UFA: Cincinnati Bengals DEF

Moderator: TrueDawg

jimscafs25
Starter
Starter

Re: UFA: Cincinnati Bengals DEF

Postby jimscafs25 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:50 am

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:25 am Yeah that's what I thought. Again nice job though, good way to spend your Saturday night. :lol:
You got me, i spent all night saturday waiting for your response.

are you going to give contract terms and make a roster move or do you plan to stall even longer?

TrueDawg
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: UFA: Cincinnati Bengals DEF

Postby TrueDawg » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:26 pm

jimscafs25 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:30 am Bidding ended Wednesday morning. Winning this defense gave MS an Illegal roster that had to be resolved by thursday morning. As far as i can tell, no move has been made by MS to fit this defense to his roster.
First of all, I'm not sure we've ever started the "illegal roster" clock based on the timestamp of the winning bid. There's usually a bit of delay for me getting the roster updated. And I think that's generally when we start the clock. But assuming we DID start the clock from the bid timestamp, he had until Thursday morning to assign years (which he didn't, so the Bengals get 1 year...though he really had no choice since he already has a multi-year defense). And he had 24 hours from that point to make a move...

He made the move Saturday morning, so he was two days late going by the timestamp. Given that I only *JUST* got his roster updated, because I worked 150 hours over the last 10 days I'm going to give him a 1-day penalty, which is $300 (20% of the contract that pushed him over the limit).

Now that's done...what other petty $hit do we have to argue about?