Contract Renegotiation: Doug Baldwin Wr Seattle

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Contract Renegotiation: Doug Baldwin Wr Seattle

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:47 am

citsalp1 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:07 pm Some of us are paying attention, but I had no reason to get involved.... So what was your point? You over paid for a WR to prove your point. :D

It's just that time of year.. 8-)
First of all, lighten up Francis. :P

Secondly, I didn't bid to make a point. I bid because #1) there was no way I was going to let Jim resign him for $25k and #2) while I was expecting Jim to match, I'm happy to add the best player available this offseason that I could realistically afford (no way I can afford Bell or Hill). And I acquired him without giving up any assets (which I'm already lacking due to trades). Baldwin is a top 12ish WR and I now have Green, Baldwin, Gordon, Juju, and Watkins. That's probably like 4 top 20-25 WRs and a solid 5th, and probably the best WR corps in the league.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:00 am

Tough decision for me to let him walk, but i'm confident in my other WR's. Need that cap elsewhere.

I respect owners being agressive. We should be forcing each other to make tougher decisions. That's what should separate this league from others.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:49 am

jimscafs25 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:00 am Tough decision for me to let him walk, but i'm confident in my other WR's. Need that cap elsewhere.

I respect owners being agressive. We should be forcing each other to make tougher decisions. That's what should separate this league from others.
I don't have a first this year or next... so it was an opportunity for me to add another quality player. And I'm spending virtually nothing at other positions (except Jimmy Graham). Obviously my RBs are weak but... if Ajayi can be a high-end RB2, I should be okay starting 4 WRs.

And I'll try to move some of my WR depth to improve my RBs.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:07 am

3 years with bonus

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:52 pm

TrueDawg wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:47 am
citsalp1 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:07 pm Some of us are paying attention, but I had no reason to get involved.... So what was your point? You over paid for a WR to prove your point. :D

It's just that time of year.. 8-)
First of all, lighten up Francis. :P

Secondly, I didn't bid to make a point. I bid because #1) there was no way I was going to let Jim resign him for $25k and #2) while I was expecting Jim to match, I'm happy to add the best player available this offseason that I could realistically afford (no way I can afford Bell or Hill). And I acquired him without giving up any assets (which I'm already lacking due to trades). Baldwin is a top 12ish WR and I now have Green, Baldwin, Gordon, Juju, and Watkins. That's probably like 4 top 20-25 WRs and a solid 5th, and probably the best WR corps in the league.
Just having some fun

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:05 pm

citsalp1 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:52 pm Just having some fun
Me too.

Hotwings incur a cap hit of $8,600 for not matching.

Updated on MFL