2017 Season Discussion

Moderator: TrueDawg

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: 2017 Season Discussion

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:37 am

OnABloodbuzz wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:11 am
TrueDawg wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:02 pm Made a bunch of updates on MFL...please check and make sure I didn't make any mistakes.
Panthers D needs to be updated to 1 year 300.
Fixed

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:35 pm

Man that Bills D is really putting on a show....LOL

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:05 pm

Gawd I hated that injury, he was such a great player too watch :(

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Of course...the week I go away from Ajayi because I thought he'd take some time to get up to speed with the Eagles, he's facing a very good Denver defense, plus the presence of Blount...he has his best game of the season.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm

And AJ Green gets ejected after scoring 0.6 points. But I still won big.

Dre
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dre » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm ready for next season haha

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 am

TrueDawg wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:19 pm And AJ Green gets ejected after scoring 0.6 points. But I still won big.
That's not saying much. My season looks a lot like the Bucs. A couple good weeks, and a whole lot of crap...

Complete dumpster fire!

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Xulu Bak wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 am That's not saying much. My season looks a lot like the Bucs. A couple good weeks, and a whole lot of crap...

Complete dumpster fire!
It's saying a lot for my team!

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:27 pm

Pity full performance.... the Falcons look lost, but me being a homer I think they turn it around.... Whats really odd I lost in every league I'm in this week, unless J.Nelson scores 20 points...Oh well :boohoo:

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:00 pm

Hey guys...I'm at a conference for work this week. I'll be returning home Friday evening. I'll try to get the updates made before Sunday.

sprtsfrk208
Captain
Captain

Postby sprtsfrk208 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 am

Nice to see my team return closer to form after last weeks performance!

Xulu Bak
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Xulu Bak » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Despite getting nothing from my TE (SOP at this point), and starting a backup QB, my team was almost respectable this week. I'm still going to lose, of course, but at least I could have beaten a few teams, other than the one I'm facing, this week.

In other news, I think I care less about the NFL than I have since...I dunno, I was like 3? I'm sure I'll still watch the Super Bowl, and probably a good portion of the playoffs, but I can't even motivate myself to watch a regular season game to see how my fantasy teams are doing at this point. It's not the sport, concussions, protests, etc. either. College football is must-see, NFL is can't endure watching. I'm sure that's partly the disparity of QB haves vs have-nots in the NFL being so much more drastic than, not only college football, but other sports, but I think not having a team for a few years has gradually worn me down. Moving to Chicago, I wanted to adopt the Bears, but the Trubisky trade/pick, combined with John Fox, made that a steep climb this year.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Looks like I'll pick up another win...unless Funchess channels Jerry Rice tonight.

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TrueDawg » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Xulu Bak wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:04 pm In other news, I think I care less about the NFL than I have since...I dunno, I was like 3? I'm sure I'll still watch the Super Bowl, and probably a good portion of the playoffs, but I can't even motivate myself to watch a regular season game to see how my fantasy teams are doing at this point. It's not the sport, concussions, protests, etc. either. College football is must-see, NFL is can't endure watching. I'm sure that's partly the disparity of QB haves vs have-nots in the NFL being so much more drastic than, not only college football, but other sports, but I think not having a team for a few years has gradually worn me down. Moving to Chicago, I wanted to adopt the Bears, but the Trubisky trade/pick, combined with John Fox, made that a steep climb this year.
I still watch every week when I'm not working the Bengals home games... my dad comes over and we hang out. It's as much about that as it is about football. It's a struggle to watch the Browns though. We don't care that much about most of the other games, although we usually find something to watch during the slate of late games. But I haven't been watching the prime time games much. Thursday night games are awful...and Thursday / Sunday / Monday night games finish so late. The slew of injuries to star players isn't helping either.

I'll watch the playoffs and we generally host a Super Bowl party...but unless the Browns start to turn it around, I can see my apathy increasing significantly in the next few years.

citsalp1
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby citsalp1 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 am

TrueDawg wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:14 pm
Xulu Bak wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:04 pm In other news, I think I care less about the NFL than I have since...I dunno, I was like 3? I'm sure I'll still watch the Super Bowl, and probably a good portion of the playoffs, but I can't even motivate myself to watch a regular season game to see how my fantasy teams are doing at this point. It's not the sport, concussions, protests, etc. either. College football is must-see, NFL is can't endure watching. I'm sure that's partly the disparity of QB haves vs have-nots in the NFL being so much more drastic than, not only college football, but other sports, but I think not having a team for a few years has gradually worn me down. Moving to Chicago, I wanted to adopt the Bears, but the Trubisky trade/pick, combined with John Fox, made that a steep climb this year.
I still watch every week when I'm not working the Bengals home games... my dad comes over and we hang out. It's as much about that as it is about football. It's a struggle to watch the Browns though. We don't care that much about most of the other games, although we usually find something to watch during the slate of late games. But I haven't been watching the prime time games much. Thursday night games are awful...and Thursday / Sunday / Monday night games finish so late. The slew of injuries to star players isn't helping either.

I'll watch the playoffs and we generally host a Super Bowl party...but unless the Browns start to turn it around, I can see my apathy increasing significantly in the next few years.
I watch every game I can, and be thankful of the times you can spend with your Father. :thumbup: