2017 Season Discussion

Moderator: TrueDawg

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2017 Season Discussion

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm

TrueDawg wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 am
The current rules are going to keep Multiple Scorgasms out of the playoffs too... I think he was one of the staunchest supporters of using total points for the wild card, ironically.
That’s the thing, the only shame is that I don’t make it while some average teams do. But SMTM deserves it more than me. No disappointment whatsoever losing out to him specifically. I can tell you with 100% honesty and certainty that I’d rather miss the playoffs with the 2nd most points than make them with the 8th or some goofy crap. I know some people are completely the opposite but that’s just the way I am. I’m much prouder of the owner job I did putting this roster together than I am the one I won a title with in 09. That team was garbage, I must’ve got a lot of breaks.

Multiple Scorgasms
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Multiple Scorgasms » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Alright so I looked and you both went 2-0 vs WBS and 1-1 vs each other so I guess that’s it. That’s totally cool. This whole time it seemed like we were ignoring that tiebreaker, maybe you just knew it was also tied, I don’t know.

The only question remaining is... if WBS went 0-4 against you guys and scored so few points overall, how the F did he win 7 games to begin with. :wtf:

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 pm

We rewarded the highest points to the wild card teams, what's the big deal? The AFC was on fire this year, someone is gonna lose, and someone is gonna win. Yes the highest points should be awarded to that team with chance at the wildcard. I play in many $$$ leagues, basically the same rules, if you have divisions.

That's what happens when you get quality owners. Wouldn't surprise me if Tony's Tigers wins it all...

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm

citsalp1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 pm We rewarded the highest points to the wild card teams, what's the big deal? The AFC was on fire this year, someone is gonna lose, and someone is gonna win. Yes the highest points should be awarded to that team with chance at the wildcard. I play in many $$$ leagues, basically the same rules, if you have divisions.

That's what happens when you get quality owners. Wouldn't surprise me if Tony's Tigers wins it all...
Based on overall points I have one of the worst 6 teams in the league but I was able to get 6 wins. I had no shot at the WC spot because it’s based on overall points but I also won’t get to compete for the top pick because overal record is used to seed playoff teams. How is that fair? How does that “mirror” what the NFL does?

It should be overall points for everything or nothing. Doing it this way “rewards” the highest scoring team but punishes my team for doing nothing other than facing teams on their off weeks.

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 pm
TrueDawg wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:37 am
The current rules are going to keep Multiple Scorgasms out of the playoffs too... I think he was one of the staunchest supporters of using total points for the wild card, ironically.
That’s the thing, the only shame is that I don’t make it while some average teams do. But SMTM deserves it more than me. No disappointment whatsoever losing out to him specifically. I can tell you with 100% honesty and certainty that I’d rather miss the playoffs with the 2nd most points than make them with the 8th or some goofy crap. I know some people are completely the opposite but that’s just the way I am. I’m much prouder of the owner job I did putting this roster together than I am the one I won a title with in 09. That team was garbage, I must’ve got a lot of breaks.
I respect you for saying that. I can’t believe my points only gets me a WC, if anything I should be disgruntled. I mean, I’m happy to make it, but it’s been far from easy, when it seems like I should have been taking care of business easier.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 pm

monkeybones wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm
citsalp1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:11 pm We rewarded the highest points to the wild card teams, what's the big deal? The AFC was on fire this year, someone is gonna lose, and someone is gonna win. Yes the highest points should be awarded to that team with chance at the wildcard. I play in many $$$ leagues, basically the same rules, if you have divisions.

Based on overall points I have one of the worst 6 teams in the league but I was able to get 6 wins. I had no shot at the WC spot because it’s based on overall points but I also won’t get to compete for the top pick because overal record is used to seed playoff teams. How is that fair? How does that “mirror” what the NFL does?

It should be overall points for everything or nothing. Doing it this way “rewards” the highest scoring team but punishes my team for doing nothing other than facing teams on their off weeks.
I'm not sure what your missing here, the division race is due to record, the W/C is due to points. That and your team sucks anyway, you of all people shouldn't be bitching 30k for Tyrod Taylor.... :wave:

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am

Three peat is still alive! Good luck to everyone who made the playoffs. May the best team win!

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:56 am

Time for a new champ! New blood comes into the playoffs and plans to wreck house!!

monkeybones
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby monkeybones » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:22 am

citsalp1 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 pm
monkeybones wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 pm

I'm not sure what your missing here, the division race is due to record, the W/C is due to points. That and your team sucks anyway, you of all people shouldn't be bitching 30k for Tyrod Taylor.... :wave:
Are you seriously that short sighted? Record doesn’t only determine the division race. It also determines the seeding in the playoffs for next years draft.

Yes, my team sucks and I don’t get to play for the #1 pick because of my record. I also don’t get to play for the championship because of my overall points.

If we used points to determine the playoff seeding I’d be in the bottom group and have a chance at the top pick. If we used record I’d be playing for a championship. Instead, I get neither because we use this hybrid system. The fact that you don’t see this as a major problem is concerning.

SuperHawks
Starter
Starter

Postby SuperHawks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:07 am

jimscafs25 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am Three peat is still alive! Good luck to everyone who made the playoffs. May the best team win!
Three-peat championship game matchup still amazingly somehow alive as well. Wouldn’t that be something? I like your chances of making it there much better than mine though.

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Postby jimscafs25 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 am

SuperHawks wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:07 am
jimscafs25 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am Three peat is still alive! Good luck to everyone who made the playoffs. May the best team win!
Three-peat championship game matchup still amazingly somehow alive as well. Wouldn’t that be something? I like your chances of making it there much better than mine though.
That would be crazy! Such a different feeling this year than last. Im genuinely just happy to have gotten in, and have no expectations at all.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am

So can we all agree that HRC wins the AFCN? HRC and SMTM are 3-1 in H2H games (WBS is 0-4) and the split their H2H matchups. But HCR has the better overall division record (5-1 vs 3-3)...

That makes SMTM the wild card.

In the NFC, it's much simpler... ICU is the #1 seed, Tony's Tiger's is #2, and Hotwings is #3.

SuperHawks
Starter
Starter

Postby SuperHawks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:57 am

jimscafs25 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:13 am
SuperHawks wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:07 am
That would be crazy! Such a different feeling this year than last. Im genuinely just happy to have gotten in, and have no expectations at all.
Absolutely. Like I said earlier in this thread, I had given up on this season completely and traded off every sellable asset I had. Never in a million years did I think the playoffs were a possibility this season. For better or worse just goes to show how much luck is involved with fantasy football.

I’d set our odds at meeting in the championship again at 100-1. Good luck!

SuperHawks
Starter
Starter

Postby SuperHawks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:59 am

TrueDawg wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:39 am So can we all agree that HRC wins the AFCN? HRC and SMTM are 3-1 in H2H games (WBS is 0-4) and the split their H2H matchups. But HCR has the better overall division record (5-1 vs 3-3)...

That makes SMTM the wild card.

In the NFC, it's much simpler... ICU is the #1 seed, Tony's Tiger's is #2, and Hotwings is #3.
Correct but please stop referring to me as HRC though. Those initials give me the creeps. #LockHerUp :lol: :wink:

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:54 pm

I'm pretty disappointed not to make the playoffs but that's fantasy. With Wentz/Zeke/Fournette/Doctson and a bucket load of draft picks I should be in contention for years to come

Good luck to all the playoff teams