Trade HCR/Multiple Scorgasms

Moderator: TrueDawg

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Trade HCR/Multiple Scorgasms

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 pm

Dre wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:49 pm I'm not a fan of this trade, I can understand why it was done and it's probably within the rules, but it just doesn't feel right to me

Regarding lack of trading partners, I completely agree, but also those trying to deal one year rentals also need to understand that their value is significantly lower, unfortunately most don't seem to accept this fact.

If the franchise tag did not triple, maybe there would more trades.... I have no porblem with the trade, but see your POV.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:07 pm

I really don't know what the solution to this is. The rules only have one extreme penalty for dealing with things like that, I'm not in favor of going nuclear over something small like this.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Dre wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:49 pm I'm not a fan of this trade, I can understand why it was done and it's probably within the rules, but it just doesn't feel right to me

Regarding lack of trading partners, I completely agree, but also those trying to deal one year rentals also need to understand that their value is significantly lower, unfortunately most don't seem to accept this fact.
it's really tough to trade rentals before FA, unless you are doing it at a steep discount. What you looking to get back for kelce?

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:26 pm

citsalp1 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm I can assurre you Tony is not in on it.
That part was a bit tongue-in-cheek. :P

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:39 pm

jimscafs25 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:10 pm

it's really tough to trade rentals before FA, unless you are doing it at a steep discount. What you looking to get back for kelce?
Well in all honesty I didn't try that hard...a first would have worked...maybe>>>lol. But I don't like drawn out trade conversations.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:43 am

Any trades that clearly benefit only one team or the intentional submission of a non-competitive** lineup both qualify as collusion.
And who is that here?

I expected the whining, as usual - especially from the usual suspects, but collusion? Really? :lol:

EDIT: bonus contract for Ben btw please

Craig0331
Captain
Captain

Postby Craig0331 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:06 am

TrueDawg wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pm Anybody actually inquire about Ben's availability?

I get really frustrated by the general lack of interest in trading in this league (except during the draft... then people seem willing to deal picks for other picks). MS has been trying to move one of his WRs. I've been trying to deal WR/TE depth (and/or picks) for a RB. Forget whether we're asking too much or whatever... I think we've each only gotten one person even approach us to DISCUSS a trade.

And when a deal gets done people get mad cuz surely someone would have offered more. Really? That's not been my experience.

Maybe he was just dumping Ben's salary and MS actually inquired...
For the record, I made legitimate offers to both you for Watkins and him for OBJ that involved either a first round pick or a starting RB. Neither of you accepted.

The thing that’s the most bizarre to me in this trade is the swapping of the picks. If it was just the 21 3rd for Ben it would still be a steal but at least both parties are getting something out of it. The swapping thirds just says “give me nothing and I’ll give you a starting QB in the league”.

Tonystavoli
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Tonystavoli » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:07 am

I dunno seems fishy. If I want a guy at my number I can hold a carrot in front of someone’s nose and tel them to stop bidding and you will get a good guy in return.

Like I’m a fan of condition trades, I did it with Lee trade a few years ago. But to swap 3rds to “dump” a salary not sure I’m a fan of that. If you got a second in return you would hear me complain or even a different year. But same year 3rds just seems weird. But I’m not going to cause a scene

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:46 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:43 am
Any trades that clearly benefit only one team or the intentional submission of a non-competitive** lineup both qualify as collusion.
And who is that here?

I expected the whining, as usual - especially from the usual suspects, but collusion? Really? :lol:

EDIT: bonus contract for Ben btw please
LOL, i love how you are actually trying to defend it.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:01 am

Yeah, I got my all-star team of lawyers over here. We're ready to go.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:25 am

I wish you guys weren't lazy about this trade. Didn't even go through the trouble of making it look like a legit trade. Should have thrown in conditions or minimum made it a 2020 3rd for his 2021 3rd, so there was an exchange of value.

The trade itself clearly only favors one party, and is simply the 2nd part of an agreement that artificially fixed the price of an UFA. I don't know if this action should be permitted in an auction league.

The rules say nothing about colluding to price fix, which is a shame on our part. That being said, I am not in favor of making and enforcing rules on the fly. Kudos for exploiting a loop hole.

ssmith313105
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ssmith313105 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 am

I gotta imagine the market from Beckham and Brown improves if it only costs the swap of future 3rds to get a Pro Bowl player.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:43 am

ssmith313105 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:38 am I gotta imagine the market from Beckham and Brown improves if it only costs the swap of future 3rds to get a Pro Bowl player.
sign me up. just gotta agree to stop bidding on a player he likes too.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:53 am

SuperHawks wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:21 pm Not that I should have to defend anything but here’s the lowdown for those who haven’t figured it out yet.

I was going to have to cut Ben if/when I acquired Jimmy G. I’d already floated multiple deals out to try and trade him to no avail.

MS was the other primary suitor for Jimmy G so in order to get him out of the QB market and secure JG for myself, we came to this agreement, pending I won him of course.

I’m in rebuild, MS is in win now. Made sense for both of us.
The trade, in and of itself, is fine. The bolded, however, "stinks." If the trade is made without that understanding, then it's shrewd and tactical. That explicit understanding is where you start to approach collusion. That said...

Jimmy G was on the open market for all to see, and bid, if they so desired. That makes it a pretty hard sell that you colluded to manipulate Jimmy G's "pricetag," and if you didn't collude to do that, then I'm not entirely sure what people think you colluded to achieve.

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:54 am

jimscafs25 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:25 am I wish you guys weren't lazy about this trade. Didn't even go through the trouble of making it look like a legit trade. Should have thrown in conditions or minimum made it a 2020 3rd for his 2021 3rd, so there was an exchange of value.

The trade itself clearly only favors one party, and is simply the 2nd part of an agreement that artificially fixed the price of an UFA. I don't know if this action should be permitted in an auction league.

The rules say nothing about colluding to price fix, which is a shame on our part. That being said, I am not in favor of making and enforcing rules on the fly. Kudos for exploiting a loop hole.
viewtopic.php?f=153&t=144851&p=1295456& ... e#p1295456