2018 season discussion

Moderator: TrueDawg

Multiple Scorgasms
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:55 pm

jimscafs25 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:49 pm
SuperHawks wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:25 pm
We could just let him win all the QBs and have him gut his roster fitting them all in :)
Um obviously he's going to trade a few of his rentals for somebody's stud on a long term deal.
Unfortunately people are more interested in trading for Blake Bortles and putting half their cap into 1 guy than making a savvy trade for OBJesus or the Gronkster.

User avatar
jimscafs25
Starter
Starter
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby jimscafs25 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:58 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:55 pm
jimscafs25 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:49 pm
SuperHawks wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:25 pm
We could just let him win all the QBs and have him gut his roster fitting them all in :)
Um obviously he's going to trade a few of his rentals for somebody's stud on a long term deal.
Unfortunately people are more interested in trading for Blake Bortles and putting half their cap into 1 guy than making a savvy trade for OBJesus or the Gronkster.
I have no problem overpaying for the best RB in the league. Had the cap and only one spot to fill. Easy decision.

Yeah, I'm not overpaying you for rentals this early in the season. Bortles intrigued me cause of his price. You said no, so i moved on.

Multiple Scorgasms
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1357
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:04 pm

1 spot? Your best WR is Devin Funchess. :think:

Not really a rental if you can franchise a guy.

Or were you planning on giving Bell 96k next year?

User avatar
jimscafs25
Starter
Starter
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby jimscafs25 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:04 pm
1 spot? Your best WR is Devin Funchess. :think:

Not really a rental if you can franchise a guy.

Or were you planning on giving Bell 96k next year?
Funchess put up WR1 #s towards the end of the year. You should know , if you ponied up that 2nd i asked for him you might have made the playoffs.

Yeah, they are still rentals. Obviously you cant franchise them all, so you are trying to squeeze whatever value you can. Makes sense, but you're asking price has been too high. Hence why a deal hasn't been done.

User avatar
TrueDawg
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2909
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:45 am

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Tonystavoli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 pm
You really did min bids on cam and Nelson with 10 mins left? You wanna bid fine but what a douche move
The clock is 48 hours... not 47 hours, 50 minutes... or 46 hours. It's 48 hours. I look at bidding that's "ending soon" all the time to see if I think players should be bid up. It's every owner's responsibility to make sure players aren't going super cheap. There's no "gentleman's agreement" that we're not supposed to bid within X minutes of a bid ending.

User avatar
TrueDawg
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2909
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:45 am

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby TrueDawg » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Contracts for all draft picks have been updated... please double check em.

citsalp1
Captain
Captain
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby citsalp1 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:38 pm
Tonystavoli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 pm
You really did min bids on cam and Nelson with 10 mins left? You wanna bid fine but what a douche move
The clock is 48 hours... not 47 hours, 50 minutes... or 46 hours. It's 48 hours. I look at bidding that's "ending soon" all the time to see if I think players should be bid up. It's every owner's responsibility to make sure players aren't going super cheap. There's no "gentleman's agreement" that we're not supposed to bid within X minutes of a bid ending.
Some players have a "gentemans agreement"...some don't.

citsalp1
Captain
Captain
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby citsalp1 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:20 pm

citsalp1 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm
TrueDawg wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:38 pm
Tonystavoli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 pm
You really did min bids on cam and Nelson with 10 mins left? You wanna bid fine but what a douche move
The clock is 48 hours... not 47 hours, 50 minutes... or 46 hours. It's 48 hours. I look at bidding that's "ending soon" all the time to see if I think players should be bid up. It's every owner's responsibility to make sure players aren't going super cheap. There's no "gentleman's agreement" that we're not supposed to bid within X minutes of a bid ending.
Some players have a "gentemans agreement"...some don't. sp off to ipzz off uxlu

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:52 am

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby Dre » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:29 pm

A question regarding the recent rule changes which currently read:

- Going forward, the catch & release penalty will be applied if a player is cut OR traded during the same offseason in which he was acquired via UFA.
- The offseason roster limit has been increased from 19 to 21. We'll have a cutdown date, at which point rosters must be legal for the regular season.

Does this mean if the 2 guys I drop to go from 19 to 21 were signed during this FA period I will be docked with the catch & release penalty?

User avatar
jimscafs25
Starter
Starter
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby jimscafs25 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:52 am

Dre wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:29 pm
A question regarding the recent rule changes which currently read:

- Going forward, the catch & release penalty will be applied if a player is cut OR traded during the same offseason in which he was acquired via UFA.
- The offseason roster limit has been increased from 19 to 21. We'll have a cutdown date, at which point rosters must be legal for the regular season.

Does this mean if the 2 guys I drop to go from 19 to 21 were signed during this FA period I will be docked with the catch & release penalty?
We should probably vote on this before the end of the off season to clean it up. I'm thinking have a hard catch and release deadline of 8/25. Anyone cut or traded after that point, doesn't get applied the penalty.

User avatar
TrueDawg
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2909
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:45 am

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:57 am

Our "regular season" starts a week before the first game (Sept 1)... and you have 24 hours to resolve illegal rosters.

Why not just cut the 2 guys within 24 hours after the regular season opens?

I don't see any need to add a "catch & release deadline" to the end of the offseason.... we kindof already have one.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1084
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:52 am

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby Dre » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:57 pm

TrueDawg wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:57 am
Our "regular season" starts a week before the first game (Sept 1)... and you have 24 hours to resolve illegal rosters.

Why not just cut the 2 guys within 24 hours after the regular season opens?

I don't see any need to add a "catch & release deadline" to the end of the offseason.... we kindof already have one.
I'll just do that then, thanks

Xulu Bak
Captain
Captain
Posts: 997
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby Xulu Bak » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:59 am

citsalp1 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm
TrueDawg wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:38 pm
Tonystavoli wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:20 pm
You really did min bids on cam and Nelson with 10 mins left? You wanna bid fine but what a douche move
The clock is 48 hours... not 47 hours, 50 minutes... or 46 hours. It's 48 hours. I look at bidding that's "ending soon" all the time to see if I think players should be bid up. It's every owner's responsibility to make sure players aren't going super cheap. There's no "gentleman's agreement" that we're not supposed to bid within X minutes of a bid ending.
Some players have a "gentemans agreement"...some don't.
Waiting until the last second, just to wait til the last second is kinda a dick move (sometimes warranted!); however, with a 40% cap penalty for getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar, it's a bit unreasonable to be bitching and moaning about late bids so early in FA.

User avatar
TrueDawg
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2909
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:45 am

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:53 am

Think I have all currently completed FAs updated on MFL... let me know if I messed anything up.

OnABloodbuzz
Captain
Captain
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Re: 2018 season discussion

Postby OnABloodbuzz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:34 pm

I've got Lambo to be added.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest