Am I missing something here? The best return Roethlisberger could warrant was essentially nothing? I don’t think I’ve ever commented on a trade before but there’s like 4 or 5 QBs that stink being bid on in FA right now, so I know somebody would have at least just offered the 2021 3rd without getting a 3rd back.

ssmith313105
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ssmith313105 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:50 pm

This is a joke right? Are we supposed to believe Big Ben is only worth swapping 2021 3rds?

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Anybody actually inquire about Ben's availability?

I get really frustrated by the general lack of interest in trading in this league (except during the draft... then people seem willing to deal picks for other picks). MS has been trying to move one of his WRs. I've been trying to deal WR/TE depth (and/or picks) for a RB. Forget whether we're asking too much or whatever... I think we've each only gotten one person even approach us to DISCUSS a trade.

And when a deal gets done people get mad cuz surely someone would have offered more. Really? That's not been my experience.

Maybe he was just dumping Ben's salary and MS actually inquired...

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:17 pm

TrueDawg wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pm Anybody actually inquire about Ben's availability?

I get really frustrated by the general lack of interest in trading in this league (except during the draft... then people seem willing to deal picks for other picks). MS has been trying to move one of his WRs... I've been trying to deal WR/TE depth (and/or picks) for a RB... I think we've each only gotten one person even interested in discussing it.

And when a deal gets done people get mad.
OK, i get trying to squash this thing. But lets not defend it either. He clearly gave him to MS to stop bidding on Jimmy G. No way to prove it, and don't expect the deal to get voided. But lets not pretend like that didn't happen.

SuperHawks
Starter
Starter

Postby SuperHawks » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:21 pm

Not that I should have to defend anything but here’s the lowdown for those who haven’t figured it out yet.

I was going to have to cut Ben if/when I acquired Jimmy G. I’d already floated multiple deals out to try and trade him to no avail.

MS was the other primary suitor for Jimmy G so in order to get him out of the QB market and secure JG for myself, we came to this agreement, pending I won him of course.

I’m in rebuild, MS is in win now. Made sense for both of us.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:24 pm

jimscafs25 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:17 pm OK, i get trying to squash this thing. But lets not defend it either. He clearly gave him to MS to stop bidding on Jimmy G. No way to prove it, and don't expect the deal to get voided. But lets not pretend like that didn't happen.
Eh... I'm not trying to squash/defend anything. I would actually LOVE to have a conversation about trading and why only a handful of the league's owners seem even remotely interested in trading players (again people seem happy to deal picks during the draft), when doing so could clearly benefit both parties. I dont know if people just covet the players they drafted or people are just asleep at the wheel but its frustrating.

As for the JG bidding, MS was actually winning Cam at the time, so... maybe Tony's in on it too.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Hey I said Travis Kelise was up for trade. Zero suitors? got me
Last edited by citsalp1 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:50 pm

SuperHawks wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:21 pm Not that I should have to defend anything but here’s the lowdown for those who haven’t figured it out yet.

I was going to have to cut Ben if/when I acquired Jimmy G. I’d already floated multiple deals out to try and trade him to no avail.

MS was the other primary suitor for Jimmy G so in order to get him out of the QB market and secure JG for myself, we came to this agreement, pending I won him of course.

I’m in rebuild, MS is in win now. Made sense for both of us.
Ahh man, pretty certain we can't do that. I get the play, but this is clear collusion.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 pm

citsalp1 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:42 pm Hey I said Travis Kelie was up for trade. Zero suitors? got me
Nobody wants to give up assets to acquire players on 1-year deals... and in general, I think people over-value draft picks. Plus, as I said earlier, only a handful of the 16 owners generally seem interested in making moves. So those 3 things combined means no interest in Kelce. The only 1-year player I'd potentially trade in a RB deal is Watkins... everyone else has at least 3.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:20 pm

I'm gonna let this simmer and give other owners a chance to weigh in before anything is done about it. I'm not comfortable deciding this on my own.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Don't bother me none, but I can assurre you Tony is not in on it. (he don't like MS, but then again most don't).
Last edited by citsalp1 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:41 pm

TrueDawg wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 pm
citsalp1 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:42 pm Hey I said Travis Kelie was up for trade. Zero suitors? got me
Nobody wants to give up assets to acquire players on 1-year deals... and in general, I think people over-value draft picks. Plus, as I said earlier, only a handful of the 16 owners generally seem interested in making moves. So those 3 things combined means no interest in Kelce. The only 1-year player I'd potentially trade in a RB deal is Watkins... everyone else has at least 3.
Come on man Ertz went for 40 k, to a team who has 1-50 odds of even sniffing the playoffs. According to my alagothrim(lol)

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:49 pm

I'm not a fan of this trade, I can understand why it was done and it's probably within the rules, but it just doesn't feel right to me

Regarding lack of trading partners, I completely agree, but also those trying to deal one year rentals also need to understand that their value is significantly lower, unfortunately most don't seem to accept this fact.