2017 Season Discussion

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2017 Season Discussion

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:38 pm

citsalp1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:59 pm I have no idea what I have...I did want Foreman in the draft, he's gonna be a stud.
I was hoping Mack would fall to me at 2.04 (actually tried to move up a few spots for him)...when that didn't happen, I happily took Juju. But then I immediately started working to acquire another pick because Foreman was the last RB I had on my board and I thought he was a really good value there in the middle of the 2nd.

Miller is a good RB but he is NOT a bellcow back...he can't handle more than like 20 carries a game and you saw him start to wear down last year from the heavy workload. Foreman should get some goal line work early and I think he should start to see more touches as the season wears on. If he performs well, I think Miller could be a cap casualty next offseason. He's due a lot of money.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:46 pm

citsalp1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:59 pm I have no idea what I have...C.Samuel is a wildcard type pick,
Pumphrey isn't ready. I'm a Falcons fan and Breida is D. Freeman minus , needs to add 10 lbs. Big fan of Shanny's OF game plan in Frisco, Hyde will get hurt...Next man up.

Ty Montgomery....? Got me. I must have been drinking to spend that much, I'm a value shopper...Well I was.
I have no clue about Samuel...I thought that was a bit of an odd pick by Carolina and by you. Pumphrey and Breida (who?) are long-term projects / investments at best. Montgomery has tons of upside but you paid a high price for him.
Wr Hogan, could be special, but the Pat's always bring out some guy from the basement that excels. Wish I would have drafted A TE in this draft. Robby Anderson, should have some good games, when????. Gabriel will be traded next year, probably to to the 9er's. Landry boring, Pryor I have big hopes for.
Hogan is a JAG. But a JAG with Brady as his QB so...yay? Was a good draft to take a TE :D I wouldn't count on any Jets this year, especially pass-catchers...their QB situation is a dumpster fire. Landry is great...Pryor? Who knows. He didn't look great this preseason.

ssmith313105
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ssmith313105 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm really happy with how my team turned out. Obviously after making the trade for David Johnson I'm in win now mode. Hopefully being very aggressive the last couple of years finally pays off.

Good luck to everyone!

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Outside of getting really lucky with a handful of prospects this year, I can't imagine I make a serious run. Then again, crazier things have happened!

Good luck to everyone this year!

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 pm

Hoping the court lets Zeke play this year haha

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:51 am

Dre wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:45 pm Hoping the court lets Zeke play this year haha
He's a $hitbag...he deserves that suspension.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 am

Everyone bench your Bucs and Dolphins. If there's some karma for me losing D-Jax, maybe Antonio Brown won't go for 200 yards vs the Browns.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:57 am Everyone bench your Bucs and Dolphins. If there's some karma for me losing D-Jax, maybe Antonio Brown won't go for 200 yards vs the Browns.
Yeah there goes my only viable starting RB (which I get is my fault...things just didn't go the way I wanted them to this offseason as it relates to my RBs). I don't know why they didn't just move the game to St. Louis or something. Making these teams play 16 straight games is pretty BS. What about player safety?

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:41 pm

I feel pretty good about my team

Dalton should be ok and hopefully Wentz takes the next step

I really like my stable of young RBs, just need Perkins and Smallwood to solidify their starting spots

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:31 pm

SuperHawks wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 pm It's been quite a while since I was an underdog in a divisional game yet here we are in game one of the season. Seems the vast improvement of my divisional foes combined with the hemorrhaging of several franchise players over the past few years could finally catch up to me this season.

Fire sale is a definite possibility if things go south.

Good luck all!
I'm trying to catch you, but it hasn't been very easy!! I think my roster will be a bit more competitive this season hopefully!

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 pm

TrueDawg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:46 pm
citsalp1 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:59 pm I have no idea what I have...C.Samuel is a wildcard type pick,
Pumphrey isn't ready. I'm a Falcons fan and Breida is D. Freeman minus , needs to add 10 lbs. Big fan of Shanny's OF game plan in Frisco, Hyde will get hurt...Next man up.

Ty Montgomery....? Got me. I must have been drinking to spend that much, I'm a value shopper...Well I was.
I have no clue about Samuel...I thought that was a bit of an odd pick by Carolina and by you. Pumphrey and Breida (who?) are long-term projects / investments at best. Montgomery has tons of upside but you paid a high price for him.
Wr Hogan, could be special, but the Pat's always bring out some guy from the basement that excels. Wish I would have drafted A TE in this draft. Robby Anderson, should have some good games, when????. Gabriel will be traded next year, probably to to the 9er's. Landry boring, Pryor I have big hopes for.
Hogan is a JAG. But a JAG with Brady as his QB so...yay? Was a good draft to take a TE :D I wouldn't count on any Jets this year, especially pass-catchers...their QB situation is a dumpster fire. Landry is great...Pryor? Who knows. He didn't look great this preseason.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 am

citsalp1 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Brieda is Tevin Coleman is SF, with Hyde liable to twist his ankle going to the shower> Shanny's OF in ATL relied on two backs, Breida is # 2 in SF, until Hyde get's hurt, then you have Freeman 2.0.

Curtis Samuel , if your not noticing how different players positions that have transitioned to a new position, well don't know what to tell you . I look at C.Samuel as Pryor(who I expect to be in the top 12), extreme athleticism , but with a learning curve. Pumphrey was, is a project, Sproles is retiring next year.... I don't draft off ADP, I do wish I could have done a couple things different...but not really. It has served me well in my money leagues, and normally I'm always in the playoffs....
Last edited by citsalp1 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:38 am

Who is this WR? projected targets 110. 6 '3" 200lbs, runs 4.4 forty Shitty QB BUT someone is gonna catch the ball.
Last edited by citsalp1 on Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:52 am

citsalp1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 am
citsalp1 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Brieda is Tevin Coleman is SF, with Hyde liable to twist his ankle going to the shower> Shanny's OF in ATL relied on two backs, Breida is # 2 in SF, until Hyde get's hurt, then you have Freeman 2.0.

Curtis Samuel , if your not noticing how different players positions that have transitioned to a new position, well don't know what to tell you . I look at C.Samuel as Pryor(who I expect to be in the top 12), extreme athleticism , but with a learning curve. Pumphrey was, is a project, Sproles is retiring next year.... I don't draft off ADP, I do wish I could have done a couple things different...but not really. It has served me well in my money leagues, and normally I'm always in the playoffs....
The preseason the Falcon's went 0-4, the preseason for some teams this is simply practice against another helmet color.

BANK

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:42 am

citsalp1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:11 am Curtis Samuel , if your not noticing how different players positions that have transitioned to a new position, well don't know what to tell you . I look at C.Samuel as Pryor(who I expect to be in the top 12), extreme athleticism , but with a learning curve.
My issues with Samuel are entirely related to where he landed and how the Panthers will use him.